Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VR360 spy shots

I got some some shots of the upcoming VR360 by PhotoShip One. A "strap on" adapter kit for those who don't want to hard mount the heli to the pano mount. Notice the clean o-ring style attachment. No funky,hardware store, hand tied bungee straps on this rig.

Also a Mini Joker, Trex 600 and Logo 500/600 adapter kit for hard mounting them to the pano mount. E-Raptor 550/620, and heavy duty gasser versions in the works.

I'll be bringing this stuff with me to the conference in October so if you are coming you'll get to put your hands on this stuff and inspect it. If any of you are bringing a helicopter to the conference you'll be able to fly the mounts for yourselves as well.

I know you all want to know price... I just don't know for sure. I'm only the designer. I have nothing to do with pricing but I have put in a strongly worded request that they be sold for less than the current pano mounts. Expect to see something like $499 if they take my advice.

Weight varies on helicopter version but is between 1.8lb and 2.1lb (minus RX and battery). Light and strong.

Last edited by AZ ChopperCam; 10-03-2008 at 07:33 PM..
AZ ChopperCam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like it DJ. Very light and clean, also the pivot point looks very sturdy with the dual bearing blocks.
great job!
bullaculla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Very nice DJ, its great to see a dedicated 360 pano mount.
d-bledsoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice.
Great to see a mount that is built light for those of us that know how to land!!!

Check out my gallery for my low-volt alarms exported world-wide - http://efliernz.googlepages.com/home
Efliernz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well designed, can't wait for the release.
rerazor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks great.
Will there be a Possibility to just put a camera to it normal, not "Pano-style" or a camcorder? Cause then it would be great, super for Panos and u could do all the rest of the stuff with it...

Daniel
doeni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

nooob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeni View Post
Looks great.
Will there be a Possibility to just put a camera to it normal, not "Pano-style" or a camcorder? Cause then it would be great, super for Panos and u could do all the rest of the stuff with it...

Daniel
Yes, from talking to DJ that will be an add on option. They are taking a modular approach.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautifully asthetic.
trackhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up !
Ruud Westerhout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ ChopperCam View Post
Notice the clean o-ring style attachment. No funky,hardware store, hand tied bungee straps on this rig.
I've personally found the bungee straps to be the best vibrations isolator (even if tedious to setup), so I am wondering how good those o-ring design works out?
dviry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good question. Time will tell.

I've always thought of bungees can be a "band-aid" to an improperly setup machine. I've flown video with the camera mount hard mounted to helicopter with that was clean and vibe free. Of course this was with an electric. gassers most likely would benefit from bungees due to the high frequency vibes from the engine.

Of course this conversation is moot for a pano rig as shooting at 1/1000 shutter speed lends itself to doing well even with an improperly set up machine.

I would like mention that I'm being told PhotoShip One will listen to it's customers concerns and criticisms with an open mind and will be willing to make adjustments to founded concerns.

"My way or the highway" is not going to be the motto.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

can I suggest, from a marketing perspective, you don't refer to it as a 'strap on'

My birthday is coming up and my wife always asks what I want.
SeaHawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are picture #1-3 a mockup? The "strap-on" seems really flimsy, like they could easily bend. Are picture #4-6 the final metal version of the "strap-on" mock-up? If so, where are the notches into which the o-rings fit.

Did I see a latching mechanism to lock the pan during spool up? If so, how does that work?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure that is mock up.

One way bearing?
Old 10-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Will there be a Possibility to just put a camera to it normal, not "Pano-style" or a camcorder?
Yes indeed. The mount is modular in design. Think "IKEA". There will be a kit that will convert the mount from pano to full non stabilized pan tilt. Later another kit will be released with gyro stabilized pan/tilt. There are many extra attachment holes/points on the mount that are currently not utilized but are there for expansion/upgrade kits so that later a customer will not have to upgrade the entire mount to get the latest add-on or upgrade.

Quote:
refer to it as a 'strap on'
LOL you got me laughing over here. That's just what I called it. No telling what the real name will be.

Quote:
Are picture #1-3 a mockup? The "strap-on" seems really flimsy, like they could easily bend.
Yes they are mock ups but extremely rigid. I spanned the assembly across two pieces of 1" aluminum and stood and bounced on it. I weigh 205lb. I didn't dial indicate the flex but I'd guess it flexed less than .060"

Quote:
Are picture #4-6 the final metal version of the "strap-on" mock-up?
That is the Mini-Joker conversion. The Mini-Joker is unlike most helicopters in that it has a carbon plate oriented horizontally along the bottom. That assembly you saw in the pics bolts to the bottom of the Mini Joker plate.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did some load testing tonight. I will eventually test this mount to destruction and record the data. This is a static vertical load of 115lb. Even at this weight it's not beginning to yield at all.

Other load tests will induce lateral forces applied at the top while under 115lb load. Eventually this mount will fail and I intend to find out just how much it can take.

Would also like to do drop tests with various loads bolted to the top.

I recall someone mentioning that a gasser would crush this mount. if this is the 1.6mm G10 version and is holding 115lb then imagine what the 3.2mm Carbon "HD" gasser version is going to support? I'm guessing 300lb.

Also consider as you look at the pics... the mount as it is in the pics is exactly 13.3 ounces.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

so the G10 will be the light mount, and the cf will be the HD-heavy usage mount, right? Will there be a light one made of Cf, i just so like the look of it.

Although, how much is the price difference between the cf and the G10 on.

Must say i really like the concept of beeing able to put on a normal cameraholder (hopefully with full tilt function) and then use it for cams and camcorder, and then switch back to the L-Bracket...

Daniel
doeni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the Romans were right about the arch.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #20 (permalink)

Awesome!

You should also test it with the "middle" part... the part that actually mounts to the heli's frame or landing skids.
nooob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in