Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just wanted to thank you...

So I just wanted to start off by saying that I haven't had the best of years; been unemployed since March, Grandma's leukemia getting worse and her starting chemo. So needless to say having no money and all the other stuff going on, helis haven't been a main focus of mine. So today I was reading through the ladies forum and loved reading of everyone flying and getting better. It really inspired me to get back on the sim and just start flying. It can be hard being around people that are really good and that are far from beginners, but that's why I like coming on here. There are beginners and advanced people all willing to help others. So thank you all for getting me excited again and looking forward to when I can fly my heli.
Email- melissatheheligirl@hotmail.com
littlehammer05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Littlehammer,

Sorry for the sucky year and I'm glad you were able to find some uplifting posts to cheer you up a bit. It's been pretty dead in here and I have been pretty much quiet as well (none of my friends would believe that ). My grandmother died a couple of years ago. It was very sad. There were a couple of years where my mom and I didn't see eye to eye and she didn't talk to me for two years. I won't get into why, but my grandmother was always there for me, especially when my mom was not. Spend as much time as you can with your grandma, she needs your support and love. Oh, and teach her to fly a heli!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned User

Second that. ^

Hopefully next year will be better for you, unless pretzelcoatl the half dragon, half chicken aztec god doesnt swoop down upon us on december 21.

Seriously though, dont give up. There is a good job out there for you and I'm sure things will improve.

As for grandmothers, I have 2 that are very aged. One in a nursing home with advanced alzheimers and the other also in a nursing home has had several mini strokes and I'm afraid will not be with us much longer.

So for your grandmother I wish her all the happiness and comfort possible.

Keep your chin up and go easy on the spicy foods.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey LittleHammer.

Sometimes life does throw us curve balls but remember this too will pass. You have our thoughts and best wishes with you, and remember to take a little bit of time for yourself. Do something you enjoy doing. You cannot be there for your family if the situation burns you out too. Hope that makes sense.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! My grandma is doing a lot better, so thank you for all of the nice thoughts! I also did get a part time job, so will be able to start saving money up for my heli!!! =D
Email- melissatheheligirl@hotmail.com
littlehammer05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Melissa,
I am glad that everything is going better for you & that your grandmother is better. It always seems that many things hit us at one time. That is great that you got a job.
I have pretty much written off this year for flying. It was too hot, too windy, I had other things I needed to do, etc. I am planning on a lot of flying next year. Probably some indoor this winter too.
Lynne

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned User

Just want to wish Littlehammer, her family and anyone else reading this a happy thanksgiving.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy Thanksgiving to you too
Geena is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel you littlehammer, my grandpa died last Christmas from leukemia. I went and saw him, but once he got real bad I couldn't go see him because it broke my heart to see him like that. Before he got sick he was really strong, and very healthy. He would play pool and was a ping pong champ. He had first been diagnosed with leukemia 11 years earlier, so there is a chance your grandma with leukemia might have it go into remission.

The hardest part was at the funeral when my grandma read the eulogy. She made it a little ways through it, then broke down crying. That part made me SOOOO sad. Then at the grave site, she kissed the coffin, kissing him goodbye as they lowered it into the ground. Tears are coming to my eyes as I type this. :,,,,(
sidewayz6.6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in