Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which tail pitch assembly?

Picked up a new to me Trex 500..Pro-version...Can someone please tell me which tail pitch assembly would be best?.Is one superior over the other?..Looking to buy a few spares..Thanks for your time
xv-townboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2015, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the best one out there for tail blade grips and is designed with the chinese weights to reduce the load on the tail servo. I have one on my 500. It also comes with the 2.5mm bolts instead of the 2mm bolts for added strength. Basically fixes all of the issues that could go wrong.

For the tail pitch, by brand KDE would be the best, but I have the Align dual pitch slider and works quite well. As long as you have a dual pitch slider, you will be better off. The main thing is to take it apart and loctite everything. Just be careful not to use too much and get it in the bearings.

http://www.rc-tek.com/store/i2rc-hig...hub-p2320.html
Old 06-23-2015, 02:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 500 pro version tail grips are superb!
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 500 pro version tail grips are superb!
They are a slight improvement over the earlier version, but would not say superb. The RC-Tek would be what I consider as superb.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed. I was having tail hold issues when running the pro grips, and they immediately stopped once I put the i2rc grips on. The pro grips are definitely better than the old grips, but it's hard to call them superb when you compare them to the i2rc grips.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2015, 02:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Agreed. I was having tail hold issues when running the pro grips, and they immediately stopped once I put the i2rc grips on. The pro grips are definitely better than the old grips, but it's hard to call them superb when you compare them to the i2rc grips.
I can hardly go any better than the pros! With the proper setup and no slop in the sistem there should be 0 holding issues, even using the old metal (flexible) pushrod. I got them almost four years now and the tail has always been rock solid and yes the pros were a huge difference from previous grips due to tighter tolerances.

The only upgrade of th I2 tail are 2.5mm bolts that are not needed and integrated chinese weights that you can install to the pros for about $1. And that "upgrade" comes at almost $70

By the way, I got an I2 swash as it is an upgrade to the original because of the bigger dual bearings, that is clear. The shippment was fast but and the product is nice but I am not overly excited as I expected a smoother bearings. I have some ceramic Si3N4 main shaft bearings that are smooth as butter. I also need some H50093-1 swashplate linkages that might have been included, after all the swash is no less than $65 + shippings. I am still waiting for the original Align swash plate to brake, fall apart or something and exchange it with the 'undestructable' I2 swash.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The only upgrade of th I2 tail are 2.5mm bolts that are not needed
Tell that to the people who have had their bolts snap off. I may or may not need it, but is a cheap insurance compared to a rebuild.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
Tell that to the people who have had their bolts snap off. I may or may not need it, but is a cheap insurance compared to a rebuild.
I expected someone to say that... Get a good 2mm steel bolts and your tail grips will never ever brake them unless the rotor speed greatly exceeds the normal operational speed.

Those who have their bolts snap off may have had a slight tail strike or other minor accidents leaving the bolst with micro fractures, or were using inox bolts... There might be many reasons behind a tail rotor failure.

I dont mean that 2.5mm are not safer than 2mm. I am only pointing that a tail with a couple of good new 2 mm bolts wont present any problems..
Old 06-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does tend to happen often during a crash to have a tail strike at some point. Unless you want to replace the bolts each time, then sure why not. I looked at the cost this way. All the upgrades are incorporated and the product is built solid. To me, it was worth the cost and I can continue on with confidence. As a bonus, I got an email from the man himself at RC-Tek explaining me the design questions that I had and I really liked that added touch.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 2.5mm bolt is not inmune to crash either, and the bolts are really cheap if you get them in a hardware store, that won't increase the cost. A crash because of a defective bolt would.

Last edited by Mateyhv; 06-25-2015 at 03:46 PM..
Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well you seem to have a negative response to everything positive that I have tried to say. You are right, nothing is immune, but it does increase the strength and yes these grips cost more, but they do have added benefits that I found to be worthy to purchase. And who's to say that these bolts are cheap?
Old 06-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not negating the positive you said, I agree I2 products have added benefits, however I find hard to justify the price for those benefits.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 2.5mm bolt is not inmune to crash either, and the bolts are really cheap if you get them in a hardware store, that won't increase the cost. A crash because of a defective bolt would.
That isn't negating the positive?

Either way, It is all about what one considers as value. I found it hard to believe that some invested over $2000 on a HD500 helicopter. That is more than I have invested in my 700. I found it hard to justify for a 500 size heli, but apparently they did not.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

im just curious what's wrong with the stock pro dfc tail pitch slider ? I cant count the number of crash's I had with my trex 500 and I think the only parts I have changed on my tail assembly in all the crash's was tail rotor shaft and lots of tail blades and have had zero issues minus some slop that has developed in the bearings of the tail slider itself

so I would say stock tail assembly
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

dual pitch slider, nothing, we were discussing the blade grips.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Thanks for all of the replies...The I2 stuff looks great....Thanks again
xv-townboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2015, 02:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
That isn't negating the positive?
Lol. No, thats a reality check
Old 06-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

clearly the tittle state tail pitch assembly but ok
what's wrong with the stock tail grips
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateyhv View Post
Lol. No, thats a reality check
If you say so

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in