Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #421 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jondabear,

With all due respect there is one issue you are missing. That is the voltage sag that is likely happening when when the swash plate servos operate. The small servo connector is only rated at 5 amps continuous which, if conforming to the way many manifacturers spec connectors, means a 5 to 10% voltage drop at rated amperage. So, even if the servos only draw say 2 amps peak at the beginning of each movement that's 6 amps which will easily pull the voltage down below 4.8 volts for the servos and the 3G controller. Perhaps many believe there is no problem but I sure see a lot of the same people posting about one glitch or another associated with the 3G.

Again, no offense intended, you are seriously experienced in this RC stuff. I too have extensive electronics experience ( ham radio Extra class, an EE, worked as a tech for 10 years prior to the EE) and Im building a harness to provide at least 3 pins of power to the 3G controller - 2 for collective servos and 1 for rudder.

Thanks for all your great posts by the way- learned a lot from you.

Ron
recurry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #422 (permalink)
Registered Users

SUPPLY proper power and the point is MOOT.

Been doing DC electronics tooooooooo long (LOL) to see where theory meets practice.

I was the guy who would COMMONLY "Correct " the engineers into revising what they were about to produce.

1 MORE , proofs in the pudding. My 700 AND 600 setup says it all. Both HV setups, One w 610's one with 8717HV's.

In all fairness though...........Ive done it CORRECTLY........ar7100r's. Being from the same background, Im sure you can see the logic behind the receiver. Probably why Ive had Good luck with my stuff.

Then again, If people go cheap with this........its like taking an olympic runner and telling him to run a Fast mile..........while breathing through a straw. (Translate into electronics terms, as Im speakking in laymans terms here for the benefit of everyone. )

BTW-
MERRY CHRISTMAS guys!PEACE!

Last edited by jondabear; 12-24-2010 at 02:29 AM..
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #423 (permalink)
Registered Users

Btw.....not even a hint of disrespect taken.

We've already been through A LOT of these questions and theory after theory after theory, .........ive proven most beliefs about this BUS concern incorrect through practice , example and 400+ flights . On 1.......skinny as# wire. LOL.

Good to question and probe though, if not for that, we would be WAY behind the curve with this system. Peace!

Last edited by jondabear; 12-24-2010 at 02:30 AM..
Old 12-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #424 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have spent the last hour or so reading this thread. I have a bone stock 700E 3G with align servos 6v on 12s ar7100 with cc160HV and CC BEC PRO. (no sensor mod yet) . I only do circuits as I am still a noobie. I am no electronics wiz but understand the gist of the problem. My question is this. They low demand from the servos from my style of flying should at least buy me some time so that I can AT LEAST inspect the servo connectors for any heat issues b4 and after flights right? This seems logical to me considering that I don't really load my servos. I am getting a solid 7 min of flight but have only have about 5-6 solid flights. The only glitch that I have experienced is one 45 degree tail kick in a hover that scared the crap out of me but have since updated to 2.1 and rechecked all connections and has not re-occured. I don't mean to be sooo long winded, but Im already sick of this 3G and this thread is now making me want to ground this bird and just fly my 700 n FLYBAR and my old Rappy 90. How many of you out there with the 700e have seen a melted plug out there after hard 3d? I want to fly and not wrench as much since I get a little better each time. God knows my wrenching in the beginning of this hobby is making me tired. Shame on ALIGN !!
TTRAPTOR903D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #425 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just fly it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in