Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow....why not. I never thought about it. I checked it on the mikado-heli.de website and you are right.
It is the same lenth 240mm but it's not the same part number. The one from the 700 shaft is part number 04711, the other from the 800 is part number 04511.
So hopefully it won't be the same shaft. I will order one today and check the wall-thickness of the shaft and will let you know.
Mikado_Fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read a post where a guy stretched the Logo 700 to the 800, he mentioned that the older logo 800XXtreme shafts, were thicker, but now they have made them thiner,,, so the new Logo 800 xxtreme shaft are actually the same Logo 700xxtreme shafty, even though the part number is different. But we will see when you measure the thickness. i have a feeling we are going to see some more reports of bent shaft in flight....Going and take my 700 xxtreme out this evening and fly, will let you know if i bend the shaft
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

flew my 700xxtreme yesterday, put 5 flights on it, I seems ok for now, this evening I am going and fly again, by the end of the week, we will se if and bending takes place. BYW MikadoFan, what is your style of flying?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

@paulmedford: Hi, have you put on a new shaft from the 800Xx?
I asked my dealer today and he will check both shafts of their thickness and so on.
My flying style is between Kyle's and Mirko's. I like to fly aggressive but always with a touch of precision. I am not a smackdown pilot anymore so right now I fly also big air maneuver. You can say this modern FAI/3D style all the Mikado pilot fly with their 700s.

What about collective and cyclic pitch? I run 12.5 degreeson collective pitch and 10 degrees of cyclic. What about your Settings?

And what is your style? Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

you fly aggresive, so you put the shaft under strain!, I fly aggressive as well, I have replaced the shaft with a logo 700xxtreme, not an 800. We will see what the thickness difference is if at all, from your dealer. I am more or less certain its a shaft issue. i run 12.5 collective and 2070 HS vbar gov. 715mm blades. vivid, paddle sim at 40 agility 100. V bar radio
Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, my Logo 700xxtreme, is my favorite heli! I love the way it flies! just hope we sort out this issue
Old 10-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I've got some news about our problem.
My dealer get in touch with me today. He wrote me an email. So he get an answer from Mikado Germany. They told him that both shafts 700 and 800 are the same. He also ckecked the tickness of the shafts and both are the same as well. He also told me that some people are using diffrent harder shafts( this is not confirmed by Mikado). I will call him tomorrow to get some more infos.
@paulmedford: i love the Logo 700 as well. It flys so true and precise.
Do you have some news too? BTW How does your flying go? Is everyhing fine until now?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mikado fan ....No news yet,I put 5 flight on her since, and all is well, going and fly again, and will report back. Will rough her up a little to see
Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by zguy; 10-22-2014 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Reply already covered in prior posts.
zguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mikado fan.......I have an idea i am going to try. I am going to harden the shaft myself, heat until its glowing red then put in water, then heat till its purple and let it air cool, will do that then try to bend the shaft in flight. So far I have ten flights on the shaft I replaced, no problems as yet, but as prevention I will still harden the shaft.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

@paulmedford: You can try that if you want to but I have to mention that the shaft could bend during that hardening process. So bear that in mind. It could be very dangerous if the shaft is not straight anymore.
And wow ten flights without any bending....that are a lot more flights then I get.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmedford View Post
Mikado fan.......I have an idea i am going to try. I am going to harden the shaft myself, heat until its glowing red then put in water, then heat till its purple and let it air cool, will do that then try to bend the shaft in flight. So far I have ten flights on the shaft I replaced, no problems as yet, but as prevention I will still harden the shaft.
There is absolutely no way you will be able to do this without screwing it up. I know steel work more than I know just about anything else.

Some steel can be quenched the way you mention, but the temp range and quench method/time is FAR more scientific than what you outlined. You can't go by color alone, also. You can for VERY basic alloys such as 1095 but I guarantee main shafts for these helis are made of more complex alloys.

Not to mention, if you quench in water you will micro crack the steel, but that will be the least of your worries because it won't be straight anymore.

Do yourself a favor and never fly a main shaft that you've adulterated with the above method.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the insight. I won't attempt hardening the shaft . Thanks again man, much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the insight. I won't attempt hardening the shaft . Thanks again man, much appreciated.
No need to thank me. I completely understand the urge to do something on your own.

If you really wanted to do this, ask Mikado what the alloy is, then send the shaft to a local heat treating company (there should be one somewhere near you) and inform them of the alloy.

They can rockwell C test (hardness) to give you a baseline of how hard the shafts actually are. Based on that info you can request a hardness that you want to try, and they can harden and temper the steel for you.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. I had absolutely no idea that the science of hardening metals was so indept. You learn something everyday. Where I live I am not sure that we have a metal hardening company. But it's great info.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I read a post where a guy stretched the Logo 700 to the 800, he mentioned that the older logo 800XXtreme shafts, were thicker, but now they have made them thiner,,, so the new Logo 800 xxtreme shaft are actually the same Logo 700xxtreme shafty, even though the part number is different. But we will see when you measure the thickness. i have a feeling we are going to see some more reports of bent shaft in flight....Going and take my 700 xxtreme out this evening and fly, will let you know if i bend the shaft
Here's the link to my thread on my 700/800Xx where I explain the part numbers of the main shafts.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=616801

I have dozens of flights on this heli and whilst I'm no 3D smack pilot, I do know how to punish the 700/800Xx, usually by poor collective management
Jays200 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays200 View Post
Here's the link to my thread on my 700/800Xx where I explain the part numbers of the main shafts.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=616801

I have dozens of flights on this heli and whilst I'm no 3D smack pilot, I do know how to punish the 700/800Xx, usually by poor collective management

This is an interesting post.

I recently had a crash with my 700 (front tail gears piled up again) and I'm not certain if I bought a 700 or 800 shaft for the replacement. Im thinking 800 after this post.

I got the heli all rebuilt and flying again , blades seemed like they were loading up head more than before.

Then I converted to Vbar control , and during the setup I had to take some pitch measurements. I found what should have been 0 pitch was +5 degrees. I scratched my head and checked and triple checked everything with no reasoning. Gave it a rest and did the same thing the next night - nope
After calling a fellow flyer and told him my ordeal , he said if it's all proper and adjust the links to make it right. I finally did make the adjustments and it flies great.

So being the 700 and 800 shafts have different part numbers but are the same 240 in length , it is that the jesus bolt to auto rotation pin is ever so slightly different ? That is my only solution I can come up with as the 700 had 138 flights on it before the crash and 17 before I converted to VBC (with the blade loading issue I noted) .

Not much out of adjustment. I went 2 turns out on the swash links and 2 turns on the grip links.

Do you have a 700 and 800 shaft on loose ? I'd like to know if the holes are different in hole/pin spacing. It would put an answer to my lingering question.
I don't want to tear down a perfectly good running heli to check.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 01:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shaft

Hallo!
And yes Martin It is a different with the shaft.
5mm holes,the head fall down.
Yes just fixit with the links.
Best Regards
Mikael
mickemurare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 01:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shaft

Hallo!
Yes Martin It is a different on shaft
5mm different hole for the pin,the head will come down.
Just fix it with the links.
Best regards
Mikael
mickemurare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2014, 03:36 AM   #40 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
This is an interesting post.

I recently had a crash with my 700 (front tail gears piled up again) and I'm not certain if I bought a 700 or 800 shaft for the replacement. Im thinking 800 after this post.

I got the heli all rebuilt and flying again , blades seemed like they were loading up head more than before.

Then I converted to Vbar control , and during the setup I had to take some pitch measurements. I found what should have been 0 pitch was +5 degrees. I scratched my head and checked and triple checked everything with no reasoning. Gave it a rest and did the same thing the next night - nope
After calling a fellow flyer and told him my ordeal , he said if it's all proper and adjust the links to make it right. I finally did make the adjustments and it flies great.

So being the 700 and 800 shafts have different part numbers but are the same 240 in length , it is that the jesus bolt to auto rotation pin is ever so slightly different ? That is my only solution I can come up with as the 700 had 138 flights on it before the crash and 17 before I converted to VBC (with the blade loading issue I noted) .

Not much out of adjustment. I went 2 turns out on the swash links and 2 turns on the grip links.

Do you have a 700 and 800 shaft on loose ? I'd like to know if the holes are different in hole/pin spacing. It would put an answer to my lingering question.
I don't want to tear down a perfectly good running heli to check.

Martin
Great catch! Sounds like that's the cause. I was wondering whether you would ever find out why.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in