Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs View Post
Trolling? How about this: "The truth always hurts". It's time you quit sticking up for Avant and be more like FOX news, telling it like it is.
What was posted here in the event forum, in this thread, is the very definition of trolling.
Taking a topic out of its forum and derailing other unrelated threads.

Stopping the trolling has nothing to do with sticking up for Avant.

The topic being trolled is irrelevant. The issue is, trolling.

It's time to stop trolling.
That's the "truth that always hurts".

Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for putting on the funfly! Had a great time! See yah next year!
Team Helidirect
Helis4Life77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saw lots of great flying. Thanks to all the event staff!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

-sigh- . . . I was disappointed. . I wont list the reasons. . But last years event was heads and tails better then this years . . . However, Getting my pic taken with the worlds #2 pilot made it all very worth while. (( heck yes I'm #1 .. ha ha )) . Thanks Kyle Dahl . . Your a kool cat and an amazing heli pilot !! Your maneuvers / Skill set / transitions are mind numbing.

One would almost think you made a deal with the devil your so damn good. . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k3.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	498717  
Dejavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
-sigh- . . . I was disappointed. . I wont list the reasons. . But last years event was heads and tails better then this years . . . However, Getting my pic taken with the worlds #2 pilot made it all very worth while. (( heck yes I'm #1 )) ha ha . Thanks Kyle Dahl . . Your a kool cat and an amazing heli pilot !!

Hmm...a left-to-right name-tag (or right-to-left) would be helpful for those of us who were not there
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Hmm...a left-to-right name-tag (or right-to-left) would be helpful for those of us who were not there
Hmmm - - Those in the know of the hobby know very well who Kyle Dahl is. . For those that don't need to do a little homework. . I don't get paid to write. Nor do I cater to those who can not ask with manners and / or tact.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fair enough...

Three words would have sufficed as an answer, but to each their own

I doubt that Kyle Dahl is either right or left, but that's not what mattered

I had a chance of going this year, but it fell thru so it really doesn't matter one way or the other

Sorry you had to go into such detail to refuse
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #68 (permalink)

Honestly, the funfly was a big let down. Other than my personal heli issues, it was extremely windy, things were flying everywhere... And the turnout wasn't very good, maybe 60-70 pilots. Now I haven't been to many funflys, but LA3D (which was the first time in 5 years it was held) had about 90-100 pilots, and it was a much more enjoyable event, even with the wind. The main flight line was closed to the average flyer like me for about 2:30 hours today. I do not plan on attending next year.
HorizonHobbyFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I attended the event and met some fellow Thunder Tiger Team Members. Nick and Adam, it was great meeting you and nice to see Steve again. I enjoyed the new TT 550 Electric Adam demo'd during the noon session.

The weather could have been better but that just part of the hobby.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #70 (permalink)

It was great meeting everyone today, I got a lot of help from a bunch of awesome Blade and Mikado guys. Thanks!
It was just not as fun as other funflys, but, at least it is in a city with more than just flying to do (if you are over 18/21)
HorizonHobbyFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorizonHobbyFreak View Post
Honestly, the fun fly was a big let down. Other than my personal heli issues, it was extremely windy, things were flying everywhere... And the turnout wasn't very good, maybe 60-70 pilots. Now I haven't been to many funflys, but LA3D (which was the first time in 5 years it was held) had about 90-100 pilots, and it was a much more enjoyable event, even with the wind. The main flight line was closed to the average flyer like me for about 2:30 hours today. I do not plan on attending next year.
Thank you for that. I was hoping I was not going to be the only one who left feeling short changed . . I look forward to this event all year long. . Last year I had a blast & enjoyed all the great pilots, booths, merchants , ect..
This year was nothing like that . . I'm sure there is a reason. . But why do they have to put on this event in the windiest month of the year ? Does not really effect the flying. but it does effect ppl and their moods. I left the house with about $500 to blow and came home with $460 . . ( not what I wanted to come home with )

And no disrespect to you pro pilots. But who ever was in charge did not set you guys up well at all to show off your skill set and help promote the hobby we love. Again I look forward to this event all year and all the joys it has to offer. Right down to drooling over other pilots machines.

I seriously had nothing to drool over this year. . So little was actually there. Sorry to be a fuddy duddy. . But it really was that bad for what should have been a rocking Saturday . . We all know that the Pro's and merchants pack up around noon on Sunday. . So sat. was to be "the day" of days

So - - For whomever gets the ball rolling or is in charge of rolling the ball for these events. . Please advertise and build it up better for next years event. . This is after all Las Vegas . . It's all about entertainment here . . If you promote it, they will come .

And yes, it was free . . Still however it's not about the money. It's about putting on a good show and promoting "our" hobby. .

Hope I'm not out of line here. . Just my thoughts and opinion's is all. . . . For what it's worth. . Just seeing Kyle Dahl and his skill set did make the trip worth while. And not a total loss. That guy is BOSS !!! I assure you, its not a man crush. . ha ha ...Just Talent envy.

-IMO- The public head count should far out number local heli pilots at these type events. This was more like a club meeting with a few national pros that attended.
-Peace-

P.S . . .I want to give props to superstition hobbies . . . You guys had a nice booth set up and could tell you were well prepared for any and for all. . Sorry for the let down and attendance.

Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; 03-30-2014 at 01:38 AM..
Old 03-30-2014, 01:02 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
brianr058 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had more then enough fun...

All the hot shot pilots from team align and team mikado were there. The flying was unreal. I'm very happy I came.

The turnout was poor..and it's hard to imagine the big teams coming back next year.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deja Vu... Based on previous post and the comment about man crush, I take it you were on the right in the photo and most likely that was your wife on the left. Look forward to crossing paths some time.

I am sorry that I missed it. Only 1 week off schedule. The grandsons birthday is next Monday and that takes priority over everything.

Sorry to hear about the turnout. Vegas is THE place for any kind of get together. All I heard about it was on here. Perhaps some better advertising would increase participation. Satellite radio ads are very inexpensive for national coverage. Get the manufacturers to add a little box on their home pages to advertise fun flys. Set up mailing lists to announce well in advance and plan a year or more ahead. Venues in vegas are easy. All else fails, set up in the middle of the desert. There are plenty of exceptional locations with wonderful backdrops for pictures in the immediate vicinity. It doesn't need to be close to the strip. Heck, I bet even the speedway would be an awesome location. Set up booths on the track and fly in the infield. (That might be expensive though). Any way, planning, advertising and organization are critical in any event. From the sounds of it, that is where the short comings were.

The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Psywarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got home from the Vegas fun fly , My friends and I all had a good time there , the only downside being the wind sat afternoon , Deja , I see your a vegas guy , do you belong to the vegas club ? if not maybe join and pitch in to make it a " better "event , a ton of work goes into doing this and some of the above posts might be taken as a slap in the face of all the guys that did take their time to do what they did ....

GREAT JOB GUYS !
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 08:56 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Las Vegas

I was there most of the day on Saturday. The noon time demo was spectacular.
Thanks for a great event. Will be there again next year.
UPSDOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

ff
heliaddict2424 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Had a great time

I went Friday and Sat. Friday weather was great, very little wind until pm but Sat started way too windy.

What I liked best:
The staff were very friendly, and accommodating for guys like me who could not even fly straight LOL. Thank you guys for your hard work and welcoming attitude.

What I liked least:
I felt out of place at times, too many pro pilots watching you...embarrassing at most.

What I would like improved, or added:
Perhaps a flight station for guys like me who can't do 3D... :-)
FlightAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

flight , im in the same boat as you , "our" flight station is on the end , and the pros don't laugh at you , they remember they were once new , and pretty much could guess they wernt watching you , last year I flew next to Kyle , lol, no one was watching me for sure ....
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Better music over the PA would have been nice. Nothing against those who like country & slow songs, but we were at a heli funfly with pro 3D pilots. Maybe something a bit more modern than Brooks & Dunn.
atkinson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in