Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default SK360 settings tool FREE

OK Helifreak user Michael (Lbcynya) made this great little tool to show you what changes in values on the SK360 software and pots do to the final output if the gyros

Neat little tool to help you understand what is going on when you change settings.

It uses Microsoft Excel so you need to have that on your PC or the free MS runtime that allows you to display Excel spreadsheets.

Michael, sorry for taking so long to get this posted man... Just too darn busy these days.

Anyway, here it is! Enjoy and thanks Michael for making this.

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...me=sk360gv.zip

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No worries, thanks for posting.

Hopefully this will help "de-mystify" what is happening between the advanced tab settings and the gyro pots.

The calculations work (obviously), but they can appear to be somewhat counterintuitive at first. I would suggest that everyone (who's interested) focus on how the numbers change relative to various adjustments and try not to get too wrapped up in the basic calculations themselves.

If you want to make major adjustments to your setup, do them in the "tool" first to see if you are accomplishing what you intended to do.

Once you have your mind around everything you're good to go.

Hopefully this tread will be good resource for one and all.
SpeedVision is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2008, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks.
chichisport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Settings tool

Hi All,

The "settings tool" table has been included in the latest update to the SK360's setup software, just download rev 1.05 from the support page on the website. No need to update the firmware this time for 98% of users.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Art, I can update the post here too if you like?

Bob
Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a link to the excel viewer:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

JaggedEdge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure, thanks Bob
Old 08-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Art, I looked through the files from the download and I don't see the .XLS file for the settings tool?

Bob
Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob,

Just click the "Actual Gains" button on the advanced tab of the setup software.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Art, this is Stu from today at the indoor funfly. Nice meeting you and i hope to set this up shortly. It's neat to know someone in the hobby that has a very successful piece of electronic software, and its great for me to be able to talk to the person whod know best. thanks a ton, and i might end up asking a few questions. Looks like its off to the old drawing board again...
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Getting started with SK360

I know this is going to sound really, really, stupid, but here goes. I am just getting started in heli's, as I have flown fixed wing in the past. This all started this Xmas after getting a Blade MCX. Needless to say I am hopelessly OCD......LOL. But, after that I now own 3 additional heli's, Llama Coxial, Esky Honey Bee King II (currently going thru upgrades), and the most recent is a electric Trex 500 with the Brusless RCM BL500L Outrunner motor, Hitec swash servos (HS-5245MG Digital), Futaba tail servo (S9257), JR gyro (G77 3D), Skookum Flybarless Sytem (SK360 w/ current firmware update), Futaba Receiver (R607FS), It also has CF upgrades with the aluminum KDE Direct frame base and front battery mounts and of course the Align upgrade/mods for the flybarless main rotor system. The transmitter is a Futaba T7C/2.4ghz FASST.

This heli was on consignment at ReadyHeli.com and for the money, I couldn't hardly pass it up knowing that I would be spending far more than what was being asked for it. Just that now, I need help setting things up, especially my transmitter. BTW, this deal did not include the transmitter, so it is brand new. I realize that this is sort of "baptism by fire", but I tend to do things like that anyway.........LOL.

I've already powered up the SK360 and downloaded the its settings that it came with and also downloaded/saved the general settings and program that was offered here on this forum thread. I also found out that the firmware is up to date on the SK360 module.

It seems that "Finless Bob" has not yet posted any "how to" videos yet on the Skookum FB'less System. I have also made arrangements, tentatively, this coming Friday with some local heli guys that are suppose to fly FB'less systems. I don't have a clue what system they might be using.

Any help, direction(s), condemnations, recommendations are greatly appreciated. I really did think, assume, etc., that from my understanding of the FB'less systems that on a larger bird learning to fly might actually be a bit easier. I just had not yet appreciated how in depth and involved set ups were?

Thanks again...........
Okinell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in