Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters

500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

not today but yesterday, second flight was practicing tictocs , my battery unplugged and lost power to motor, good thing I have external BEC, wasn't enough HS but hit the ground lvl, and broke skids thats it, put new skids on I now need to spool it in backyard to make sure it's all fine.
mbelazrag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 500 Pro Dfc

I had 5 successful flights this week end. Finely after several weird problems and crashes I'm getting confidence this machine will stay in the air. I've got a total of 15 packs on it now and becoming comfortable with how nice the Align handles.
HeloMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm getting close to finishing my build. Yesterday I programmed the ESC, connected the IKON and set up the servos, installed the servos in the frame, took the tail case apart and did lube+loctite, assembled the entire tail.

What remains:

Install tail assembly into the frame
Install the main gear
Install the head assembly
Install the motor+pinion
Install the ESC + battery mount
Secure the wiring
Complete iKON config
Spin the heli up w/o blades to check for vibration

I might be able to finish it tonight.
Otto Rotation is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile this thread needs some action

Got in 6 lazy flights late this afternoon. I am now at 71 flights with my Trex500, loving this heli.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tried to sort out a tailwag on my new 500 dfc today.
It wags no matter of gain setting, the tail linkage is silky smooth.. I lowered the rudder locking gain on the 3gx and will have a new try tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gov enabled? Gov gain can cause wag. Best to lock the tail in with gov off then enable gov and tune its gain. Also the 500pro dfc needs high headspeed for the tail to hold proper.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoffer View Post
It wags no matter of gain setting, the tail linkage is silky smooth.. I lowered the rudder locking gain on the 3gx and will have a new try tomorrow.
As Digger said, are you using an ESC governor which can also contribute to wag or chatter?

If not, and all else moves smoothly, then consider that a bad mechanical setup can cause the issues you describe. Poor servo resolution will result in wag no matter how far you lower the gain because you can have too much mechanical gain if you have too fast rudder servo throw. Try moving the tail servo ball in on the rudder servo horn for better resolution, and try again.

Last edited by Xrayted; 06-18-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 12:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoffer View Post
I had the same issue when I set mine up the first time, and couldn't get it right. Then a guy at the field said I should hook up the 3GX up to my laptop with the dongle and lower the tain gain setting in the soft ware. He was right, in the soft ware it was way too high. So I dragged the slider down with the mouse and that solved my hassles.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
Old 06-18-2014, 12:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

No gov, just flat curve 100% so the headspeed is okay.
I will try it in a couple of hours, v5.0 and the gain slider in software turned down..Hope it i'll work now.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking the postman is in my good books again

Today I received my goodies that I ordered from Helidirect. All well packaged and boxed.
Fusuno Infinity Canopy, Heli-option swash plus main grip turnbuckle links, and the Fusuno aluminum canopy mount thingy that replaces the crap stock canopy grommet. These mounts are for the 2 bottom holes, I already have heli-option quick release coupling on top two holes, that I bought at LHS.
I am now waiting for a parcel from heli-option with their once piece thrusted main bearing block.
I already have a CF boom on hand.
As soon as everything is here I will strip the heli down and fit the bearing block, 5 turn buckles and the CF tail boom.
The Fusuno canopy is well made and well painted, but the color scheme is a little disapointing, it doesn't compare well alongside the stock canopy as far as looks goes. I may just sell it while it is still new. Come on weekend....we got some flyin' to do.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I rebuilt my 500. I'd only had it flying a week when I dumb thumbed it into the ground. I ordered up a ton of parts from A-Main (only place that had them all in stock) and they arrived today.

I got it all put back together, looked like brand new. I took it out in the front yard and lit it up for a test hop. It hovered fine. I did some pirouettes, a couple punch-outs. Seemed good. I did a couple of side flips and on the 4th or 5th one the tail blew out. So I went back into a hover. It seemed stable, so I did a hard punch-out and the tail blew out again. I knew it was time to stop messing around so I started bringing it back to the driveway to land when the tail went out completely. I hit TH and auto'd into the grass. No problems.

I have a 450L that I changed out the tail servo on. So I took the 525M from the 450L and installed it into the 500Pro. Got it all setup and wired and neat. Powered everything back up, set the endpoints, got ready for another test flight. As I was doing pre-flight I found the elevator servo is going out. Not stripped, but it gets stuck and doesn't want to move.

So much for that. It LOOKS nice and pretty right now, but I'm still grounded until next week when a new servo shows up. I hate not having a LHS. I'd happily pay a couple extra bucks to be able to fly the 500 this weekend. I only have 20 or 30 flights on it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trex500-01.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	517020  
BigJay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 6 flights

I managed 6 flights this afternoon, and then waited a while as the sun set to get this pic.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice!
Old 06-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

iKon, EFL flybarless head parts and a BK HV mini tail servo ordered to convert my pro to FBL today! that servo is very impressive and should be a great replacement to the ds520!

Can't wait, I'll have to share some photos since it seems only goblin guys are running those servos. I considered doing a full size tail but didn't want to cut my frame or loose my factory cf pushrod boom mounting one or dealing with the weight.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Very nice!
Thanks Xrayted.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I maidened mine yesterday and have the whole day today to break in the lipos. Can't wait.

Over the last few weeks I'd had maybe 10 flights on a club members 500 and knew I just had to have one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 - Copy.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	517900   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4 - Copy.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	517901   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	517902  
MIKADO VBAR NEO & JR XG14 & RG031BX
a2544321 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installed the EFL head, iKon and BK DS-7005HV servo today!!

Flew it with out of the box settings for a 500 on the iKon and it wasn't bad. Had to up the tail speed from 350 to 700 degrees per second to suit my style and I'm still playing with cyclic speed. Flying the original flybar align blades currently and I really don't have anything bad to say about them on a flybarless setup. This tail servo is rock solid and holds like crazy! I had to get the mini servo top case to make it fit. I'll have to take a video now of the new setup.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014, 02:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My helioption 1piece bearing block and tbe heli option turnbuckles arrived this week. Fitted everything last night and rechecked swash level and blade pitch.
The one piece bearing block, with the large thrust bearings, is an absolute please. So smooth. I cannot wait to fly it.
The heli option turn buckles make swash leveling and pitch adjustments a breeze.
My only concern is that the new plastic ball links are quite tight on the ball links.
The servos travel OK. Will these ball links settle in or should I worry?
Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I googled up a boatload of posts on HF about tight ball links. Went to LHS and got a sizing tool. All good now.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 6 great flights

I am happy to say that the helioption 1piece bearing block is a winner. After landing and hitting throttle hold the heads spins noticably longer than previously. That just tells me that there is now less slop and better bearing in there. 6 flights this afternoon, heli is super stable and responsive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in