Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a real problem with 3.10/3.11 on one unit, I have two with 3.02 and they work just fine.

The swash hiccups when I switch cyclic channels on the 3.10/3.11 unit. There is no movement when switching cyclic channels on 3.02.

On the 3.10/3.11 I have reset the SD card, reset the accelerometers and there is no change.

Is there a way to force the 720 to reload the current 3.10 firmware?

Don S.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLny6doBTc&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited by ds1rc; 08-10-2012 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Video link added
ds1rc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds1rc View Post
I have a real problem with 3.10/3.11 on one unit, I have two with 3.02 and they work just fine.

The swash hiccups when I switch cyclic channels on the 3.10/3.11 unit. There is no movement when switching cyclic channels on 3.02.

On the 3.10/3.11 I have reset the SD card, reset the accelerometers and there is no change.

Is there a way to force the 720 to reload the current 3.10 firmware?

Don S.
Not directly or easily. Art could send you a rollback version? But no way to do it en mass off thier site.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Not directly or easily. Art could send you a rollback version? But no way to do it en mass off thier site.
And that is the problem. I can't understand why roll-back was available just for "chousen" beta testers, when the problem was obvious and related to all 3.10. Usually normal company makes general roll back for all the users until the fix is released.
Yesterday while I was making some set up I noticed that my SK reconnected to computer several times. I didn't touch anything. I was just sending changes to the card. Or even without it. I've tried different USB cabel and no changes. It looks like SK reseted while trying to write anything to the card. Also the software itself hanged 2 times so I've to finish it work with windows task manager. Logging is off.
I didn't dare to fly such unit.
Also with 3.11 software I've noticed that level sensor picture is not stable and trembling.
It looks like all 3.10/3.11 both firmware and software has a huge problem and bugged inside out.
It is big mistake for Skookum to release such software without proper testing and as far as the problem come out preventing simple users from rolling-back.

Last edited by Tigron; 08-10-2012 at 06:41 AM..
Tigron is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And still no update......

I think you should be alowed to install and version of firmware....
yellow303 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi would this cause the swash to stop for a millisecond when i am moving the pitch up and down on the bench ? as i have just noticed it doing this or do i have another problem with some thing else , i am not losing power in the futaba sbus rx or sk720 unit as the lights all stay green all the time and dont flash...thanks all
van-man-123 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by van-man-123 View Post
Hi would this cause the swash to stop for a millisecond when i am moving the pitch up and down on the bench ?
I occasionally see this behavior too with Spektrum electronics (DX8 w/DSMx sats). As far as I've noticed, it only seems to happen withing a few seconds after powering up. It doesn't seem to affect the flight performance though.
NRPY is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Follow-up to post #241, I sent the entire post to Skookum including the video. Now if I can see what the swash is doing when I switch from one Cyclic to the other I wonder why Art can't. This is the answer I received:

"Hi Donald,

Do you mean that the swash jumps in collective, or tilts slightly, or
re-centers?

Best Regards
Art"

I could say, but I won't because at least the email was answered.

I have a solution:

I found an old setup from 2011 that I had saved, SK720_Installer_Rev305.zip. Since I didn't get answer to “how can I force a reload of the firmware.” I attempted to load 3.02 with the 305 installer. I got a conflict error and 3.10 stayed in the secret compartment however the "Check for Updates" face plate indicated the firmware was 3.02 that’s good.

Next step, run an update from the 3.11 installer hopefully get an overwrite of the current 3.10 firmware. That's what I wanted to try in case the firmware was corrupted before sending the 720 to Skookum for repair.

A quick test showed the reload was successful. It gets flight tested tomorrow.

Don S.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGKAp6JwUE[/ame]
ds1rc is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That was AWESOME!!!! I wish mine would do that! I had the same issue as you.

Great posting!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just downloaded SK720_Installer_Rev305.zip and going to try it too!
Hope it works the same!!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRPY View Post
I occasionally see this behavior too with Spektrum electronics (DX8 w/DSMx sats). As far as I've noticed, it only seems to happen withing a few seconds after powering up. It doesn't seem to affect the flight performance though.

Mine have always doing this also, but it seems that since I turned off the logging it does not do that anymore, I guess it's when the logging started there was that little glitch.

That look similar to that current ''reset'' issue, but happen during flight.
martin_ is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Should we believe what they are saying?

Support info@skookumrobotics.com

1:57 (7 tundi tagasi)

Vasta
saajale mina
I am hoping to post it today

On 10/08/2012 6:31 AM, Raimo Noormaa wrote:

How much more time will it take to correct the SK 720 v3.10 software?

Br,
Raimo

It seems this time we can!

Last edited by Riff; 08-11-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Riff is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by van-man-123 View Post
Hi would this cause the swash to stop for a millisecond when i am moving the pitch up and down on the bench ? as i have just noticed it doing this or do i have another problem with some thing else , i am not losing power in the futaba sbus rx or sk720 unit as the lights all stay green all the time and dont flash...thanks all

Im glad im not the only one i have turned the logging off and i will see how it goes , this is happenining on a velocity 50 n and i am just powering the rx up on the bench it is futaba sbus running of a 2s lipo and am using power bus and all outrage hv servos my swash dose not tilt but just pauses sometime for a split second when moving the sticks around this is my 1st fbl heli so forgive me for being causious
van-man-123 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

The update is now available, so everyone can quit whining and download it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=443081
NRPY is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #254 (permalink)

Thread Starter Thread Starter

=] Thanks Nick, it's taken a little over a month for SK to find this issue and release the patch, pretty good going in my book considering!

so I am going to lock it here, thanks for the 252 posts and the 9,178 readers! Georgi UK.

georgi UK is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in