Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When you get it all figured out and it's flying like a bat outa hell, you'll pat yourself on the back and wander why you ever thought the brushed was better

Go to the normal brushed forum, type in "main motor" in the search, and be prepared for cursing and hating of the nano because of short life spans and no stock of main motors. People that havent flown for weeks because they cant find a motor. Others that can barely flip a few times because of the weak motor. The ones that are working, get 50 flights, spend another $15 bucks and hope for 50 more. Heck, I do 50 in a day or 2

You just need to get it right. when it's done, it will probably be the last motor you will need to buy for the nano for a long, long, long time

I'll try to get a video tomorrow, but mine can flip and roll nonstop for 3 plus minutes on the stock lipos and then land, pop in another without cooling down and keep on going all day like that. If yours isnt more powerful than stock, or is bogging down, it's an error somewhere in the build or the components.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helilineman View Post
Well it is a lil early to confirm if i have fixed my problem fully or not but i soldered my battery wires straight to the esc and flew it around a little bit and it did seem to be making better power. I cant do an accurate flight times test yet cuz i have a vib i need to get worked out first but it does seem to have more power. Smok1n you talked about the energy being transferred to heat. After i made the swap and after my test flight with it i strated feeling around for heat and the only thing that was warm was the esc. Is it normal for the esc to get a little warm in flight?
It's normal for your ESC to get warm or even hot if you're pushing it. If the wires get warm then that's a sure sign that your losing some power to resistance. As for heating at the solder joints, it's hard to detect, a lot of that heat gets transferred into the wires and the traces in the board.
Smok1n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Got any pics? And AUW ?
full brushless by pjacqs...

mild kit by astoid designs...

Not sure what AUW means if it means weight then its 30g with out battery and has all rakon metal head blade grips and swash im using an intellect 450 which is 7g
Old 02-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post

Not sure what AUW means
I think it's "All Up Weight"...

R
Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8or View Post
I think it's "All Up Weight"...

R
Nice one, then its 37g with 450 intellect battery (7g) full rakon ali head, grips and swash.

My mild is 26.5 g with full MH head, grips, swash and anti rotation kit with stock battery 30.7g so only .7 grams heavier than stock!

Still prefer my 16500 kv set up though it could be because my mild set up is noisy! Looking into that...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My mild brushless has the full rakon head, the rakon frame and a solid tail. It weighs 30.8g with stock battery.

And Bhujang, I think stock is 29g not 30g.
fac13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
My mild brushless has the full rakon head, the rakon frame and a solid tail. It weighs 30.8g with stock battery.
Thats good! Do you have the rakon swashplate and blade grips as well? I still use the stock tail boom and motor on mine. not much difference in weight at all, especially as you have the rakon frame too!

How does it fly?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
Thats good! Do you have the rakon swashplate and blade grips as well?
Yes, I have the Rakon swash, hub and grips. By my calculation the total weight of those is 0.24g heavier than stock. Most of the difference is is accounted for by the swash.

The Rakon frame adds another 1.26g (3.33g as against 2.07). Combined with the mild brushless upgrade this is still ok for the sort of flying I do, but is probably a bit much for 3D.
fac13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should be fine for 3D with the BL motor? How did you find the rakon frame? I heard a lot of moans about it but it looks good to me!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So after long deliberation, I've decided to sell my mild bl nano and keep my stock one - its listed here if anyone is interested: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...19#post4700919

It took a couple weeks of going back and forth...
What I finally decided was that I just really want the nano for an indoor beater, just to have fun with, bug the girlfriend etc! I might also take it to the field as a warm up heli, but I decided instead of the BL nano, I'll put the money from that sale into revamping my V1 Mcpx BL (gonna go with Hp06 motor!!) and I will use that as my main outdoor learner/flyer.

I can use that for a long time and will probably not ever get tired of it (plus I built it from ground up so there is sentimental value also). I also have a 300x which I love, but getting tired of repairing after every crash (crashes pretty good actually, its just not a great heli to learn to fly inverted

Last edited by mixfisto; 02-06-2013 at 04:38 PM..
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool choice I love the stock nano...

I want to get the new BL mcpX and soon

As for a 300X or bigger that can wait til im crash proof maybe by then the 550X will be around
Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the Bls MCPX and it has crazy power, after flying the Nano it feels so slow on the cyclic and rudder.

I think if you merged the power of the Bls MCPX and the cyclic and rudder rates of the 130x you would have a perfect micro heli.

Finally having good results with my mild bls Nano, I am using a microwaveable heat pack to keep the batteries warm when flying outside.

Here is a video of the power it is producing, Sorry not a great video. It was getting dark and I propped my ipad up on the trunk of my car.

It is very hard to try and keep the Nano in frame, makes the flying looked worse than normal. The crash was a result of standing inside the garage and loosing sight of the heli behind the garage wall.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwG9wPSnRj4&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
David Canfield is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

New Asteroid Designs Mild Brushless installed. This thing is WAY better than stock! Tail holding solid, no vibes, head speed is impossible for me to measure but it sure seems somewhat higher in Normal, significantly so in IU. Loving it! I'll take it to the club tomorrow night and let one of the pros have a go at it.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smok1n View Post
New Asteroid Designs Mild Brushless installed. This thing is WAY better than stock! Tail holding solid, no vibes, head speed is impossible for me to measure but it sure seems somewhat higher in Normal, significantly so in IU. Loving it! I'll take it to the club tomorrow night and let one of the pros have a go at it.
Just got mine today! Can't wait to install it and not have a main motor that burns out every ~30 flights!
lovespicyfood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Just got mine today! Can't wait to install it and not have a main motor that burns out every ~30 flights!
Got some hovering flights in last night, did some tweaking of the TX settings - flies like a dream! I have 5 battery packs, all stock eFlite 150 mAh 25C. One seems to have caused an LVC. I'll have to try that one a few more times and see if it's just not up-to-snuff. Didn't have any problems getting 4-minute hovers out of the other 4 packs. Going to the LHS to fly indoors after work today and see if I can get some serious training done. One thing that isn't made clear in any of the directions for setting up - I think you must rebind after installing a BL ESC. I had a couple of mishaps early in the evening with apparent loss of signal. After a rebind everything went smoothly.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smok1n View Post
Got some hovering flights in last night, did some tweaking of the TX settings - flies like a dream! I have 5 battery packs, all stock eFlite 150 mAh 25C. One seems to have caused an LVC. I'll have to try that one a few more times and see if it's just not up-to-snuff. Didn't have any problems getting 4-minute hovers out of the other 4 packs. Going to the LHS to fly indoors after work today and see if I can get some serious training done. One thing that isn't made clear in any of the directions for setting up - I think you must rebind after installing a BL ESC. I had a couple of mishaps early in the evening with apparent loss of signal. After a rebind everything went smoothly.
Did you keep the stock battery connector position? I'm considering soldering a thicker gauge battery connector directly to the ESC. This is recommended on the WILD setup but I've read some posts where it benefits the MILD setup so I'm not sure...

I bought five Eflite 35C lipos last week at my LHS. I've heard they are a pretty good option for this BL setup and they are cheap which is nice.

Pete
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

some flippin and inverted with the new kbdd main blades

[ame]http://youtu.be/C9QuAAQU26Y[/ame]
and
[ame]http://youtu.be/B7YzOWUxNr4[/ame]

note how stable the kbdd seem while inverted. That was the first flight with them, so further tested is needed to see if they are better than the bullets.

and using the bullets:
[ame]http://youtu.be/WhDph-LDuzw[/ame]

sorry if they are a bit shaky, i get a bit nervous when i know the cameras rollin...LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Canfield View Post
I bought the Bls MCPX and it has crazy power, after flying the Nano it feels so slow on the cyclic and rudder.

I think if you merged the power of the Bls MCPX and the cyclic and rudder rates of the 130x you would have a perfect micro heli.

Finally having good results with my mild bls Nano, I am using a microwaveable heat pack to keep the batteries warm when flying outside.
where do you find the microwaveable heat packs?
Thats what i need. No flying outside for me. the lipos get so cold so fast i can barely get a minute
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

skeppley- was that a MILD setup you were flying in the vids? Sounds like pretty high head speed...
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Update:

So call me a chump... I took both my nano's (stock and mild BL) outdoors today, including my 300x

I thought this would be a great way to really compare them. It was a bit windy outside, but low enough to get a good idea.

First I tried the stock nano. It flew well, but was affected by the wind quite a bit.

I then tried the mild nano and def handled the wind better. I still wasn't convinced to keep it, however, I told myself that I would really try to dial her in and get her flying as best as possible. To my surprise, after about 5 batteries and many trips to my DX6i menus, I started really liking it. It was very peppy and responded really well to my commands. I think I just had all my settings way too 'safe' and was not impressed. I then tried the stock nano again and was not impressed at all...

So I've just taken it back off the market and its staying
Now I really want to put some nice orange or yellow blades on her (not the Lynx, was not impressed)!

I think I will use my stock nano as a parts bird...and use the main motor as a tail motor for my Hp06 Mcpx V1 build in progress!!

So my friends, I have come full circle... mild BL IS better than stock
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in