Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default anybody try the electric converson (gov problem)

Ok i put the electric conversion into a raven frame to use in a scale project and am still having problems. The real problem is trying to explain the gear ratio to the gov software in the castle creations phoenix 100 esc. It can't understand the counter shaft and all attempts to fool it are meeting with nothing but frustration. In gov mode rpm setting all i get is 1400 rpm head speed (tach), and if i change the gear ratio for what should yield a higher head speed it drops to 1100 rpm. I am running a 780 kv z-power motor direct ( no clutch) on 8s. If i turn off the gov mode and just run the curve i can get 1780 (tach) head speed at 82 % on the throttle curve. Has anybody had anything like this happen?

Last edited by hawkrock; 09-12-2013 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
hawkrock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What pinion gear are you using off of the motor when you get 1400. from the governed CC?

What pinion when you get 1100?

Are you using the grey or the black primary gear?

Are you using the 13T or 14T primary gear pinion?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok phil here we go. I am using the pinion gear that came with the kit. I am using the black primary gear, and the 14 tooth primary gear pinion. This was and is the set up for all the testing Charles and i have been doing. With the gov turned off we got over 2300 rpms with the clutch on the motor, so we swapped it out for the direct drive gear that came with the kit. With the gov set for rpm mode we set the kv and pole count and used the original gear ratio for the raven and hawk pro of 8.6 to 1 and 9 to 1. This is where the problem starts. With the information the gov has it sets the rpm range and limits the range, to low and it can't govern properly and to high and it over runs the controller. As we attempted to extend the range up to a usable rpm (10 to 1) the controller thinks it's spinning at over 2000 but in reality only 1400. By putting on the direct drive that brought the rpms to 1780 at 80% gov mode off.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can you give us a screen shot of your CC settings?

Did you by chance calibrate the throttle end points?
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using the direct 19T drive pinion on the black 55T primary gear, will give you a first stage gearing of 55/19 = 2.89. Your second stage ratio, using the 14T primary shaft pinion, which is matched to the 60T inside of the main gear, results in a secondary stage gear ratio of 60/14 = 4.28. So your final ratio is 4.28 x 2.89 = 12.36/1, not the 8.6 or 9/1 of the original Hawk or Raven.

The original ratio resulted from the first stage ratio of 2.11 (55/26) which uses a 26T pinion on the clutch, not a 19T as you are now using.

So you should be using the 12.36/1 gear ratio set into the CC with the direct drive. Give that a try.

Last edited by MotorRotor; 09-16-2013 at 06:17 PM..
MotorRotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the info. I will give that a try. Hey, just one other thing, have you ever tried mixing an older 401 gyro with more modern electronics and had voltage problems. The gyro works for a while and then seems to lose its way? just curious.
Thanks again.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkrock View Post
Thanks so much for the info. I will give that a try. Hey, just one other thing, have you ever tried mixing an older 401 gyro with more modern electronics and had voltage problems. The gyro works for a while and then seems to lose its way? just curious.
Thanks again.
The gyro and its' designated servo are only for use with a maximum 5.2V power supply, anything more and you will have problems.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRotor View Post
Using the direct 19T drive pinion on the black 55T primary gear, will give you a first stage gearing of 55/19 = 2.89. Your second stage ratio, using the 14T primary shaft pinion, which is matched to the 60T inside of the main gear, results in a secondary stage gear ratio of 60/14 = 4.28. So your final ratio is 4.28 x 2.89 = 12.36/1, not the 8.6 or 9/1 of the original Hawk or Raven.

The original ratio resulted from the first stage ratio of 2.11 (55/26) which uses a 26T pinion on the clutch, not a 19T as you are now using.

So you should be using the 12.36/1 gear ratio set into the CC with the direct drive. Give that a try.
Also of interest, is there is a chart in the manual area fro the CN1000EC that gives some interesting information on this conversions:

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...tricsetup.html

And here:

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...ricsetup2.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in