Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
cd5
Registered Users

Default logo 690sx tip me over to press the buy button

Hi All
I currently own a 600sx and rappy e700
I am after a new 700 heli as my main heli . ive bee n tossing up between the gaui x7 formula , jr forza and the 690sx.

The forza is hard to fault except it is a smaller 700 and the electronics mounting and tight canopy seem a real pain.

The x7 looks tuff as and performs well but im not sure about quality control .

I know a few people who say theyd never fly a plastic gripped 700 , I dont really see mikado plastics as ever being a problem though. I guess i need to know if the 690sx will take a day in day out beating like its 12mm mainshaft , massive main gear carbon framed, alloy headed counter parts.

People say its a stretched 600 but its dimensions make it bigger than the x7,forza , align 700 and my rappy e700, so to me its not really a stretch
The only concern of the 690sx is will i be wishing i got a true 700,

thanks
pilot-rc edge 540 27%
cd5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

690 SX uses the same frame as a 500/600, they are the same size...longer boom, larger canopy, and a few drive train upgrades are the only difference.

If you want a true Mikado 700, the XX is the only choice.

Edit...Absolutely nothing wrong with the Mikado plastic grips, don't let that deter you for a moment.
Retired2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I currently have an x7 and it fills the gap for me while I wait for a proper plastic framed Logo700.

I don't know anything about part QC problems. I know they recently had a batch of tail gears go out that had internal voids in them but I feel that would be a hard problem to catch and it seems like the company is trying to make it right.

I love that Gaui just came out with a 9T pinion for the x7 which will allow me to run a light high kv motor for plenty of power at 'sane' headspeeds. Very few 700s today can run a 560kv motor for headspeeds around 2000rpm or less.

The 690sx is the exact opposite of this. A very light airframe with a brick of a motor that puts out less power than a much lighter 4035-500 that Mikado themselves bundles with the Logo600. I've said this before, but I tried fitting my 6s5000 packs into my Logo600 and I quickly realized that was not something I wanted to do every day. If they puffed at all, they might just get stuck in there. There are things for me about the 690sx that just feel a little half baked. But this is just MY opinion and how I feel about it. I'm still a fan of Mikado helis. I just feel they've stumbled a bit on their latest offerings.

Anyone afraid of plastic grips is silly or has only experienced grips made from inferior plastic.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't really comment about the 690SX because I do not own one yet.... But the Logo helicopters are awesome ! I love my 500 SE and my 600 SE.

There was a very experienced pilot flying the 690 SX at our club this summer and it performed great !!! Looks to me to be a great helicopter. Good for low speed or high speed. He had it setup with the new VBar Radio with banks and it was awesome !!

I don't think you could go wrong with the 690 SX.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's get Norman in on this discussion. He had the Raptor e700 (which was his favorite heli) and got a Logo 690SX to fly next to it.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Raptor E700 I bought as was with Team ReadyHeli to help promote RH selling the Raptor line of helis and I was very interested in a lightweight, VERY low cost day to day beater machine. The E700 became much more than a day to day better for me. It became my primary flyer and after some custom swash numbers from Nick Maxwell it flew very linear or as linear as it ever could. It is light and it will NOT break in the air from hard 3D and it does not wear out from day in and day out flight. Dampening is very good and you can run low/high head speed and not get wobble. Very smooth drivetrain. Did strip a few gears as the main gear is not made from a very good material but it was 2-3 gears over 200 fights not like it was every day. Never had a tail issue at all.

I signed on to Mikado USA when it opened and when the 690SX was shown I was not even interested. I flew the Logo 600 for over 5 years. BEST 600 ever made in my opinion. If best why don't you own one anymore? This is a hobby and I had to have something diff to fly just to stop burnout. That only reason. ONLY one... I thought the 690SX was overgrown 600 and I find MOST think that but it is not true at all...

The 690SX I built for a friend as he bought one when it came out and before I was done with it I KNEW I had to go back to Logo's. I have always been a logo guy. Logo 10, L600, L700 and etc. Always been a logo guy.

The 690SX is same frameset as always. Never had a problem with that. Mikado did a LOT to make this not just a microwaved 600.

Belt... The Belt only says Mikado 690 on it. It is the thickest belt of any machine I have ever seen. Seen longer and etc but this is beefiest belt I have ever seen for a drive belt. DEEPEST teeth of any belt out there IMO... ZERO slippage...

Tail Drive Pulley... Mikado puts the aluminum carbon pulley in so there is no slipping or wear.

New tail box to capture belt and give zero issues at all.

SX Style rail to stop main gear from stripping.

Blade grips are all new and take 5mm bolts. They are NOT 600 blade grips. Many think they are but they are new to this machine.

The Scorpion motor is a area of great detail. It is NOT just a 4525 with lower KV. It is a total new motor. The KV is lowered so the biggest pinion can be used to maximize teeth contact to stop from stripping gears. The motor is also not a 10K Watt motor like the original 4525 is. NOT even close it is like a 5-6K Watt motor. Before anyone gets concerned it is more than plenty. This is a 9.8lb heli with 4500's. That is ALL it is. No 10K motor is needed. By lowering power the flight time is magnificent. I get OVER 5 to 5.5 minutes of solid 2K RPM and the Logo moves like stink. I mean it moves as good as ANYTHING out there.

I have always been a super critical on many machines on cyclic feel. I am super picky. I make it no secret I am Logo fan and DIEHARD vbar user. DIEHARD.

In the end I wanted a lightweight machine to suit my needs and have great flight time but that is hard combo to come up with. The 690SX I didn't think was a machine for hardcore flight but is VERY much is. I have had zero maintenance issues with it to date and I have over 100 flights on it. Summer heat winter cold. Typical Logo it just works.

The Logo has the feel on the cyclic I prefer. MANY don't like this and that about a Logo but no one ever flew one and said it flew bad it it had a Vbar and was setup right. The 690SX is my primary every day machine and will be until Mikado makes me a plastic frame L700.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just don't crash a 690 SX like I did, they explode into splinters. The entire airframe is sacrificial. Bought another kit immediately because it is a light fragile heli that flies great. Be prepared to buy a new kit with any mishap, I've crashed a lot of helis and never seen anything disintegrate like the 690 SX.
Salvaged the motor and electronics.
Haven't crashed my 480 xxtreme, 600 SX, 700 xxtreme or 800 xxtreme and hope I never do.
Logos are made to fly, not crash! Lol
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 690SX

I had a extreme 700 and wound up selling it because I just felt it lumbered around a little to much. I have or have had every size FBL logo. Currently I fly a 550sx a 600sx and just maidened my 690sx last week. Put on six flights the fist day out and there is really not much to say except its absolutely insane. I have not had a better flying helicopter
Ever.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default logo 690sx tip me over to press the buy button

I definitely do not agree. Plastic frame logos tend to do very well in a misshap. Sorry about your misfortune with your 690sx, but I think you had an unfortunate crash.
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
cd5
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

well ive done it. 690sx on its way
pilot-rc edge 540 27%
cd5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

690sx, 550se and 400se on their way
janol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
690sx, 550se and 400se on their way
Old 11-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have come to realize that for me..........nothing flys like a logo.
now I need to sell warp 360, align 550l and goblin 500
Old 11-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have come to realize that for me..........nothing flys like a logo.
now I need to sell warp 360, align 550l and goblin 500
Yeah! Get rid of the riffraff!!!! lol
Old 11-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

you know how you go out to the field, you bring out a bunch of helis and they all fly great, they all have their strengths, all are fun, some are power houses, some are precise, it was a great day.

but as you drive home at the end of the day, all you can think about is how your logo flew and how you can't wait to fly it again.

plus nothing autos like a logo
Old 11-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in. I pulled the trigger on a 690sx yesterday. I have heard too many good things to pass it up.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
foolforspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got one also, can't wait!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the best flying heli I've had, only downside is the 690 doesnt take windy condition as good as the heavier machines, especially the logo 700 xx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in