Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Phoenix Flight Sim Blade 180 CFX Equivalent

Hi, what is the best equivalent to a Blade 180 CFX from the helis available in Phoenix Flight Sim?

I recently picked up the Phoenix Flight Simulator to help out in stepping up my heli game. I have an end-goal of learning 3D flight, but I am still getting my orientations down at the moment, while recently switching to collective pitch from fixed pitch. I surprisingly never bothered with orientations much while still flying a good amount (over 3 years). So it was pretty easy making the switch to collective pitch, which now I am practicing on a Nano CP X.

I couldn't pass up the sales on the 180 CFX over black friday weekend though. So I have one coming in soon and would like to be able to get some relevant sim training in before I actually fly it.
stonedboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your still getting your orientations down I would forget trying to mimick the 180 in the sim for now. I would practice with one of the large electrics, Trex 700 comes to mind. If you want to fly something smaller the 450x in Phoenix can be made pretty twitchy somewhat like a micro with more power. For the record I have never flown a 180.
wab223 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

To re-iterate what wab223 is saying. No need to have the same type model in the sim. Fly the 700 size.

What is important is the control in the sim, not the replicating the exact performance characteristics.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

To answer his question. I find the blade 300x with the performance set to 75% is reasonably similar to the 180cfx, it even has the tail wobble in tic tocs lol, but you will never find something exactly the same, it just doesnt work like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24sevenslacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the replies! Sorry it took so long to get back, I got really busy during the end of the semester and then all of the holidays.

Thanks for the suggestion 24sevenslacker. I went with the other posters recommended though and just picked a large comfortable heli. I've found your advice to be true and even on the large sim helis the orientation skills transferred perfectly to my micro and nano helis.

I've been shocked by how much the sim has helped out though! I am decently comfortable in most orientations now except for nose in, but I'm leaps ahead of what I was a month and a half ago without a sim. I can now fly my micro helis without fear of crashing, and can do a lot more than just nose out lol
stonedboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in