Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got home from night flying, and we had a blast! Gonna have to head back in the morning to see the old and new friends off. Thanks to all...it's the best weekend of the year
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2015, 03:58 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayray View Post
Thanks to mickey for showing us your 12s trex 550! Really good flying!!!
Thanks. I had a good time. Thanks to all the hard work to everyone who put it on. Great lunch and dinner. Fun flying with great people.

Mickey
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great funfly! Thanks all for the good times! I met a lot of great people ( And I forgot many names!) please hit me up on facebook on my signature below if you have an FB account.

Thanks to Scott Dedic for putting together a great event!

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome Job Palomar people. Another excellent funfly.

Flying was lots of fun, food was wonderful, but mostly it's a blast seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Thanks to everybody who helped make this happen.

Also thanks to the night rig people. They are always a treat to watch.
Lottomunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Scott Dedic did an outstanding job setting all this up for an amazing Holiday weekend!! Huge thanks from all of us at Team Compass!!! Great times and amazing people and flying.

From a guy who brought only his heli and radio on a plane, I wanted for NOTHING the entire weekend, food, water, batteries, more food, charger use, coffee, use of RV's, tools, and even a jacket for hanging out in the chilly weather. Class for days! West Coast style

Scott

Team Compass Pilot
Scott Bowersox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 12:38 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would like to thank all the people that made this happen... Had a great time, one of my favorite fun flys!
nexusos46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #107 (permalink)
igc
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Had a great time! Thanks Palomar Rc flyers.
igc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My son and I came out Saturday and Sunday to watch and learn. We're newish to Helis and enjoy watching the hotshots throw down. We brought our new JR Forza 450 that we scored from Wild Thing Hobbys hoping to find someone to checkout the assembly/setup for us. Fred Wy (I Fly Helis) was there repping JR and gladly helped us out. I'm embarrassed to say that he spent more than an hour going thru the Forza correcting issues and tweaking the setup, teaching along the way. When all was done we had a flight-ready heli thanks to Fred and JR. Had our good friend Ray Nemovi maiden the heli and then my son logged a few flights on it. It's people like that that make this hobby so great. So thanks to Fred Wy, thanks to Ray Nemovi, thanks to Scott Dedic and team, Thank You!
-Chuck
ChuckR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

This was the most enjoyable FF I have attended. Great pilots, food, and company.

Thanks.
bobc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great weekend enjoyed every bit of it I was one of the first to arrive on Thursday, 1st to fly, last one to fly on Sunday and the last one to leave Sunday night Thanks Scott D for setting us all up Thanks Ah Clem for letting me hang out in the big tent, Thanks ApFreak for keeping us fed Captfly thanks for keeping us all juiced up Thanks for the raffle helicopter. Thanks Eric for updates on my Kosmik And everyone at the ff Can't wait till next year love this event

Compass Field Rep/KBDD Team pilot/Experiencrc.com
sewerfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 01:43 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I will try to fly there next year instead of just watching. Hopefully in a year I will have more skills to fly with the experts! They make me look like I'm just tooling around, there were some really great pilots there!
Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

I echo what Scott Bowersox stated above-Scott Dedic and the Palomar R/C Flyers club went out of their way for us (Team Compass) and KBDD. We all greatly appreciated the massive effort they made, their hospitality, and the organization that went into this great meet. We were treated like royalty!

We all had a wonderful four three days flying, meeting people, eating the great food, etc.

It was an OUTSTANDING fun fly!

Thank you to my fellow Team Compass members Jeff Pfeiffer, Scott Bowersox, and Corey Nellis, fellow Team JR member Fred Wy, and fellow KBDD Team Pilots Corey (again), Jeff (again), and Dylan Newby!

Special thank yous to Katie Hunter's father for feeding me, Pongo Lottermoser's father for loaning us the great, double canopy, Shane for putting up with me, Corey for all the hard work, and Kimba and Katie (who supervised everything). Good friends are the best reason to go to these events.

Last edited by Ah Clem; 05-27-2015 at 01:32 AM..
Ah Clem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Starting to get videos processed from the San Diego Fun Fly last weekend! First up, Scott Bowersox (last flight of last day) flying his Compass Chronos-note the fantastic auto at the end of the video!

Scott Bowersox Team Compass San Diego Fun Fly 20150524 (3 min 32 sec)
Old 05-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So many groups and people to thank but certainly not enough space here to do it. Thanks very much to Compass and Richard K. for helping to make this an awesome weekend. Scott B., Jeff P. and Corey N. for Compass support. Also a special thanks to Fred Wy from JR for his help on and off the field. Ray N. and of course my buddy Mickey J. from AssuranceRC for all of your efforts. Our other sponsors from AlphaRC,VRC Hobbies and Halo (good luck Donnie!). The guys from Horizon Hobby also showed us why they are a class act and a classy company, thanks for your continuing support. Mikado - thanks for coming and flying, everyone who saw you was amazed.

Lastly but certainly not least - a personal thanks to Brent, Shane and Corey for your friendship. I appreciated hanging out with you guys!

I hope everyone had a great time because that's what it's all about!
SDedic214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott, it was good meeting you and I want to thank you for for all your hard work to making this a great and enjoyable event.

Richard K. (Team JR), good seeing you again will have to talk on the next event to attend.

Will definitely be back next year year.

Fred Wy
flyinhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fred,

These guys look familiar...

Old 05-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #117 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Wish I could have made it up, even for a few hours. Just too hectic around here with a high school graduation and my anniversary...

Please post pics and video!

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big Thank You to everyone that made this fun fly happen. It it one of the best of the year. We did a lot of socializing and just having fun.
I really needed this weekend to get away from the "real world" for awhile. And there is no better way to do that than hanging out with my favorite flying buddies! Just to mention a few, Corey, Brent, Daniel, Richard... and many more. Jake great to meet you. Jeff it is always a pleasure to watch you fly those low headspeeds, my fellow desert friend. Scott thank you again for all your hard work putting this together.
Thank you to Edsel from Horizon Hobby for helping me tune my little helis. All the pros were fun to watch and always helpful.
Props to Tim Jones for that nitro flight just after sunset, always awesome.
See ya'll next year!
CapnFly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a great time at this year's event. Cannot wait until next year. Thanks to all that put on a great event.
aeronca46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in