Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mostro servos (anyone installed mks x8's?)

I had an extra set of x8's I was going to install in my mostro, but my fear has been realized due to the limited horn selection. If anyone has installed the x8's, I would like to see how you did it.

Since I don't think they are going to work, I also am wondering if anyone has installed the new savox 2284SG? I have really wanted to try these, and since they have a normal output shaft, I can probably find a decent sized horn that fits. I have a spare x8 horn that I am going to grind the edge off, and will post if I can get it to work. If not, I will try the savox's and post my results.

-Gobin 380, Goblin 570, DIabolo Speed #51, TDR2, TDS: DS24/Axon
Procrastinator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm trying to get the X8's to work but it has been frustrating. There is so little room for error if you want to get the good alignment with the swashplate. I made these horns on my little cnc mill at work but I may end up running into problems where the links hit the servo horn hub at the low end of the servo throw. If Avant ever gets around to shipping a replacement main grip, I will be able to test these horns out.

I think the black cross horn will work too if you hack it up and don't use the servo pin/guide. MKS should really give you some extra horn options for how much these things cost. I hate to put the the plastic horn that has been cut down and filed onto such a nice looking heli.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140718_155502.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	522950  
Stoats is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea, I ended up just ordering the new savoxs. Even the smaller horn for x8's is still too wide, and definitely too long. I will say those laminate servo horns you made look pretty cool. It's a shame it is so tight, because I really like the x8's. thanks for the info.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i've seen pictures of mostros with the mks x8

they used small servo spacers with no grommets and secraft 17mm arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoats View Post
There is so little room for error if you want to get the good alignment with the swashplate. I made these horns on my little cnc mill at work but I may end up running into problems where the links hit the servo horn hub at the low end of the servo throw.
you mentioned good alignment with the swashplate.
i hope you read this article about the mostro geometry.
the arms must be 17mm for correct geometry.
http://www.avantrc.com/index.php/the-new/103

the link should not be vertical if that's what you're looking for.

#RCHelisAreCoolAF
FBLessOne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have never seen secraft servo arms that fit the x8's. I have looked a lot, but can never find a secraft horn compatible with the larger output shaft. I did find these when I was looking around....it may help someone in the future.

http://customheliparts.com/store/ind...product_id=442

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=3559

If anyone had a link to either a mostro with x8's, or 17mm secraft with a 8mm output shaft I would definitely like to see it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in