Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question No cyclic roll?

I'm taking another shot at getting this Sim Stick Pro to work. I made a new transmitter and have gone through set up. When I try to set the channel for cyclic roll(aileron) there is nothing when I move the stick.
I've checked the monitor and the tx is putting out a signal but nothing on the sim? Everything else seemed to go ok.
Something not right. When I turn on tx sim seems to recognize it(message saying tx not connected goes away) but heli just spins up and tips over.
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nobody here will help you pirate software using any of these cords.

And I don't think they even want you posting it.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What are you talking about "pirated:? I use the Phoenix dongle(which I bought with the Phoenix disc) and Sim Stick Pro which I also bought from a reputable (I think) company in England.
And it's used by people like Bert Kammerer. Think he's using "pirated software"?
Get your facts straight before you start flaming someone you know nothing about!
Old 01-29-2016, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say go back and do everything again, check that you have the correct model of transmitter selected then modify to your liking. Make sure you go through stick calibration.

Or if you already have a setup that is working without the Simstick Pro, just use that but making sure you re-calibrate the sticks.

The mistake I made was I assume because I have a profile for the transmitter that was working I could just slot in the Simstick Pro and go, wrong I just had to go through the stick calibration again and everything worked perfectly.

Once you have it up and running, you will never want to use a sim with the cable dangling down again.

The only down side is, it uses more battery but it’s worth it to have no cable dangling.

Toocool4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Toocool4. I did exactly what you did. Thought it should work with a working profile. I'll recalibrate.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did the complete set up. Everything works the right way when the dongle is connected to the computer but when I try to run through the sim stick pro as soon as I give throttle it just starts to rev up and tips over to the right. Can't stop the roll. It's like the right roll of death my 300x had! The sim must be recognizing the tx because there is no message of tx not connected. Just looked and the message tx not recognized appeared for a couple of seconds and then disappeared.
Is the blue light on the sim stick supposed to remain on or does it blink? Mine stays solid for 5 seconds or so and then blinks twice and then goes solid.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The light stays on solid and blinks from time to time.

What transmitter are you using? I am using Futaba and S.Bus so only one cable connection.

Are you using a single cable connection or are you using multiple connections? are you sure you have the cables connected correctly?

Just one more thing i just thought of, check your throttle is not reversed?

Old 01-29-2016, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a DX6i with single cable. normal throttle. I thought it might be my usb cable so plugged sim stick directly in to usb and no difference. I've emailed sim-stick about the light blinking. Waiting for a reply.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully the Simstick guys will have answers to your issues.

If I understand what you are saying, you are using a satellite, if you only have one cable connection to the Simstick Pro?

With mine I am using a single cable between my receiver and Simstick Pro.

Old 01-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a lemon rx(same result with Spektrum ar6115). Just a usb cable from computer to sim stick.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know anything about lemon RX, let's hope the Simstick guys can help you.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. We've been trying some things but nothing works. I don't understand why everything works with the cable attached to tx but not when attached to sim-stick. It's just a signal from the tx going to the rx and then through the dongle isn't it? Tx is sending the signal on the monitor screen so why isn't the rx (or the dongle I don't know which) sending that signal to the program? And why only aileron/cyclic-roll?
Old 01-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say check all your channel mappings again, it's got to be something simple we are over looking.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I'm totally confused! Set up a new tx with the dongle and now Phoenix won't recognize the right cyclic input. Recognizes left input but nothing on the right. Monitor screen says tx is putting out the signal. Do I have a bad pot? Is it the dongle? Is it Phoenix?
I'm getting very fed up. Might have to go back to old RF! Rudder and elev were mixed up also
Old 01-30-2016, 10:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe my 6i is messed up. In the monitor screen it shows the cyclic is reversed. Push stick right arrow goes left. The arrow in the set up wizard is at 100 without touching the stick. If I push left the bar goes to zero. Just flew a couple batts in my MQX and nanoQX. They flew fine so I don`t think it`s the tx.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you ticked the check box to reverse the channel in Phoenix?

Old 01-31-2016, 11:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. If I reverse it the heli just rolls the other way and crashes. I don't understand that! Got to be the dongle. Tx works fine irl and I've deleted and reloaded and updated Phoenix twice!
Old 01-31-2016, 02:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay i am out of ideas, sorry.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your ideas. Just did another tx set up and now the rudder doesn't show any signal?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you have some major problems, somewhere in your setup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in