Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK 500CMT TT Review videos

For anyone interested in this heli.I'll be posting more videos and some good flight videos too..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7U-hKSMCiU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2M0LKEBs4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00h4CfM5b4E[/ame]
flyinghigh450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great start. Mine arrived about a week ago, the belt version. I need to get a gear set as well, some spare belts and I was told by HK it was suggested to use the 3S 3000mAh batts, but others are saying to use 5S, with the Typhoon 1800Kv motor. Not really sure yet.
Quite a few people have said the boom on the belt version is too long, I'll have to see. Cant wait.. looking forward to more vids, and thanks!!
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish they made a flybarless version of the 500 cmt for $100. I would use it as a backup. It costs $70 for an RJx head conversion alone. I bought a 450 cmt a few months ago.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday

Last edited by Diviner; 03-12-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
Great start. Mine arrived about a week ago, the belt version. I need to get a gear set as well, some spare belts and I was told by HK it was suggested to use the 3S 3000mAh batts, but others are saying to use 5S, with the Typhoon 1800Kv motor. Not really sure yet.
Quite a few people have said the boom on the belt version is too long, I'll have to see. Cant wait.. looking forward to more vids, and thanks!!
You can run 5S or 6S on any 500 size heli but the perfect size lipos I like on them are the Turnigy 6S 40-50C 2650mAh packs.They get good flight times and make AWESOME power for hard 3D.If your not into heavy 3D,the 5S 3000mAh packs will work fine for any kind of mild 3D flying.Just so you know,don't use the stock 13T pinion with the Typhoon motor because the headspeed will go through the roof.Get a 11T pinion..
Old 03-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahmer View Post
I wish they made a flybarless version of the 500 cmt for $100. I would use it as a backup. It costs $70 for an RJR head conversion alone. I bought a 450 cmt a few months ago.
Knowing HK,they might come out with one soon...Right now I have the HK 600 and HK500.Once I finish the HK 500,i'll get the HK 450 then the HK 250..
Im just waiting on my RX to show up so I can maiden the HK 500 and get videos posted..
Old 03-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the info, damn on the pinion, I have the 13T that came with it, and I had gone ahead and ordered a set that came with the 12T and another 13T. I need to order in some main and auto gears, and a few belts, and some spare blades today anyway, I'll look for a set of pinions. Thanks for the heads up, Isnt the pinion you use determined by the battery you want to use on a particular motor? I have the formula somewhere. Thanks for the review, cant wait to see the rest.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any more vids? I just ordered one of these and want to see more!
And also anything I may need to replace with align parts/ things to look out for.
BL_Trackstar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I worked on the math, to get me a head speed of around 2400 RPM, it'd need a 11.6T ( 12T or 11T) I'm having an issue finding an 11T....any suggestions? I already have a 12T, 13T and 14T.

EDIT:::: Found some.. 11T for 5mm shaft for the Turnigy Typhoon 1800kv motor.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I got some video but nothing to talk about but I won't hide anything as in issues with the heli..The whole kit went together really good but the gears had a little wobble so I used them anyways.I used a hair dryer to heat the main and auto/gear and got the wobble out but heres where I ran into issues.Got the maiden on video but had MAJOR tail wag that wouldn't go away no matter how far I turned the gain down and heres the videos..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIk0qvTv2S4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPcUoGro9qE[/ame]

I thought the gears were causing the wag but it wasn't the gears,it was a very bad TT bearing.When I took the gears off to change them,I spun the tail blades to see how free the tail spun.When I spun it I heard a bad grinding sound so pulled the TT bearings out (has 2) of the boom.One bearing was smooth as butter but the other was sooo notchy it wanted to lock up.I always run 1 bearing in the boom for the TT so I stuck the one good bearing in the center of the boom and put the heli back together with the HK gears,took my new Align gears back off.When I pulled the head/main shaft,I took the back screw out of the link ball that go's through the anti-rotation bracket so I don't have to pop the ball and Anti-rotation bracket off.Notice the missing screw im talking about,the 2nd pic says the rest

When I put the heli back together,I 100% forgot to loctite the screw that go's through the ball to swash plate because I was in a hurry .Took the heli out for a quick hover just to see if the wag went away and the tail was AWESOME until I started to land and the screw fell out .This is why I always say in the videos to loctite everything going into metal and I didn't take my own advice.Lucky for me I was only 4ft off the ground because it only took out a blade and feathering shaft.Can't blame the heli because it was my own fault ..I'll order blades/feathering shaft soon and get some good videos which might take a week....
Old 03-12-2011, 12:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I worked on the math, to get me a head speed of around 2400 RPM, it'd need a 11.6T ( 12T or 11T) I'm having an issue finding an 11T....any suggestions? I already have a 12T, 13T and 14T.

EDIT:::: Found some.. 11T for 5mm shaft for the Turnigy Typhoon 1800kv motor.
Hay,
Where did you find the 11T at?I couldn't find the 11T either so used a 12T.I set a flat 60% for idle 1 and flat 70% for idle 2 which was slow.I'll try 80% and 85% next time which should be about right unless I get the 11T..
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeas, please. Where did you find the 11 tooth pinion. I am going to be running the typhoon 1800kv on 6s, and from what I gather the 12 tooth I ordered will be too much. I am just now starting to fly forward. I have my hover orientations down. So I don't need insane head speedb for 3d. I really need the 11t pinion. And thanks for the update, keep us posted please.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought this one from HeliDirect.... http://www.helidirect.com/rhino-gear...550-p-8062.hdx
Fits a 5mm shaft. Hardened. I hope this one fits....
Old 03-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I bought this one from HeliDirect.... http://www.helidirect.com/rhino-gear...550-p-8062.hdx
Fits a 5mm shaft. Hardened. I hope this one fits....
No,that will not work.It has to be a 0.06M,not 0.07M .Thats the spacing between the teeth on the pinion.The Trex 600 teeth spacing is 0.07M and the Trex 500 is .0.6M .
This is what your looking for ---> 0.6M 11T 5MM ..
I have the 600E 11T pinion and it doesn't fit the main gear..
Old 03-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL_Trackstar View Post
Yeas, please. Where did you find the 11 tooth pinion. I am going to be running the typhoon 1800kv on 6s, and from what I gather the 12 tooth I ordered will be too much. I am just now starting to fly forward. I have my hover orientations down. So I don't need insane head speedb for 3d. I really need the 11t pinion. And thanks for the update, keep us posted please.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
You can run the 12T pinion with no issues at all until you find the 11T.Set your throttle curves like this and your good to go.

Normal-> 0-18-35-50-80
Idle-1--> 65-65-65-65-65
Idle-2--> 75-75-75-75-75

Fly it like that,them curves are good for basic sport flying.I could of went up 15% on both idleup's with no worries.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks OnTheDeck... I totally didnt even pay attention.. I was so happy just to find the 11T.... I'll keep looking....if anyone else shows up with one, please let us know.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anybody tried these?http://www.readyheli.com/RevCo-quotH...1_p_33777.html

EDIT::::: I went to the site....http://www.rev.co/ and looked around, they have specific pinions for the Trex 500, in 16T and 17T only I believe, then they make the one I posted above, which is a different cut. I emailed them about the possibility of an 11T in the Trex cut. Guess I'll keep looking, but as you stated, I guess the throttle curve will work.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDeck View Post
You can run the 12T pinion with no issues at all until you find the 11T.Set your throttle curves like this and your good to go.

Normal-> 0-18-35-50-80
Idle-1--> 65-65-65-65-65
Idle-2--> 75-75-75-75-75

Fly it like that,them curves are good for basic sport flying.I could of went up 15% on both idleup's with no worries.
Alright thanks, I am still waiting for my order to ship. I was fairly worried about this.

I placed the order thursday and still no change. I hope they did not screw up, because when I ordered they had 10+ stock, I wanted to see if they had any 11t pinion suggestions in then review/discussion section and the heli is sold out, but the non tt version says 10+. But I am sure I am just being paranoid.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like I'll be using similar curves, although I wont be using 6S, I'll be using 5S. My figures with that motor, and that battery setup was calling for an 11T, for about 2400 rpm. I think a 13T would give me 2800 RPM's, and a 12T would give me 2500rpm's.. theoretically. I think.....
Old 03-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Looks like I'll be using similar curves, although I wont be using 6S, I'll be using 5S. My figures with that motor, and that battery setup was calling for an 11T, for about 2400 rpm. I think a 13T would give me 2800 RPM's, and a 12T would give me 2500rpm's.. theoretically. I think.....
Honestly,you'll be good with a 12T pinion and running 5S.The headspeed will be too low with a 11T on 5S..Theres a 500 RPM difference between 5S and 6S with the same pinion..On 6S theres a 300 RPM between a 11T and 12T pinion,you want a 12T pinion with 5S..
Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reply On Deck... I just wasnt sure what kind of head speed would be pushing the limits of the stock head. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in