Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dont have Logo XXtreme -have 500 3d and soon 600 se- and from my point of viev Mikado should review prices of "old" 500/600 parts since Logos getting much more attention last time.
That could be a nice gesture since much bigger Logo XXterme parts are reletevley cheap according to machine size.

Hoewer im not affraid of crashing with my logos and im happy with quality of parts-when i was assembling my 500 3D kit i was amaizd how good is everything made

BR Martin
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
@ OverTemp,

"...and start having to replace all the cross-bracing at $45 a pop..."

In our experience with the machine, if the crash is such that a frame is broken, the good news is the cross-bracing is almost always spared.

The side frames when they break, usually break (well crack..seldom "break") in the area of the motor mount, or the main shaft bearing blocks. I hate to admit (one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" moments), but once a "crack" was slight enough, that we just wicked some thin CA into the crack, and moved-on

A side frame is no more expensive than any other large electric carbon side frame from other brands (or actually less in some cases), so if you break a side frame, well, it is what it is

(-: Dave
Thanks Dave!

Im very very impressed. I just wish I had the balls to jump in. The field where I'm at in Korea is very very rough and I don't want to go dinging tails, etc. maybe one day after I move back to the states and can fly at my old golf course grass field again!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default oo

My Buddy was supposed to get the LOGO XXXTREME and i was the one who was gunna build it for him but soon as he seen the pricing on parts over at Readyheli he decided not to buy one now...Im a little disappointed cause i really wanted to build one.....but i don't blame him i feel the same..its crazy 170 bucks for a canopy but now he's either gunna get a X7 or Goblin so that be cool to build one of those for him if u still wants me to when the time comes..
Fusion 50 9080/9088 Beast X
Velocity 50n 9080/9088 VbarSAB Goblin 9180/9188 Kontronik helijive Coming soon
AnTi Taco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTi Taco View Post
My Buddy was supposed to get the LOGO XXXTREME and i was the one who was gunna build it for him but soon as he seen the pricing on parts over at Readyheli he decided not to buy one now...Im a little disappointed cause i really wanted to build one.....but i don't blame him i feel the same..its crazy 170 bucks for a canopy but now he's either gunna get a X7 or Goblin so that be cool to build one of those for him if u still wants me to when the time comes..

170 is xxtremely cheap for what it is and considering it is cheaper than some logo 600 canopies! (pun intended) lol
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
170 is xxtremely cheap for what it is and considering it is cheaper than some logo 600 canopies! (pun intended) lol
+1 here. $170 is nothing for that big lid.

Also, IMO parts pricing is extremely reasonable for the XXtreme and for the other Logos. You buy parts most likely because you crashed, not because parts wore out (and slop set in) after 40 flights... so you buy fewer parts overall anyway.

Besides, it's no secret that Mikado is a lot smaller than other mass market heli companies like Align ---> Most Mikado parts are made in Germany, so they don't have the benefit of having armies of, ummm, youthful laborers working 16-hour shifts to pump out parts.

Anyway, I'm happy with the parts pricing.

I'm even happier that my XXtreme arrives tomorrow!
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

There will be a lot of this. People can afford to buy it but not fly it.
I don't think many will be put off by the parts prices at all if they can afford to buy it.

A simple crash can cost £350 upwards. Which will be tough for many to swallow. I reckon a hard crash could easily be £500-600
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you break it down the xxtreme is really not THAT expensive compared to other high end helis...and it is an 800 size machine to boot. Parts pricing is also very reasonable imo. The one thing that is expensive and again, imo, will make or break some peoples decision to make the leap is transportation, battery cost, and the cost to upgrade their charging setup if need be. I currently own a logo 6003d and 600se... I have always ran turnigy packs on my helis and never had a problem. When it came time to order batteries for the X i was planning on the same...turnigy. BUT when the time actually came to order batteries last week I bit the bullet and got some TP packs. I have read horror stories about turnigy and even about Voltz. The TP are 300$ more than the turnigy and about 200$ more than the voltz, and to me the warranty, crash replacement, not having to worry about them going bad and being stuck with a brick, and reputation of the TP packs is worth that...to me. Personally I dont think having one set of batteries is realistic for any heli and if you were to get 2 or 3 sets of TP packs that is 1240-1860$...parts are cheap in relation to the battery cost for the X. (This is of course all just my oppinion.)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ ElectricSheep,

"I'm even happier that my XXtreme arrives tomorrow"

Gerry! You got one

You need to bring that puppy to the event in April.

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My Buddy was supposed to get the LOGO XXXTREME and i was the one who was gunna build it for him but soon as he seen the pricing on parts over at Readyheli he decided not to buy one now...
As quoted above if seeing the price of the parts has changed his mind then he hasn't been fully committed from the off.

I along with most are very happy with the parts prices and to be honest am shocked at some of them just how cheap they are.

Maybe the Xxtreme just wasn't for him from the start eh.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Compass reps
epc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
Compass reps

what's compass got to do with a Gaui X7 or a SAB Goblin?

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post
@ ElectricSheep,

"I'm even happier that my XXtreme arrives tomorrow"

Gerry! You got one

You need to bring that puppy to the event in April.

It just arrived today! Here's the thrilling action photo, with a 600 SE:

OK, not so thrilling. But yes, I'll definitely bring it in April!!!

ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in