Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gee, that was easy and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexxuSix View Post
Done. I just sent an email, and I will be emailing them as often as possible. Thank you for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another way you can contact them, is by asking here on helifreak.
So far they have answered everyone back in this thread https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=476439
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexxuSix View Post
Well... I don't know if this is a solution, but if DJI is deadest on not giving us the features we request, is there a possibility of Open Source firmware for the Naza-H?
Not likely. AFAIK, there is no way to program the DJI system.

However if you're open to that, why not just consider one of the open source systems already available? For just $200, Arducopter will give you full UAV capability including multi-waypoint, RTH, Click and Fly...

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

With RTH, you have to make sure you plug in your battery where you want to land. Or make sure you set home. I bet there will be some cases of heli's trying to autoland on the hood/of your car, or the table where you set up.
P.I.Engineer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
With RTH, you have to make sure you plug in your battery where you want to land. Or make sure you set home. I bet there will be some cases of heli's trying to autoland on the hood/of your car, or the table where you set up.
Interesting. Thanks for the warning.... I have a Naza-H on its way, and can't wait to get this set up on my Trex 500e. I do hope that DJI continues to support requests in the meantime...
NexxuSix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
I hope im not the first one! I cant wait till I get mines!
satttheman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Subtle difference between WK H and Naza H

It finally became apparent to me the difference betweeen WKH and Naza H as explained by a DJI staff (on non-GPS version). The WKH is geared towards scale heli enthusiasts with emphasis on smooth flight and a pilot can take off with Atti mode on whereas Naza H is meant more for 3D pilots who would need to take off manually and only after steady hovering can he flick on the Atti mode switch for the feature to work. I guess the difference between the two ends there. So one has to be able to fly manually to use Naza H unless DJI updates firmware to include semi-auto take off and landing to match the feature of WKH. Just my 2 cents.
kittiwat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Except DJI have stated here and on their website that semi auto take-off and landing will be in the next firmware revision... ie taking off/landing on GPS Atti mode and being able to complete the entire flight within the one mode.

I honestly think the WKH is stuck in no-mans land here... And with the 50m GPS altitude limit it is unnecessarily restricted, especially given the cost is what, about 3 times that of the Naza?

I'm very happy DJI have brought out the Naza as I, and I assume many others, would never have considered the WKH simply due to cost. The fact that the Naza is well priced and fairly capable will mean a lot of sales fir them i'm sure, but in opening up their product line to the mass market they seem to have rendered the WKH somewhat redundant.

No great loss in my opinion, long live the Naza
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have just gone through the set up and this is like the tail of two controllers. I manual, you set up Normal, ST1 and ST2 just as you would with any FBL 3D controller. In ATTI or ATTI/GPS it is a whole different ball game the Naza takes control. You can set up a considerable amount of pitch in the Assistant but for assisted flight they suggest 6-8 degrees. I am still playing with fine tuning the settings and learning more as I go. It looks pretty interesting. I am not sure if I would be willing to give up my WKH for my flying style and what I have planned for it. But for the price it seems to be hard to beat for a controller that can do so much. More later.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll add another success story on installing this. I put it in a Trex 600e as a test bed before I install in my just-acquired Bergen. Setup was easy and pretty intuitive except for the last feedback page. Realized they were animated pictures when you clicked on them. I couldn't look at them and the swash at the same time so I placed my fingers on the swash and watched the screen. Worked well.

Used factory settings on the gains, mild throttle and pitch curves on Tx AFTER setting up the Naza. Now I'm a fairly new flyer, but I can putter the heli around my driveway ok. After a very careful liftoff, I noticed a LOT of authority on cyclic that I'll need to tone down(it's FBL, had a BeastX before). After gaining some altitude, I flicked into Atti. Worked like a charm. Next, GPS (I had made sure it had sat lock before liftoff). I noticed a little oscillation during hands-off hover, none when I 'drove' it in GPS mode. I'll reduce the cyclic gains and try again Friday with video I hope. DJI did well on this!

Jason
Trex 600e
Bergen Observer EB
flim63 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my Naza-H last night and installed it on my Trex 500e. Tonight I started the parameter setup. I still need to fine tune a few parameters, but so far the setup was fairly easy and straightforward.

My only complaint so fair is the short wires the DJI uses with the Naza-H. It made the setup a little interesting to say the least.

One thing I could not figure out, and hence tonight's post is how the heck do you set up the fail safe?

I have a DX8 transmitter with and AR8000 RX and Telemetry. I took the default setup in the DX8 radio for Aux2 = Governor. I adjusted each value in the governor so that the switch would properly select the GPS / Altitude / Manual mode. But from there, I could not figure out how (or where) to set up fail safe. I did reference the manual for the DX8, but I'm not quite sure how to associate the fail safe mode and the governor when the TX is switched off.

According to the manual (At this point, I'm guessing I need the preset fail safe?)

Quote:
Preset Failsafe
If the signal is lost, all channels are driven to their failsafe position set during binding.
Preset Failsafe is ideal for sailplanes, as spoliers can be deployed during loss of signal, preventing a flyaway.
how To Program
1. Insert the bind plug and power on the receiver.
2. When the receiver LEDs blink indicating bind mode, remove bind plug
before binding the transmitter to the receiver.
3. LED lights will continue to blink.
4. Move transmitter’s control sticks and switches to the desired Preset Failsafe
positions then turn it on in bind mode.
5. The system should connect in less than 15 seconds.
NOTICE: Failsafe features vary according to receiver, so if using a receiver other than the AR8000, consult your receiver’s instructions for the failsafes that apply.
Before flight, ALWAYS confirm your binding is good and failsafe is set. To do this, make sure the system is connected, turn your transmitter off. Confirm that low-throttle is active.
How do you set the fail safe on a three position switch, such as the Gov / Aux2?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but thanks in advance for the help...
NexxuSix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use DX8 with the Naza-H as well. For failsafe, it is like exactly what you quoted. WHEN you bind your DX8 with the AR8000, notice all of your stick and switch position/value. When signal is lost, it will go back to all of those value.

So whatever the flight mod switch you use, just have to make sure it is NOT in one of those 3 flight mode value when you bind your AR8000. You can double check those 3 flight modes in the Mode tab in the NAZAH Assistant. Then turn off the DX8. You should see it go into the Fail-Safe zone.

One last thing, to test out Failsafe, instead of turning off the DX8, you can set the 3 Control modes to Manual, Alt Hold, and Fail-Safe (instead of GPS). Have fun.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depending on the Rx you are using, you may have to modify the Bind procedure as well. Some of the Spektrum Rx's support 2 different failsafe modes, one is hold last input (other than throttle) and the other is return to bind positions.

With the AR7010 I am using, you need to put the bind plug in, power up the Rx, remove the bind plug when the Rx leds are flashing and then turn on the Tx to perform the bind with the sticks in the failsafe positions you want.

If you bind normally with and leave the bind plug in place through the bind process, you will get the Hold last input, which will not enable the failsafe for the NAZA on loss of signal.

I am still going through the setup so haven't tested this but will be doing so in the next couple of days.

I have started a thread on the setup and will be doing a reveiw of the system as a FBL controller and with the ATTI GPS functionality.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=479138

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

He is using AR8000 and the procedure he quoted is exactly what he needed.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley888 View Post
He is using AR8000 and the procedure he quoted is exactly what he needed.
Sorry, I just saw I posted superfluous information, I read his post on my phone and it didn't show the quote of the instructions he posted, and that was exactly what I was trying to describe.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think what he's missing is that he needs to go into the travel adjust to move the position of the switch into the fail safe zone.

Then do the bind procedure as described, and afterwards return travel adjust to whatever is required to activate the 3 normal modes correctly

Just to explain why it works this way - it means you can select your three modes (GPS-Atti/Atti/manual) as normal and cannot reach the failsafe position during normal operation.

When you lose signal, it'll default to the position you set at binding regardless of the current travel limit settings or switch position, thus entering the failsafe mode.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188

Last edited by zeeflyboy; 12-12-2012 at 11:43 PM..
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI Naza-H Setup, Configuration and Feature Video

DJI Naza-H Setup Demostration:

DJI Naza-H Assistant Software Configuration:

DJI Naza-H 3D Flight in IRCHA 2012

DJI Naza-H 3D Flight in 3DX China 2012
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WISt-wXUG7k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-361nfshEyc[/ame]

DJI Naza-H GPS Atti.Mode with Position Lock

Last edited by DJI Innovations; 12-17-2012 at 04:14 AM..
DJI Innovations is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very informative video's...
But more importantly...

What is the response of DJI to customers and pending customers concerning and requests about the safety issues of the Naza-H having the RTH function added as a top priority as a firmware upgrade first?

Naza-H will have more useful functions included according to customers' requirements, such as Neutral-Position Recordable and Semi-auto Take-off/Landing.

We will have these two functions available firstly.

These functions,though may be useful to some degree,do not directly address the safety issue of having a helicopter locked in a fail safe hover until such time as the flight batteries are exhausted and the helicopter will fall out of the fail safe hover on to who knows what or worse on a person.

Top priority and concern to any pilot is, safety first, for him and his surroundings

DJI,
Customers are waiting to hear your response concerning this potentially dangerous concern and how your company views this and takes appropriate action to address it.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just two remarks on safety aspects of the Naza-H:

All Naza-M users are used to the fact, that the rotors will not start, as long as the controller is connected to the PC via USB (at least, I never succeeded to get the motors started under such a condition). This is not the case with the Naza-H. I have the motor off function programmed on a two way switch in my TX (Spektrum DX8, Mix/Hold switch). If you are in Manual Mode and switch from off to on, the engine will start to rotate, although being connected to the PC.

Even worse is the following: being connected to a PC and having Atti or GPS selected as flight mode, the engine will start immediately in case you restore a saved set of parameters from your harddisk through the import function of the Naza assistent. This will happen even when the motor switch is in the off position!

I think, these are two serious safety bugs in the firmware that should be fixed. If you want to avoid an unwanted cleanup of your workbench or even major injuries, you really should unplug the motor from the ESC or at least remove the blades, each time you connect the Naza-M to your PC. You never can be sure that the motor will not unexpectedly start to rotate.

Regarding the frequently asked for RTH function: I also bought the Naza-H assuming it would work similar to the Naza-M. But I really think, all major and minor bugs in the firmware should be removed from the firmware, before such a function will be implemented.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
Altix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can see where these could be a serious issue no doubt..
But can easily be remedied by having your electronics powered up separately from your motor/ESC.

Most caution and warnings state that you should either unplug or back off your motor when working on the electronics when powered up.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in