Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like Century products also. This forum is Very highly swayed towards Align products. I have a 450, but, would probable not buy another Align heli. They are overweight pigs. They need high rotor speeds to even get any performance out of them. They 3D like crazy, but, fly for only 3-5 minutes. Just my honest opinion.
Greybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

....I love you....agreed....!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
AKA MotorRotor INOP

Philie

Sorry for misunderstanding. I could not agree with you more re: jumping ship.

Yes Greybird and Philie, I now spend a lot more of my "forum" time on other forums that are not as biased towards other brands of nitro or gas powered helis or as Align biased re: electrics.

I have never believed that my self esteem hinged on being part of the "in" crowd, or made purchasing decisions based on the "celebrity" use of the product. Maybe that is why I was able to discover Century helis and how they represent such great value.
GyroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm a Century fan too! In fact, I'm probably buying a Raven 50 this summer to go along with my Swift.

My "450" is a Dragonus, which has a head design basically like a tiny Swift. And guess what? It has the same lovely feel on the sticks as the Swift.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Screech!!!!!!! I am so glad I found this thread. Somebody over in the T-Rex room told me about the Swift 16 since my goal is to get into AP. He told me to just spend the extra money now instead of getting a T-Rex 450 now and something that can handle the video gear later on. I must admit, this site (and I love it and the poeple in it) is very pro Align and had no idea Swift even existed. Now I'm not blaming that on other members, it's more my fault by not looking into other forums but I got to tell ya, I am soooo happy I found the Swift.

How common are parts and upgrades for the Swift 16? My local Hobbytown is all about E-Flight so no hope in picking up a part for a Swift or an Align. So I'd hope there is a lot of places online that I can order parts from.

I plan on only using the heli for casual/sport flight and AP once I get comfortable flying it. I have been on RealFlight for over a year now and am ready to buy the real deal. Most would suggest to buy a Blade 400 or T-Rex 450 as my first "real" bird but I don't want to get good on one that size and then be so limited on what one of those can lift for AP that'll force me to buy a bigger one like the Swift 16. I'm not going to be doing any 3D as I am not into that sort of thing.

Lastly, some of you mentioned another site (RGC) that has more Swift talk but I don't know the acronym so can you tell me what the site is?

Thanks,
G2
Gsquared08 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

G2, I started a thread that remains fairly active named "Tales of the Swift" here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689495

I'm really enjoying my Swift. It's a great bird, with parts almost as cheap as a T-Rex 450! I get my parts from Heliproz South (www.ronlund.com) or Heli-World.com.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you veeeery much!!!
Gsquared08 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in