Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Rc Helicopter Service

Hi I just bought my trex 700e pro dfc recently in january i made 7 flights on it till now but i just need to know when i need to give it a service ? after 100 flights or every year ?? and what type of service ? Thanks Wayne
Wayne2580 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I check all links and give it a quick once over before each flying session.

Every 150 to 200 flights I'll completely strip her down and check everything making sure all bearings are good, blades are ok, servos and all links, all gears.....

I just go through every item on the heli to make sure it's in good working order, these big heli's are killers so you can't be to careful.
Velos 880 Neo, Logo 800 XX Vbar, T-Rex 800 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 Trekker Vbar, T-Rex 700 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 F3C Vbar, T-Rex 550E DFC Vbar, T-Rex 500 Pro DFC AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 Sport V2 AR7200BX, T-Rex 250 Pro AR7200BX, VController, DX9.
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much
Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I try to give it the best pre flight I can, let's face it, you can't check it all. On the DFC head I use to grab the blade grips and check that the dampening was tight and the blades them selves should be tight also. Some guys do a little lift off, set it back down and then tighten the grips tighter. If the dampening is loose, one of the grip links is most likely going to pop off.
I try to eliminate somethings by using red loc tite on them, like the swash balls and I use the blue servo arms so once set in the position I need them in, they also get red loc tite on those link balls. Your most likely never going to change them and it just makes it a little less to worry about checking. If you don't already, put some blue loc tite on the screws that hold the servo arms to servos, I also change out those Phillips head screws for SHCS.
Some of the bearings that take the most abuse are the tail shaft, they are spinning pretty fast, just a little grab of the tail grips and move them side to side will show any bearing wear.
Some guys like to lube their bearings every so many flights, so maybe someone can chime in and say how often and what they use?
I also check for gear play, the most important one is motor pinion to main gear and I check it everytime I go out.
I'm sure there is more, but as far as screws, if they're properly loc tited in, they should stay there.
Good luck and yeah, be safe.
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks ranchhand, that's a more detailed reply than I gave the OP.
Velos 880 Neo, Logo 800 XX Vbar, T-Rex 800 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 Trekker Vbar, T-Rex 700 Pro DFC Vbar, T-Rex 800 F3C Vbar, T-Rex 550E DFC Vbar, T-Rex 500 Pro DFC AR7200BX, T-Rex 450 Sport V2 AR7200BX, T-Rex 250 Pro AR7200BX, VController, DX9.
JohnTC02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks For some tip as i didn't make lock tight on the screw that holds the servo arm !!! :S tanks for advice and one last thing i used to check my head and tail grips but i notice that i have little play on the tail grips is that right ??? some says that you need that play or i comes after serval flights i check the middle bolt that holds the grips and it's tight but they still have little play . is that good ?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, they do just get loosen on their own. The aluminum isn't really the best, it's softer than lets say 6061. Mine were loose from the start, I bought some spacers for mine, 0.1 fixed it for a little while, but their already starting to loosen up again. If the hardware is tight and it's fling good I wouldn't worry about them to much, unless they get really loose.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I go over my helis about every 2 month's oil with tri-flow every month.

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 700E DFC is pretty solid.

Pay attention to your links, especially if you are doing hard 3D. Replace when in/out slop develops between the ball link and balls. Both on Swash and Tail rotor.

It's a good idea to tear down the rotor head every 100 flights and check the radials/thrust bearings. Replace or relube bearings as needed.

Same thing with the tail shaft bearings.

Generally, a quick 5 minute "poke and prod" around all the moving linkages and components on your machine when you're bored at home here and there will reveal all kinds of things. Bolts backing out, slop in links, frayed wires, etc.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchekas View Post
The 700E DFC is pretty solid.

Pay attention to your links, especially if you are doing hard 3D. Replace when in/out slop develops between the ball link and balls. Both on Swash and Tail rotor.

It's a good idea to tear down the rotor head every 100 flights and check the radials/thrust bearings. Replace or relube bearings as needed.

Same thing with the tail shaft bearings.

Generally, a quick 5 minute "poke and prod" around all the moving linkages and components on your machine when you're bored at home here and there will reveal all kinds of things. Bolts backing out, slop in links, frayed wires, etc.
Good point, wires, I've read of several guys that they lost their heli to something rubbing through a wire, like on a servo. Just takes one! If you run them inside the frame, it looks nicer, but much harder to keep an eye on. I keep most of them on the outside, you can still make them look nice and neat and maintenance is a lot easier, especially if you have to remove any to do it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in