Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default any Germans tried the new brushless nano?

so it's been months now since the german version of horizon's website started advertizing the new brushless cpx...

i don't read german, but im told they test out all their new stuff their before it goes to the rest of us...im wondering if anybody over their has tried it and could shed a little light on it?

http://www.horizonhobby.de/luftfahrz..._and_entity_id

i have 2 nano's right now, ones pjacq brushless and the other is stock, i was thinking about getting a 3rd and converting it to brushless too, but then i followed the link above...

i understand that horizon doesn't want to tell us anything about their future plans for the nano, because any news about a new version will affect sales of the current version...the current version is already marked as an outlet item, along with the old flybar heli's they replaced with as3x...

but then again it puts the biggest fans in a hard spot... whats the new one gonna be like? it's sort of a given that the new brushless speed controller will be integrated into the main board, and thats pretty cool, will probably save a gram or so over current brushless mods...

but they went through the trouble of making a brushless motor that was a drop in replacement for the short lived brushed motors, i would guess they wouldn't do that just as a temporary drop in replacement for the original nano...probably more likely it will also be the main motor on the new brushless version... if you look at the pics on the german website closely you can see that the power wires and motor end cap are different colors than stock...

however the new brushless motor has less power than the average stock brushed motor and an inefficient in-runner design that causes them heat up too easily...sure they last longer but they don't seem ideal...i would have vastly preferred they make a new frame to support an outrunner brushless motor with a little more power, ive seen thrust test after thrust test, the current brushless replacement is LESS powerful than stock, by a tiny bit...and i really don't think i want to buy that in a new brushless heli...especially not if they are gonna charge 250$ for it!

on the other hand having a new board with built in esc might make secondhand brushless mods even simpler, though i wonder how many, if any, parts will change aside from the board...I have to assume that if they went through the trouble of redesigning the main board to be brushless, that it's not really a limited edition...maybe they just tell the krouts that so that they don't stop buying the original...i mean its' one thing to not participate in a limited edition and get the original, but it's totally different to not buy the latest version because you are going to buy the closeout one they are about to stop making...

i suppose, since i still havent read from anybody who has tried this german "limited edition" heli, that i am speculating my ass off, it could just be a normal nano with the drop in kit already installed...that would be super lame...

does anybody know anything at all?

*edit* i did a little bing translating and searching, apparently they are going for 200 euro's...wow that seems super expensive for what it is...it says they only made a 1000 of them and the only site i could find selling them that was in english said it was out of stock for 3 more weeks...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if anything else is different besides just plopping in the already available BL motor?
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

well i would guess they would have to redesign a totally new main board for the bl motor, so there is that...i really hope they aren't just using that motor though...id like one that is stronger...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the translation from google translate. It's not the greatest, but you get the gist.

Nano CP X Brushless limited Edition
Generally
Specifications
Comments
Flips under the coffee table, Funnels in the kitchen, rolling in the hallway. With only 29 g lightweight Nano Blade CP X you make the smallest space to your 3D training pitch. His 3-axis stabilization system AS3X provides a good balance between agility and stability for light and medium 3D Aerobatics available.

With the Nano you have fun and gain confidence without having to worry about costly repairs to the Heli. Make the little upside down - but not your home! Thanks to its ball-bearing linear servos and a weight of only 29g you get with the Nano CP X is the lightest heli in its class, its high agility and controllability will inspire you.

The RTF version of the Nano is also equipped with a real spectrum DX4e DSMX remote control.

In a limited edition of 1,000 copies, he is now equipped for a short time with brushless motor.

Features

Lightest heli a class
140 ° swashplate
AS3X Flybarless System
Symmetric 85mm blades
2.1g linear long-throw servos
Sturdy, lightweight frame
Main shaft and tail boom from CFRP
Brushless motor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in