Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters

JR Helicopters JR Forza, Vibe and Vigor Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally agree. I haven't been flying all that long really as I only got serious about it around the end of 2009 but I do see those first few years when I started as something of a 'golden age' in a way. Maybe it's just nostaglia, there was so much to learn to setup a heli and get it all dialed-in and equally great satisfaction once you had a handle on all that stuff.

When I started it was pretty much all nitro and flybarred. I still have a couple Robbes but haven't flown them in quite a while now.

I like seeing new things and innovation as much as anyone but one thing I have never done is adopt the mindset of a design being 'outdated' just because it wasn't released last week. That always bugs me when I hear people talk about an old design and they're not interested, even though in many cases those old 'outdated' airframes are still capable of more performance than a large majority of the heli flyers out there (myself included).

But now the heli market is so fragmented with a portion of it broken off into quads and FPV and the other part chasing the latest greatest flavour of the month.

I have owned a lot of different brands but I'm very late to the party with JR having only just bought my only two this year (NEX E8 and Vibe E12). I suppose it would be silly to try to sell them now, so I hope parts are supported for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirobowen View Post
I believe FBL and electric have been great advacements on one hand, whilst supporting partially interested short attention spans on the other. They have unfortunately allowed people into the hobby who would have otherwise previously not bothered due to the amount of effort and learning required.

I also believe 3d has been a mixed blessing helping to improve models become the reliable machines they are today but also attracting the very people who soon get bored and disappear forever.

I cant help to look back with love at the great times when the hobby was full of Ergo's, Vigor's, Vibe's, Freya's, Sceadu's, Fury's, Futura's, Millennium's and, well ok maybe the odd Raptor. The only ones complaining then were the hardcore 3d wanna be's who would flog the crap out of their models and wonder why things failed.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

The heli market is shrinking but compounding that is the Japanese Yen has strengthened a lot against US$ and Euro. Current prices of JR are unsustainable in our countries, so price increases would be inevitable, making other brands more competitive. It's a double edged sword because a strong Yen also hurts their own market in Japan, making foreign brands more competitive.

From what I read in the Facebook post, Forzas will continue to be made by one of their partner companies.Perhaps cost savings can be achieved in Taiwan or China. Not sure if it is an outsourcing operation or they're selling that part of the business to a partner company.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe the best heli I have ever owned is my NEX E8 with MB351 rotor. Smooth is an understatement.

I also fly a GSR260Z FBL Sport, Ergo 30 and Forza 450 with MB311 rotor. JR make amazingly good helicopters. I don't really believe they are at all expensive particullarly considering quality and reliability.

My other favourite is my Hirobo Turbulence D3v2.

Appart from Hirobo, for me I really don't see many other current brands with the same level of appeal.

Quest? Top shelf, $$$ but would love one.

Vario? Really are far too expensive with limited dealer network.

Minicopter? Very nice. Not sure about accessibility.
anon7906555 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is sad I really like the looks and quality of the Forza's and all the JR stuff. I was put off when Horizon shut down the Pro series, But I think they saw the hand writing on the wall in the RC helicopter market. I am afraid there will be more to come before things stabilize.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 01:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirobowen View Post
JR make amazingly good helicopters. I don't really believe they are at all expensive particullarly considering quality and reliability.
Yes the quality is up there with the best in my fleet. $750 isn't expensive for a Forza 700 kit in the USA but in Europe and UK it's closer to $1000. Like I said these prices are unsustainable going forward. A 25% price increase is likely and that would make it considerably more expensive than other high end brands. Without getting into which heli is better than which, people buy what they can afford. At the moment it seems to be mostly FPV quads.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:46 AM   #26 (permalink)

I'm not really sure drones have taken any real players out of the hobby, just those who have no actual long term interest in conventional helicopters. I think the model helicopter world has probably shrunk to a more natural and sustainable size. Unfortunately the manufacturers had been required to grow beyond that and are now left hanging in the breeze. I see multi-copters as a different hobby, a bit like fixed wing. I fly rc helicopters because I'm mad about conventional helicopters. Luckily for me I get to fly full size helicopters for a living. Having said that its great to see the scale heli hobby going very well. Unfortunately for most it is bordering on, if not, completely unaffordable. I think that may changefor the better though.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

There were always those who come into the hobby and go but the market was growing because of new people coming into the hobby. I remember back in 2006 before I got into the hobby. I was working in Hong kong and browsing one of the malls there. I walked past a gadget store and this little PicooZ came flying out the door, turned around and went back in. I followed it in and came out with 2 of them. A month later I had a 6ch Walkera 52 and a few months after that a T-Rex 450SE. I think a lot of people got into the hobby around that time in similar ways. Small RC helicopters were gadget of the month and they became available in toy stores and supermarkets. Suddenly there the market was growing rapidly with lots of fresh blood coming in, which created opportunities for high volume brands like Align.

The difference now is that drones are flavour of the month. We're not getting much new blood into the heli scene. There's still the die hard group of us that will stick with it forever but overall we're losing more people than we're taking in.

I have a friend who organizes FPV racing events here in the UK. A lot of the FPV pilots can't fly line of sight. They can all race around a track wearing goggles but a lot can't fly a figure of 8 line of sight without their googles. They don't even fly at clubs like we do. They just meet up in the woods or some where and at any organized events. It's a whole world of RC that's grown from underneath us.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heaving read the last FB post from JR, I interpret that they will continue to supply the following products (and parts):
FORZA 450 / 450EX
FORZA 700
GSR260Z
SYLPHIDE E12 EX
NEX E6 500 / 550

BUT there will be some delay in the supply, AND they will increase the price as of 1st October 2016.

The supply of other products/parts will only last till end of the stock and then be terminated.

=====

Interesting is that they had announced to discontinue NEX E6, and stop the parts production and supply after 3 years. This had been before they pre-announced the release of Forza 550. Now that they have canceled Forza 550, seems that they would continue with the NEX E6. What I do hope so.
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

To all of our valued customers:

We are contacting you today to share information regarding the recent changes at JR Propo. While we are sure you have already heard some information either from JR Propo, or various posts and rumors,we feel it is important as our valued customer that you hear the correct information, directly from JR Propo. We also realize that this communication should have been made sooner by us, but due to the many changes at JR, we are simply behind with this communication, and for that, we apologize.

- Supply (logistics and production)
JR has made the decision to close our Japan factory at the end of July 2016, located in Matsusaka, and move production of these products to our more cost effective Sanei factory, located in Malaysia. Sanei has proven for many years to produce high quality JR products at reasonable cost, and since current production was far from 100%, it makes good business sense for JR to move all Propo production to Sanei.

As for delivery of products, mainly for Japanese Domestic Market, JR is in the process of selecting an external logistics partner to handle shipment and delivery. JR regrets that these changes, although necessary, might cause some delays and inventory shortages until the Sanei factory, and our external logistics service is fully up to speed and operational. These transfers are scheduled to be completed by the end of September, barring any unforeseen problems or delays. JR thanks its customers for your patience during this transition, and we apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause.

- Development (Hobby and Industry)
With the decline of the Radio Control Hobby market World Wide, and the need for JR to grow and regain sales, JR must temporarily focus our main effort towards the multi-purpose industrial helicopter market. While it is true that for now, JR must focus most of our efforts for new product development towards the industrial projects, this does not mean that JR is planning to leave the RC hobby market.

Since JR is not a large company, our engineering staff and resources are somewhat limited, so our current engineers must give their main efforts to the industrial project to be successful. This of course means that there will be unfortunate delays in the development of new RC Hobby products, but we are sure that technologies learned during the industrial project will result in these technologies being applied to new JR RC Hobby products in the future.

Through our expansion to the Industrial RC Market, JR will gain not only a financial benefit to make our company stronger, but also the new technologies that will enable us to also become stronger in the RC Hobby business in the future. Please know that JR will continue to produce and provide current RC Hobby items, and new product development will increase once the industrial project has been realized. Please also know that JR Propo’s foundation has been for the RC Hobby business for more than 40 years now, and JR is still committed to the RC Hobby business for the future as well.

We do apologize to all of our loyal customers for temporary delays in supply and new product development, but we are confident that JR Propo will be much stronger and more capable company in the near future.

Best Regards:
Japan Remote Control Co.,Ltd.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2016, 04:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow...
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2016, 05:18 AM   #31 (permalink)

Finally the actual details come out.

Probably not all bad news.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I posted on that FB post asking if this means all of the electronic components as well. Haven't heard back yet. Before it looked like just the heli division but now it might be the entire company.
Steve_JR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the update - it's appreciated.

Quick question - what is the parts support plan/schedule for the Vibe NEX E8? I'm considering the purchase of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
To all of our valued customers:

We are contacting you today to share information regarding the recent changes at JR Propo. While we are sure you have already heard some information either from JR Propo, or various posts and rumors,we feel it is important as our valued customer that you hear the correct information, directly from JR Propo. We also realize that this communication should have been made sooner by us, but due to the many changes at JR, we are simply behind with this communication, and for that, we apologize.

- Supply (logistics and production)
JR has made the decision to close our Japan factory at the end of July 2016, located in Matsusaka, and move production of these products to our more cost effective Sanei factory, located in Malaysia. Sanei has proven for many years to produce high quality JR products at reasonable cost, and since current production was far from 100%, it makes good business sense for JR to move all Propo production to Sanei.

As for delivery of products, mainly for Japanese Domestic Market, JR is in the process of selecting an external logistics partner to handle shipment and delivery. JR regrets that these changes, although necessary, might cause some delays and inventory shortages until the Sanei factory, and our external logistics service is fully up to speed and operational. These transfers are scheduled to be completed by the end of September, barring any unforeseen problems or delays. JR thanks its customers for your patience during this transition, and we apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause.

- Development (Hobby and Industry)
With the decline of the Radio Control Hobby market World Wide, and the need for JR to grow and regain sales, JR must temporarily focus our main effort towards the multi-purpose industrial helicopter market. While it is true that for now, JR must focus most of our efforts for new product development towards the industrial projects, this does not mean that JR is planning to leave the RC hobby market.

Since JR is not a large company, our engineering staff and resources are somewhat limited, so our current engineers must give their main efforts to the industrial project to be successful. This of course means that there will be unfortunate delays in the development of new RC Hobby products, but we are sure that technologies learned during the industrial project will result in these technologies being applied to new JR RC Hobby products in the future.

Through our expansion to the Industrial RC Market, JR will gain not only a financial benefit to make our company stronger, but also the new technologies that will enable us to also become stronger in the RC Hobby business in the future. Please know that JR will continue to produce and provide current RC Hobby items, and new product development will increase once the industrial project has been realized. Please also know that JR Propo’s foundation has been for the RC Hobby business for more than 40 years now, and JR is still committed to the RC Hobby business for the future as well.

We do apologize to all of our loyal customers for temporary delays in supply and new product development, but we are confident that JR Propo will be much stronger and more capable company in the near future.

Best Regards:
Japan Remote Control Co.,Ltd.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
This is sad I really like the looks and quality of the Forza's and all the JR stuff. I was put off when Horizon shut down the Pro series, But I think they saw the hand writing on the wall in the RC helicopter market. I am afraid there will be more to come before things stabilize.
Agreed. First Thunder Tiger, now JR.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Thanks for the update - it's appreciated.

Quick question - what is the parts support plan/schedule for the Vibe NEX E8? I'm considering the purchase of one.
I don't know...maybe someone from JR knows about that specific model. I thought I heard that model is discontinued? If that is the case then you're probably looking at parts support for around 2 or 3 more years before it's completely stopped?
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post

I am curious about this as well because I have one that I just built not too long ago and really just started flying it. I like it a lot so I'd hate to see spares dry up. JR has such a large catalogue of models going back so many years, I hope they can continue to make parts for most of them.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2016, 08:38 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
..., it makes good business sense for JR to move all Propo production to Sanei.
As far as I know, in Malaysia JR produce RC parts only. Read the sentence carefully, it only referred to "Propo", which means RC (Tx, Rx, ...).

I have never seen JR helicopter parts made in Malaysia, but in Taiwan.

It was good that at least JR finally made an official statement. On the first instance it sounded good. However, there are many things still unclear, especially about the Helicopter Division.

Let's hope for another, better news in the near future.
Rex Batavia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Batavia View Post
As far as I know, in Malaysia JR produce RC parts only. Read the sentence carefully, it only referred to "Propo", which means RC (Tx, Rx, ...).

I have never seen JR helicopter parts made in Malaysia, but in Taiwan.

It was good that at least JR finally made an official statement. On the first instance it sounded good. However, there are many things still unclear, especially about the Helicopter Division.

Let's hope for another, better news in the near future.
That is exactly what I was thinking. This really got me scared because before all the news was about the helicopter division which has always been "JR Heli" but the press release only says "JR PROPO" which is their electronics division... They didn't specifically mention which products this applies to in their statement. I can only assume this means a delay (or as we have seen with other companies) a complete move away from everything consumer-grade (tx, rx, helis, etc.) as a whole.

Got me super spooked they are going to go flat on everything across the board and go entirely industrial for all products.

Does this mean we won't see any consumer grade product development (tx, rx, servos, etc...) ?????
Steve_JR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

I'm afraid we will face with lack of parts for JR helis even sooner than we expect.
Most of JR parts stocks even at RC Japan has dried out. People panicked and start making big orders for future.
And I don't think the stock will be renewed. There is no reason for retailers and hobby shops to make orders of parts and kits of "abandoned" models. They have their own business. As well as it is impossible for the factory to produce small parties of parts and send it one by one to end customers.
The same things has already happened with Outrage and Thunder Tiger.
Unfortunately for all of us JR left the market and all its faithful customers.
Tigron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what.i understand parts will be available by the end of sept from what I have heard. Now I could be wrong but speculating isn't gonna help or fix anything. All we can do is wait and see. Dumping the helis ain't worth it either as used helis ain't worth squat. Just as well fly them. One thing nice is the parts don't wear out fast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in