Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 500E w/AR7200BX BeastX re-build - Part 2

Hey, so before I even had the chance to break her in I decided to go flybarless. The weather is cold here and I like to mess around with what I have, so looks like I am going to be using the AR7200BX Spektrum/BeastX Flybarless unit.

I want to make sure I have no stupid tail vibrations this time around so the first thing I did was buy a metal RX tray and did the foam(that came with the AR7200BX)/aluminium/gyro tape mod. Now with the metal tray, should I flip it around so it goes into the frame or mount it normally? Should I mount between the 4 mounting points or can I mount it farther out? Or in a different location all together?

Here are a couple of pictures

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9229.jpg
Views:	1387
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	289341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9231.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	289342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9232.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	289343  
duytang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I don't have the answer. Is that the KDE plate? And do you have a sat for the receiver?
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateyhv View Post
Sorry, I don't have the answer. Is that the KDE plate? And do you have a sat for the receiver?
It's actually a Tarot metal tray and my LHS didn't have a satellite so I have to order one.

I was searching for mounting locations, and a lot of the pictures i'm coming across, the unit is mounted on top of the tail block... I thought that was a bad location because of vibrations? It would definitely be easier to do setup there though
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Tarot rx try for $5 just awesome!

KDE RX tray $22

Savings PRICELESS.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mount the tray upside down so you have proper acces to the pots (from underneath the helicopter).
Mount it with the connectors facing towards the rear of the helicopter. IMO its more important to have easy acces to the servo connectors than having a clean installation.
Remember to hot glue the sevo connectors to the Beast when you are finished. Just in case.
Use a short expansion wire to the tail servo so you dont have to mess with the hot glue if you destroy the boom in a crash. That if its an ESP.
pxpep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpep View Post
Mount the tray upside down so you have proper acces to the pots (from underneath the helicopter).
Mount it with the connectors facing towards the rear of the helicopter. IMO its more important to have easy acces to the servo connectors than having a clean installation.
Remember to hot glue the sevo connectors to the Beast when you are finished. Just in case.
Use a short expansion wire to the tail servo so you dont have to mess with the hot glue if you destroy the boom in a crash. That if its an ESP.
Thanks! That's how I mounted it. I didnt really like how spongy the stock foam was though, so I am using the grey 3m tape, then metal plate, then gyro tape now.

I also just ordered the Align 425D 3G blades. I hope they are good fbl blades, but they were half the price of others... so we will see. I doubt I could tell the difference anyways.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ar7200bx with multi blade head

Does anyone know if the AR7200BX supports the use of a multi-blade heads. I would like to know if it supports the adjustment of phase.
motogp4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by duytang View Post
I also just ordered the Align 425D 3G blades. I hope they are good fbl blades, but they were half the price of others... so we will see. I doubt I could tell the difference anyways.
The Align 3G blades are fine, i do prefer the Radix (non-FBL) blades but the differences are minor so go ahead and save the money
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm really liking the mavarikk FBL blades. A friend let my try his 3Gs and they gave a pretty good bobble with my style of flying, the Edge 423s are good too!

Good idea on the short servo extension on the tail servo! I use one on my ESC wire, so I can snag Data logs...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp4me View Post
Does anyone know if the AR7200BX supports the use of a multi-blade heads. I would like to know if it supports the adjustment of phase.
It do and with the use of a little piece of software "BeastX Microsettings" adjustment of swash plate phasing is also possible.
pxpep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it ok to put the satellite on the skids? Usually I have it mounted on the rear servo, but the antenna of the AR7200BX is already on that side. I was thinking of mounting the satellite on the rear right skid.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it will work but would be very vulnerably in a hard landing, why not try it on top of the boom block
Old 02-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet View Post
it will work but would be very vulnerably in a hard landing, why not try it on top of the boom block
If i put it on the top of the boom block, does routing the long antenna from the AR7200BX along the tail boom brace sound like a good location?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

as long as it is at right angles to the sat antenna
Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Architect of Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by duytang View Post
If i put it on the top of the boom block, does routing the long antenna from the AR7200BX along the tail boom brace sound like a good location?
If you run the antenna along a boom brace, don't secure it tightly. Maybe fab some hoops of some kind to route it through. In the event of a tail first crash, you could pull the antenna out of the unit if it is fastened to the brace.
Phoenix Sim, DX8, Gibson Les Paul, AMA #987871
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Maypole; 02-17-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Maypole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!

I finally have some time today to do some setup programming. If I bind without a satellite, do I have to rebind when my satellite comes?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yup
Old 02-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you did this rebuild , I am thinking of getting this gyro system. Will my dx6i work with this system?
hobdean is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just FMI (for my information) why would you have to rebind if adding a satellite?

Ken
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Every spektrum RX has it's own serial number, and you have to tell the TX to talk to that unit,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in