Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Mars/Poseidon

Mars/Poseidon Mars and Poseidon Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Nice work Rupi!
I can't wait to join you. Cost wise I cant see why you wouldn't do an hv setup on these birds, you don't need that high of a C rating, so a comparable 4s-6s pack should cost around the same as a high c 3s pack
As my Mars is with a 3S 2200mah lipo, Ice 50 and 300Kv motor on 12T pinion, I can get at least an 8 min flight if it's just hovering around.
DX7
praetorious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorious View Post
Nice work Rupi!
I can't wait to join you. Cost wise I cant see why you wouldn't do an hv setup on these birds, you don't need that high of a C rating, so a comparable 4s-6s pack should cost around the same as a high c 3s pack
As my Mars is with a 3S 2200mah lipo, Ice 50 and 300Kv motor on 12T pinion, I can get at least an 8 min flight if it's just hovering around.
I did some very carefull testing again today and even a short vid. of the spinn up on my Iphone but i have problem uploading.
Found out that i have to change everything innside the alu. holders so i will keep on with the plastic ones for some more test and adjusting....and i need and get help on that part
Another thing with the 6s lipos, they are1300mah. and ready balanced in much shorter time than 3s lipo on 2200mah...........
Rupi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, I finally received my castle link in the mail today. This thing is half the length of my little finger. They really could have included it in the ESC packaging. Oh well, I'm going to set this thing up now.
DX7
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Castle link

Quote:
Yes, I finally received my castle link in the mail today. This thing is half the length of my little finger. They really could have included it in the ESC packaging. Oh well, I'm going to set this thing up now.
Can you post some pics of the device?
arquitron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As soon as I get my hands on a camera (should be next week or so). Castle Creations' website should have a picture of it though.
DX7
Old 04-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwhite22 View Post
Okay, I'm going to bit the bullet and get some 4s packs. Currently on 3s I'm running a 13T pinion, a 3600 kV motor and turning around 2600 in idle 2. The governor in my Ice Lite 50 is slamming into 100% thottle during high power moves. Granted some of my packs are now 3 years old and have 150+ cycles on them!
Hey Ben, maybe you need to change your gearing up a bit? I think the Governor works best between 75-85% throttle. I'm now fooling around with my first governor and the maximum head speed I can comfortably govern with 3000kv 12T on 3S is 2250 or so rpm which would put that at the lower end of 76-ish. I might bump up a tooth or two.

I'll be buying some 4S packs for the Mars, should be here by the end of next month. It's currently cheaper for me to fool around on the Mars than with my Poseidon. The latter needs a full set of servos, gyro, ESC, receiver, motor and batteries.
DX7
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hey Ben, maybe you need to change your gearing up a bit? I think the Governor works best between 75-85% throttle.
My headspeeds are within the range that the Castle Link software approves of. The problem is that during high power demands from the ESC, the voltage on my batteries is dropping so much that the ESC goes wide open to try to compensate. The oldest of my 3s packs for 450's is now 3 years old and is approaching 200 cyles; the other packs aren't much newer.

I bought some shiny new 3s 2200 packs from Spyder Batteries and they perform much better. I will comfirm this when I get a chance to review the logger data.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cool, I understand. My 3S packs were at 250 cycles and I had to through them out. I have 2 packs left, a new KP 3s 2200 and an old turnigy 2200 at approx 275 that is giving up the ghost.
DX7
Old 04-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 4S Mars, ICE 50

Here is my soon to be(After repairs) 4S Mars with the ICE 50 esc.
It fits perfectly under the beak, and the motor phase wires can be coiled neatly in that space too.

Also there's a picture of the castle link and its packaging next to the ICE 50's packaging. I still can't understand why they couldn't package such a small thing with the ESC.
Still, it is a fantastic ESC and editing the settings with the pc software is a breeze. I have to see if the link and software will work on my main linux machine though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02281.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	224915   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02279.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	224916   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02280.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	224917   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02294.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	224919   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02295.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	224920  

DX7
Old 08-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well guys, I bought a KP 4S pack from Mars 480. I'll have it when I travel back to the states on Sunday. However, I don't think I'l be able to try it out till maybe close to the end of the month as i'll be busy moving to the Netherlands.
DX7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in