Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 08:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
At this point i'm not even expecting it anymore. I have the BT and iphone as well. Feels like its been almost a year since they've taken down the apps and are apparently reworking them. Who knows with Kontronik...........
I'm in the same situation and feel the same. However, I've only been waiting six months. Pair this with the lack of availability of the ProgDisc and slow to market ProgUnit this has been a very poor experience for a new Kontronik customer. Considering the price and IMO lack of support not sure if I'd be a repeat customer.
Redline00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2015, 09:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

The existing app works with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Maybe you could buy a cheap Android device to use it with. I kept my ProgDisc for use with my Koby's but I do all my Kosmik and JPro setups entirely from my phone.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
At this point i'm not even expecting it anymore. I have the BT and iphone as well. Feels like its been almost a year since they've taken down the apps and are apparently reworking them. Who knows with Kontronik...........
You already bought the hardware. The app is free.

They've already made their money off of you, so they aren't too concerned with giving you the software to actually make it work.

Kontronik has THE best ESCs available, but their business practices leave me scratching my head.

Waiting almost a year on software to make your 90 dollar piece of hardware actually work is mind boggling. This kind of thing wouldn't fly in other industries.

Not to mention they still allow their dealers to advertise the BT module as a way to use your apple device to configure your esc. It goes beyond negligence in my opinion and borders on fraud.

http://www.helidirect.com/electronic...th-module.html

First sentence in the description:

Quote:
The Kontronik Bluetooth Module enables your Apple smart phone or tablet to communicate with Kontronik Kosmik ESCs.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 11:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

You make a strong point there Pitch. They've already gotten my money. Hopefully they'll come through at some point.

But for future buyers, retailers should have a disclaimer saying something to the effect of "Buyers with iOS devices should note that the Kontronik applications are currently unavailable".

It is completely unacceptable to continue to market them when they are just paperweights. Ironically, I bought my BT module from HD about 8 months ago under the notion that I would be able to USE it soon.

The only thing stopping me from returning it was that its going on my 770 build which I've yet to start and have the time to wait. But this is becoming laughable at this point. Where are the Apps?

It took Kontronik, what like 2 years?, to come out with programmable software for their ESC's, and the interface is really quite basic. At that rate we should have the Apps by end of 2016.

Like you said, hands down the best ESC's and motors on the planet. German engineering and creativity at its best. They have so many users and believers in their product, yet devote almost zero resources to transparency and customer service. Do they even HAVE an in-house programming person/department or do they outsource this kind of stuff to other companies? - just trying to figure out why these things take sooooooooo long. I know teenagers that can program and configure an App in a week.

P.S. - This is nothing against the Kontronik reps who post here and help all the time as well as the Kontronik support here in the USA (Greg Alderman I believe). If it wasn't for you guys, doing business with Kontronik might honestly be impossible.
OXY rep

Last edited by DCflyer; 03-31-2015 at 01:28 PM..
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
The existing app works with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Maybe you could buy a cheap Android device to use it with. I kept my ProgDisc for use with my Koby's but I do all my Kosmik and JPro setups entirely from my phone.
So you can see everything in K-View and use K-Prog?
Diabolo S #6
Diabolo
TDR
N7
crash at 42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash at 42 View Post
So you can see everything in K-View and use K-Prog?
K-view shows you real time over a short distance and K-Prog allows you to adjust the same settings you can with progunit or progdisc
Old 04-01-2015, 03:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, as Richard said.

With KProg I do a full setup including APM reset and mode 4. After that I set BEC voltage, spoolup speed, capacity limit, motor poles and the gear ratio.

With KView I can't see logs but I can see min and max values for the current sesion. I can also see instantaneous values like head speed. However instead I now have that spoken to me via VContol with an external phase sensor. A useful reading for me is PWM%. With that I can see if I have enough governor headroom. I select a pinion that gives me around 80% PWM in an idle2 hover
Old 04-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a cheap 5.5" android of ebay to work around this (as it does not work with my iphone), I also program my Spirit FBL with it as well. I would not wait for an IOS version.

It just sits in my transmitter case.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So any Ios users want to sell there bt module
Diabolo S #6
Diabolo
TDR
N7
crash at 42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2015, 11:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Me. Send me a pm with a offer
Grittner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks guys, I just upgraded my original Goblin 700 with a Kosmik and new motor. I was looking at the Bluetooth module on HD and liked the sound of it. I read a review that said, careful there are 2 versions, android and apple. I have a I pad, and that would be great to have that for programming. I have always avoided kontronik due to their programming, and the cost. But I'm tired of seeing Castle fire balls, falling from the sky so I forked out some cash on the Kosmik. At least I won't get this for now! Thanks
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
Thanks guys, I just upgraded my original Goblin 700 with a Kosmik and new motor. I was looking at the Bluetooth module on HD and liked the sound of it. I read a review that said, careful there are 2 versions, android and apple. I have a I pad, and that would be great to have that for programming. I have always avoided kontronik due to their programming, and the cost. But I'm tired of seeing Castle fire balls, falling from the sky so I forked out some cash on the Kosmik. At least I won't get this for now! Thanks
I would advise to get the progunit if anything. The BT is nice but if you run telemetry honestly you wont play with the settings much the ESC is pretty much perfect with mode 1,4 and then 10 for bec voltage.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ya I'd be in for one too guy's.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does anyone know if BT module has a field for fixed motor timing? Is it PWM min.?

I've been able to successfully use k-prog on Galaxy S4 as well.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have been using the Android apps without any major issues with my Samsung S4 for over a year. Recently upgrade my phone to a Samsung Note 4.

The Bluetooth module connected to my Jive Pro 120HV works as well as it did before.

The Bluetooth modules connected to my Kosmik 200's pair and work but every time I power up I lose the pair and have to repair. Also if I fly out of range it loses its pair.

I still have my old Samsung S4 so I can just keep that in my transmitter case. However the fact that it still works with my Jive Pro but not with my Kosmiks tells me that the issue is in the Kosmik firmware and not the Bluetooth module itself. I'm on V4.1 firmware so I'm going to try upgrading to the latest 4.5.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I wished I had read this forum in greater depth before forking over for a bluetooth module which from my web search still does not play with anything Apple.
C'est la vie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in