Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam > BEAM E6

BEAM E6 BEAM E6 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maidened it - like it

Maidened my Avantgarde today. Had a little trouble calibrating my governor on the Robird, it would not spool up fast enough. Had to disable it and the Avantgarde came to life. Everything was smooth and the tracking was spot on. Measured the head speed and got a shy over 2200 rpm on idleup 1.

Going to need to add some colors to he canopy, the gray and blue is horrible for a color blind person. I need some day glow orange tape on it.
Aziego is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear you're up and running. I have not yet flown mine with the stock blue and white canopy, it looks great on the ground and is probably fine on a sunny day but may be hard to see if it's cloudy and low-light.

I have not yet seen anything from Canomod or Fusuno, makes me wonder when they decide a heli is popular enough to do their canopies for it.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here is the result of my little project this morning while the wife and kids were asleep. Much better, especially since i wear red tinted sunglasses. Always have day glo orange trim tape on hand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371380682.534749.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	428761
Old 06-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the way you have done the series connector on the ESC. I assume the reason for the bullet is partly so you can use the anti-spark feature but actually it's an idea I didn't think of and I sometimes find XT60s very difficult to get apart.

I am using EC5s on the Beam but they can be pretty stubborn as well sometimes.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes the bullet is for the anti spark feature. Works really well.

Agreed sometimes the xt60 could be a b***h to take off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in