Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 03:09 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HV servo just means it can handle high voltage but it works just fine if not better (because of better quality servo nature) than low voltage servo both running at normal voltage. KST215 even running at 5v works much better than a lot of non-HV servos.

Last edited by DoubleCH; 01-05-2015 at 07:18 PM..
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
The 5055MG is a drop in metal gear servo
Hello Nick, I have three HS-5055 for my cyclics. If you know....what frequency and pulse settings should be used to program the AR7200BX...for these servos? tia
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruster View Post
Hello Nick, I have three HS-5055 for my cyclics. If you know....what frequency and pulse settings should be used to program the AR7200BX...for these servos? tia
Looks like Blue light 200hz and 1520us
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Looks like Blue light 200hz and 1520us
Thank you sir! Nothing can stop me now!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you sir! Nothing can stop me now!
Except for gravity
Old 01-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Except for gravity
Oh....yeah now that you mention it.....seems gravity may have been a factor in why I had to get new servos and other parts.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default thanks so much!

I'll be placing an order for some good servos, thanks to you guys!
It sure is nice to have this website to come to when you need help.
Especially when there is no one around to help.
Kudos to you
Johnwhipple is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default one more question

I'll be getting the 5065mg servos.
Do I use one of them for the tail as well?
Usually on stock ones, there is a "T" at the end of the part number.
Is there a difference?
Johnwhipple is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwhipple View Post
I'll be getting the 5065mg servos.
Do I use one of them for the tail as well?
Usually on stock ones, there is a "T" at the end of the part number.
Is there a difference?
That servo is too slow for tail use. Consider a mks ds480 if your running a 5v bec or wire in a diode if you want a good light tail servo or get a kst 215mg if you aren't worried about weight, if you aren't on a budget hands down get a ds95i
Old 05-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to add another servo to the cyclic servo list for people to consider...

Model: Emax ES09MD
Manufacturer: Emax
URL: Click Here
Price: $9.50
Weight: 14.8g
Speed (4.8v, 6v): 0.10s / 60*, 0.08s / 60*
Torque (4.8v, 6v): 2.3kg.cm, 2.6kg.cm

I've got 75 flights of hard 3D on these servos over the past week. According to my iCharger 406DUO's servo tester, these servos are about 20% faster than the TGY-211DMH servos; they're also a few grams lighter and supposedly have a higher torque. There is a little bit of slop in the gears; however, the slop was present when I opened them, and after 75 flights of hard 3D it hasn't gotten worse. In contrast, the TGY-211DMH servos I've got installed on another one of my 300Xs have several hundred flights and have zero slop in the gears; but they're also twice the price. The Emax DS09MD's mounting tabs are a bit weak looking, so be careful not to over-torque your mounting bolts when installing them. You can also buy spare gear sets for the Emax ES09MD. To summarize, if you want a cheap cyclic servo for a 250-450 sized bird, these would certainly be worth considering. So far I've had zero issues with them.

* I do NOT know if these servos will fit inside the stock 300X frame; I haven't tired them in the stock frame yet. I've been running them in the Lynx 300X frame. They required a super simple mod to fit inside the Lynx frame. All I had to do was take a hobby xacto knife and ream the mounting holes to make them a little bigger, since the mounting holes were 0.5MM closer together than most other mini servos I've used. The mod takes 10-20 seconds per servo.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
I'd like to add another servo to the cyclic servo list for people to consider...

Model: Emax ES09MD
Manufacturer: Emax
URL: Click Here
Price: $9.50
Weight: 14.8g
Speed (4.8v, 6v): 0.10s / 60*, 0.08s / 60*
Torque (4.8v, 6v): 2.3kg.cm, 2.6kg.cm

I've got 75 flights of hard 3D on these servos over the past week. According to my iCharger 406DUO's servo tester, these servos are about 20% faster than the TGY-211DMH servos; they're also a few grams lighter and supposedly have a higher torque. There is a little bit of slop in the gears; however, the slop was present when I opened them, and after 75 flights of hard 3D it hasn't gotten worse. In contrast, the TGY-211DMH servos I've got installed on another one of my 300Xs have several hundred flights and have zero slop in the gears; but they're also twice the price. The Emax DS09MD's mounting tabs are a bit weak looking, so be careful not to over-torque your mounting bolts when installing them. You can also buy spare gear sets for the Emax ES09MD. To summarize, if you want a cheap cyclic servo for a 250-450 sized bird, these would certainly be worth considering. So far I've had zero issues with them.

* I do NOT know if these servos will fit inside the stock 300X frame; I haven't tired them in the stock frame yet. I've been running them in the Lynx 300X frame. They required a super simple mod to fit inside the Lynx frame. All I had to do was take a hobby xacto knife and ream the mounting holes to make them a little bigger, since the mounting holes were 0.5MM closer together than most other mini servos I've used. The mod takes 10-20 seconds per servo.
Just as an update to this post... I now have 150 flights and one crash on the Emax ES09MD servos. I'm surprised how well these servos perform considering they're a mere $9 USD. The gear slop is still exactly where it was when I bought them (it hasn't gotten worse), and the servos did not get damaged in the crash (admittedly, it wasn't that hard of a crash). These are great little servos for the price and they have my recommendation. I still cannot guarantee that they'll fit in the stock 300X frame, since I haven't tried yet. For people looking for dirt-cheap cyclic servos, I would recommend these over the Corona 919MG. If I ever buy an OXY3, I would actually consider using these servos (no joke); I know they don't have specs that can match the KST-215MG, but they're lighter, less than half the price, and still perform well (I'd still use KST-215MG for the tail, of course).

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Just as an update to this post... I now have 150 flights and one crash on the Emax ES09MD servos. I'm surprised how well these servos perform considering they're a mere $9 USD. The gear slop is still exactly where it was when I bought them (it hasn't gotten worse), and the servos did not get damaged in the crash (admittedly, it wasn't that hard of a crash). These are great little servos for the price and they have my recommendation. I still cannot guarantee that they'll fit in the stock 300X frame, since I haven't tried yet. For people looking for dirt-cheap cyclic servos, I would recommend these over the Corona 919MG. If I ever buy an OXY3, I would actually consider using these servos (no joke); I know they don't have specs that can match the KST-215MG, but they're lighter, less than half the price, and still perform well (I'd still use KST-215MG for the tail, of course).
Thanks......put them on my wish list.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default turnigy 90S

So I just got 3 in, any input as to how well they will do in a 300× a little moding and they fit no prob.
txrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2015, 03:02 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

txrat......Wish I could help. You may end up being THE expert on these servos. Best of luck to you, and I see you've got your heli working again. Great job!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:32 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought a few of them for my friend's HK Bonsai wing. They seem to be not much slower than the Corona 919MGs (which are supposed to be much faster) that I'm running on my 300X and seem like the near-center response is not as lazy as the Corona (but not a problem in my 300X).

When HK had the MG90S on sale for $4.85 each, I picked up 3 planning to try out in my 300X but when mine arrived I found that they are stiff to turn by hand sometimes even seized altogether although they seem to run smooth under power. I don't recall my Corona even remotely close to not smooth when turned by hand, let alone seized. I took a closer look at the MG90S and realized the output shaft is not even square with the case. I don't even know if I'll try them in my 300X. I hope mine are just duds and yours might be ok. Take a closer look to see if the output shaft is square with the case and see if you can turn the servo by hand easily. Then the Corona 919MGs were on sale for $6 something so I picked up some for spare.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:11 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always thought turning a servo shaft by hand was putting too much stress on the gear train. Because of the broad ratio, even when you move the servo arm a very small amount, the motor shaft is forced to instantly spin very fast. It's like trying to push a car in 5th gear. There is considerable mechanical resistance due to the gear ratio which translates into stress. Just exactly how much depends on the particular servo. Obviously metal gears should handle it better.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:40 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I always thought turning a servo shaft by hand was putting too much stress on the gear train. Because of the broad ratio, even when you move the servo arm a very small amount, the motor shaft is forced to instantly spin very fast. It's like trying to push a car in 5th gear. There is considerable mechanical resistance due to the gear ratio which translates into stress. Just exactly how much depends on the particular servo. Obviously metal gears should handle it better.
Yes I think you should be a bit careful, especially with small servos with plastic gears... for instance E-Flite servos have gears made from dry biscuit grade plastic
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
No, remember how fast servo moves from one end to another? It's only a problem when the geartrain has too much friction indicating a bad servo geartrain. Doesn't matter plastic gear or metal gear. A good servo geartrain with reasonable efficiency (low friction) should have no problem to be moved by hand. This rumor has been floating around for so long because there're so many crapping servos out there.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^ I guess you are right dCH
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
No, remember how fast servo moves from one end to another?
I guess it's true digital servos for FBL helis are quite fast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in