Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What did everyone expect for a price on this beast? Its the first real 800 class 3D smackdown heli of its kind. At least Mikado put together good quality components that have a good reputation. Not like a 700E kit with a crappy esc and motor that you will get rid of down the road anyway. The motor, vbar and esc are close to 1k so thats 1500 for the heli kit which seems fair to me especially since it comes with blades too.

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofmaya View Post
My current project is a 700-class machine with 16s, no question that I'll not buy a 2kg heavier machine for 14s.
-Klaus
Are you talking about the Sab Goblin Klaus?

Minicopter Diabolo 700 / Mikado Logo 550sx
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
Peaks that you do not see is much higher, a Jive cuts out with 8 blinks at around 270A...
and I can push that on a 700mm heli, know exactly what I need to do
I know you know (and can)
Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBTHEBUILDER32 View Post
Are you talking about the Sab Goblin Klaus?
Yes
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting quote from Midland Helicopters:
"Designed to run either 12S or 14S, and swinging 700mm to 800mm main rotor blades, this is a serious piece of kit."

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/ne...xxtreme-combo/
Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
But the VAST majority of pilot who end-up buying the XXtreme, will be more advanced in their flying skills
That's a pretty big gamble to take IMO. Maybe some day when my flying skills become more advanced, and I'll appreciate Mikado choosing everything for me...

Bleck...Who am I to challenge the great minds at ReadyHeli and Mikado

Good luck with your sales

EDIT: I think your misunderstanding me. I'm not saying "Mikado is so stupid for only (blah blah blah)", I'm saying "For me, I wish I could choose my own stuff"

Other heli manufactures provide a "recommended configuration" but for some reason Mikado decided not to do this, but instead include the recommended configuration with the sale of the heli. All I wish to say is how I wish this wasn't the case.
WannaBe3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
"Designed to run either 12S or 14S, and swinging 700mm to 800mm main rotor blades, this is a serious piece of kit."

Yes, it will fly on 12s 700mm, but as Dave has stated in so many threads its not going to be fun and its not the prefered setup.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just adding it together quickly,

Motor - 400
ESC -470
V-bar - 300
Pro upgrade - 60
main blades - 190
tails - 30

Total 1450

Remaining kit cost = 1150

Consider almost all of the new 700 scale electric helicopter kits are in the 900 dollar price range.
ping is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexf1852 View Post

Actually I think thats quoted from Mikados website that has changed to only 14S today.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think they should slap in a couple of sats and a DX6i and sell it RTF.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, it will fly on 12s 700mm, but as Dave has stated in so many threads its not going to be fun and its not the prefered setup.
Not the preferred setup for 3D...understood...

Dave posted this on Saturday (12/3/11) https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...62&postcount=3
Quote:
Now the XXtreme can be flown on 12S with the current gearing, but due to the lower voltages, the head speed is thus much lower (1400-1600), and is good only then for "sport flying", and mild 3D. And this is only with the larger 813 disc, which helps keep the disc loading low, and the heli is thus a good "sport flier" at the lower head speeds.
MrMel, I have nothing but respect for you and all you do for the community, but this is a little frusterating for me as I seem to be missing something.

Midland says it can run on 12S (and so does Dave...two days ago)
Now Dave says it must run on 14S (for performance reasons, understood)
Kyle flies on 750mm blades (and 14S)
And all these "best performance" electronics are included, but 813mm blades are included in the kit (which Dave has admitted are not "best performance" for 3D Flying)

Am I the only one who see's this as counterintuitive?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, but running at 12s you might need an YGE320 (yes, they have actually tested an consider it)

I understand you, but this is firm, this is NEW GROUND, do not think for a second if Mikado could have, they would have released it as a kit and let you purchase the electronics, it would have been MUCH easier for them to do that.

Bluntly put, why do you think it was not released several months ago? Mikado has been testing and testing this over and over, and blown stuff up so you do not have to.

If you want a 800 mm heli and your 12s setup, there is other routes to go, lighter versions which your electronics will hold up in.

As time progress, this might as well change, who knows, perhaps mid next year there will be totally different solutions in the works, different brands are coming out with big ESCs etc, but we are not there, and Mikado wont wait longer.

/Fredrik
Old 12-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mikado have done their homework on the xxtreme and have spent time developing it to ensure its right, even being harshly criticised for that decision, due to a lot of impatiance on the heli communities part.

Now that its about to arrive, I see is more complaints.

I'm all for free choice, but why anyone would even consider building it with potentially marginal equipment is beyond me, especially when those choices could have major safety implications not only for the pilot but those around them.

It has nothing to do with the way you fly, as one day you will get in trouble, as we all do, and thats when you will need the components to perform, not shutdown due to over amp or other failure.

This thing cannot be built on a budget. So you either take it or leave it.

I've taken it, Pre-Order done, BLS157HV and BLS256HV servos ready and waiting along with 4 TP 5000mah 7S 65C packs.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you want a 800 mm heli and your 12s setup, there is other routes to go, lighter versions which your electronics will hold up in.
I've always followed the expectation (provided by Mikado) that I would be able to fly this thing on 12S (again, as Dave reaffirmed only two days ago) and now this isn't the case.

Anyways, all that had to be said was "the heli is to heavy to fly on 12S." There was no need to dispute the performance factor after that.

Quote:
Bluntly put, why do you think it was not released several months ago? Mikado has been testing and testing this over and over, and blown stuff up so you do not have to.
Ferrari designs car to go 175mph, doesn't mean want to drive them that fast.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBe3D View Post
I've always followed the expectation (provided by Mikado) that I would be able to fly this thing on 12S (again, as Dave reaffirmed only two days ago) and now this isn't the case.

Anyways, all that had to be said was "the heli is to heavy to fly on 12S." There was no need to dispute the performance factor after that.

Ferrari designs car to go 175mph, doesn't mean want to drive them that fast.
You can fly it on 12s, sure, it will hover, it will fly forward it wont do 3D good, with smaller blades on the electronics that comes with it.

End of line for this discussion from me.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Mr. Mel...

With this esc being an XXtreme edition YGE, do you think or know if a special programming card will be needed or if you will even be able to change parameters in the esc at all?
whytlotus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytlotus View Post
@ Mr. Mel...

With this esc being an XXtreme edition YGE, do you think or know if a special programming card will be needed or if you will even be able to change parameters in the esc at all?
I will have to check with Mikado exact what they plan but I suspect PnP on that department.
(also Governor setup in VBar is simple as endpoints in ESC matches that of 100/100 in Vbar)
Old 12-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
I will have to check with Mikado exact what they plan but I suspect PnP on that department.
(also Governor setup in VBar is simple as endpoints in ESC matches that of 100/100 in Vbar)
Thanks...that makes sense given the overall theme of synergistic components in the kit.
whytlotus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You can fly it on 12s, sure, it will hover, it will fly forward it wont do 3D good, with smaller blades on the electronics that comes with it.

End of line for this discussion from me.
That's excellent support right there. Not even an explanation or understanding on your part. What a shame.

Look, I'm not looking to pick an argument, but atleast explain this:

Quote:
Midland says it can run on 12S (and so does Dave...two days ago)
Now Dave says it must run on 14S (for performance reasons, understood)
Kyle flies on 750mm blades (and 14S)
And all these "best performance" electronics are included, but 813mm blades are included in the kit (which Dave has admitted are not "best performance" for 3D Flying)
I'm not dense, so don't make me out to look stupid because I fully expected this heli to fly on 12S. Mikado and Dave have both advertised that it could, and now you (and possibly Dave) are stating that it won't. Yeah I'm a little upset at that, but don't make me sound like the ignorant one for expecting it to do so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in