Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 4660 would i need to do anything it seams to fit with the 9 10 11 tooth slant
rhodestimm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTOF View Post
The Lynx pinion is designed for the Eflite motor . The 3 mm step on the motor extends down much further than the Wicked so the Lynx pinion has been bored to accomodate the longer step. Essentially the upper half of the pinion is bored at 3 mm and will not be supported by the 2.3 (nominally) Wicked shaft. This applies to the 9,10, and 11 tooth pinions. The other, higher tooth count pinions are at 3.17 I believe for use in the Scorpion ( and others) motors.
Thank you very much! How much would you charge for one?
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did this out of necessity, and not to sell. Our equipment is not really designed for this small stuff and is really a pain to use for this. Believe me when I say kudos to Dylan and the other folks who help us out with these things as I would much rather support their efforts and buy from them as have to produce these things like we had to years ago.
PTOF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am testing the wicked motor and the pinion interface this weekend based on your description. I also have the higher pinion gears too so I'll see what fits and what doesn't and propose a solution to this condition to Lynx.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm wondering if bushings for a tail maybe would work... I'm going to start working on this tonight
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The Lynx pinion is designed for the Eflite motor . The 3 mm step on the motor extends down much further than the Wicked so the Lynx pinion has been bored to accomodate the longer step. Essentially the upper half of the pinion is bored at 3 mm and will not be supported by the 2.3 (nominally) Wicked shaft. This applies to the 9,10, and 11 tooth pinions. The other, higher tooth count pinions are at 3.17 I believe for use in the Scorpion ( and others) motors.
I had a similar problem running my HobbyKing Parkfly P2632 3800kV motor (physically the same as Wicked) which runs a 2.3mm shaft all the way down to very close to the bearing. The stock brass bearing (straight-cut) won't work because they're stepped to 3mm where the set screw is. Like you I just machined a brass sleeve of 2.3mm ID and 3mm OD to fit. Now that I've bought some Xtreme 2.3mm thru' pinions I don't need to make the brass sleeve any more.

EDIT: Correction made for clarification hopefully.

Last edited by DoubleCH; 04-05-2013 at 11:36 PM..
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you had read my earlier post you would know that I have already done exactly that and was warning other potential Wicked motor users that this would be necessary.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Slant gear anyone?

I'll make a note of it on the wicked product page. Hopefully lynx does some slant pinions for 2.3 mm motors.

You could always loctite the pinions to the wicked shaft too, 680 is very strong stuff!

Sent from tapatalk
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
If you had read my earlier post you would know that I have already done exactly that and was warning other potential Wicked motor users that this would be necessary.
Yeah, I read before my post which was meant to be like a "+1" post.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quick update

Luca, from Lynx, contacted me this AM as to the specs for the Wicked motor which of course I gave him. Won't speak for him but this may mean a pinion set for this motor could become available without alteration.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up I love it, 3600 with stock motor

So i put the lynx slant gear on, a tight fit with the softest hub in exsistance but got it in, and its balence is great, i started with the 10 tooth and it was awsome, i didnt locktight it in so i could test the 11 tooth and wow wee, again this is on the stock motor, i am getting about 3600 to 3650 headspeed with the 11 tooth with the microheli carbon fiber blades for the SR, using an optical tach. i cant believe it either, i have the lynx tail blade but stock tail hub and tail blade holders ( i got one of the good sets). i have the microheli head and following arms, with the lynx ultra dampners, i use the Pulse ultra 1350mh 35c, and am getting 5min +, but i usually do fly till i hit the cutoff of the align 35A esc, and end up putting back 1200mah when i charge. I flew at 80% throttle for 5 min and only put back 950mah. Now let me tell you how it flys, granted my bird is a tad lighter than stock due to the esc, and a bit stronger cyclic servos with the jr285's on 6V but stock tail servo running on 5.1V, but it flys crazy, super strong and poppy, it bogs down after a bunch of tick tocks but still holds great and motors threw anything, quick with tons of pop, my tail servo struggles to keep up and makes those vibration sound when i use alot of pitch change at higher speeds but not bad, i had to turn my gain back down to 54.5, were i was running the stock straight 9 tooth at 58.5. i love flying this bird, it is a croud pleaser because you can fly so close to the ground and its so stable yet quick and sounds great, even better with the slant tooth. I plan on switching to the Hyperion atlas HP-DS11-GCB for my tail servo and run it at 6V but i just crashed this bird so i have to spend on blades. Oh yeah, i hit the ground sideways not vary hard, but I hit my th hold too late, broke the blades and broke both sides off the top jesus bolt, bent my following arms, bent the feathering shaft and the main shaft hub, and stripped a gear in a cyclic servo but didnt touch the main gear, i couldnt believe it, i thought the pinion would have cut off like 10 teeth from the main gear but no damage, yah lynx I love it. any questions please pm me
steve54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Luca, from Lynx, contacted me this AM as to the specs for the Wicked motor which of course I gave him. Won't speak for him but this may mean a pinion set for this motor could become available without alteration.
"Done!" A new batch of slant pinion gears for 9, 10 and 11T is being made to accomodate the 2.3 mm shaft size to specifically fit the Wicked motors. Give it about a month to release if everything goes right.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
"Done!" A new batch of slant pinion gears for 9, 10 and 11T is being made to accomodate the 2.3 mm shaft size to specifically fit the Wicked motors. Give it about a month to release if everything goes right.
Woo! That's awesome news. I have the slant gear and pinions, before i got them installed, I was fortunate to get the wicked motor and cool 33A esc. I was going to sell them, but I guess I'll be keeping the gear only, hehe. Only loss is the slanted pinions I have now that will never get used...

mCPX BL, BL nano, 300x, TREX 450 Pro DFC, Spektrum Dx9, iCharger 206B
dragon79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up update

After 3 pretty nice crashes my 300X slant gear is unscathed. this gear is a beast, i love it, Definitely put on a frame brace if you are going to use the 11 tooth or you will break your main shaft from the 3600+ head-speed and frame flex during extreme maneuvers, it sucks but makes for a cool explosion of copter in mid air I love the gear, how about a hub and main shaft LYNX Please Please
Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #75 (permalink)
3vw
Registered Users

Just want to add to the list of Slant Gear survivals... I've also had 3 crashes in which the Lynx Slant Gear came through without a scratch, just amazing!

In contrast just about all other crashes I've had with the stock straight gear, the pinion carved out about ten teeth and the gear was toast.

This can be seen to be a value in and of itself and prompt someone to go ahead and spend the extra money the Slant Gear costs (just a thought IMO).
3vw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Slant gear anyone?

Tell us after 6 crashes (g)
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
3vw
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooferdoggie View Post
Tell us after 6 crashes (g)
If you put steve54 & my crashes together... That's 6!
3vw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vw View Post
If you put steve54 & my crashes together... That's 6!
Hey that's cheating (G) I just can't justify the cost of the thing. rather get unbreakable landing gear or a better esc.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default You wont be dissapointed

Once you get this gear on you wont be disappointed, it wakes the 300x up, makes it strong and gets rid of that bobble you get when changing pitch rapidly.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve54 View Post
Once you get this gear on you wont be disappointed, it wakes the 300x up, makes it strong and gets rid of that bobble you get when changing pitch rapidly.
have not seen the wobble the way I fly it would not matter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in