Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2015, 08:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

I'm all packed up and about ready to head out there for the day. I know of at least 2 other people from our club who are going. See you all there.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2015, 12:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kenny, me and Zaid had a blast. Great weather, great event.

Apache Pass 2015 (0 min 57 sec)
brandontexas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a good time at Apache yesterday too. I got to meet JustPlaneChris from on here (and watch him win the V-bar radio in the raffle...lucky dog).

And here's is Zaid's demo flight. He's an impressive young flier!

Zaid demo flight- Helis over Apache (3 min 7 sec)
Old 04-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There may be other videos from a better perspective, but here's what I got of Tim Jones' demo flight.

Tim Jones Demo Flight Helis Over Apache (6 min 23 sec)
Old 04-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey guys,
First off I am not really sure where to begin. It was an amazing weekend. I want to thank all of you who attended our event this weekend. If it was not for you we could not do this. To all of our sponsors who donated there products to supporting our event, You are awesome! We were able to catch up with lots of old friends and also met some new ones. Shoot, we are already talking about our next event. A few days to recover and we will pull the calendar out and start planning for 2016.
From all of us at Fly Apache Pass........ A Big Thank You to all of you!
For those that did not get to make it. Don't miss next year!
A special Thanks to,
Kit Worley Owner, Apache Pass
Lanny Worley Owner, The Icehouse at Apache Pass
www.flyapachepass.com
To all of our sponsors, our hats are off to all of you!
MikadoUSA Ryan Witchey for donated the grand prize Vbar Control Radio
www.mikadousa.com
Tim Jones Two sets of Cyclone Blades. Simply amazing!
www.cyclone-blades.com
Only Fine Helis. Shannon Turner. Main blades, Kingmax servos, 250 quad kit and lipo bags. Great sponsor ship prizes! Thank you!
www.onlyfinehelis.com
KDS Helicopters for the Ebar Flybarless Controllers.. 3 of them.. Wow
www.kdsmodelsusa.com
Progressive RC for the adapters and the Jig.. Thank you!
www.progressiverc.com
Ron Lund, Heliproz South, Two 25 dollar gift cards. Excellent prize. Thanks! www.ronlund.com
Esprit Models, two shirts, two ball caps and two 25 dollar gift cards.
www.espritmodels.com
Rc Bearings, for the bearing kit. Will definitely go to use.. Thank you!
www.rcbearings.com
Castle Creations for the discount coupons. Very Helpful. Cool!
www.castlecreations.com
If I missed anyone I apologize. Just let me know.
I want to make sure all of you are recognized for the support you have given Fly Apache Pass.
Kenny
Old 04-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Kit was watching Tim during one of his flights. Afterward, he turned to a few of us and jokingly said, "I need to go back and check my insurance." We all got a chuckle out of it.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks Kenny to you and your crew for putting on a great event. Thanks to the sponsors too who help by providing support to the fun flies. Apache Pass is one fine facility to host a fun fly, this should be one awesome event in the future, maybe the IRCHA of the south.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had an awesome time attending my first funfly. Hats off to Kenny and his crew for organizing this. I ended up not flying electing instead to look, talk and learn while I had the chance. I got to spend some quality time with the Gaui guys, Matt N, Rusty H, and Robert A, and learned a ton. There were very generous with their time and knowledge, and I really appreciate it.

There are a bunch of HFers that were there that I did not meet though...maybe in the future we can have name tags that include our HF name.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I had to miss it.

Kenny, maybe you can get my plane tickets to me earlier next year. :-)
Old 04-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #30 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btheli View Post
There are a bunch of HFers that were there that I did not meet though...maybe in the future we can have name tags that include our HF name.
I thought about that too. I should have been better about trying to track people down. As usual at these events I get distracted by all the stuff going on and usually end up tagging along with the people I know.

We had a great time. I probably got about 4 heli flights and a handful of FPV flights in before it was all said and done. Richard let me test fly his DT520 as well. I really like the way it flies.

I loved watching that kid Zaid rip it up. Everyone always goes into the "well he's a kid and must sim a lot" crap, but he's definitely an impressive "compact dude." He came over and talked with us a bit and he was a cool kid. I'm sure he'll be one to watch in the years to come.

Congrats to Chris on winning the VControl. It couldn't have gone to a better guy and I know he'll put it to good use.

Thanks to everyone who put this on. We couldn't have asked for better weather on Saturday and I'm already looking forward to next year.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+2

I was hoping to meet up with you but didn't think about how hard that might be until I got there. The only reason Chris found me is that I had PM'd him to look for an old guy resembling Santa Claus. I still lost him in the crowd. LOL
Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
+2

I was hoping to meet up with you but didn't think about how hard that might be until I got there. The only reason Chris found me is that I had PM'd him to look for an old guy resembling Santa Claus. I still lost him in the crowd. LOL
Now that you mention it I think I do remember seeing you. I just didn't know it was you. I'm not as easy to pick out of the crowd. I was wearing shorts and gray shirt with a wide brim hat. Well, next time I'll make a better effort.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Yeah, I missed you too. I was the guy with a white beard wearing a DT team shirt and cap.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 04-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is off-topic, but this event made me wonder what else is available to go to in north/central Texas?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #35 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstoneberg View Post
This is off-topic, but this event made me wonder what else is available to go to in north/central Texas?
Hotter-n-Heli event in Alvarado on May 16.
Multirotor event at Apache Pass on May 22-24.
Aero Hobbies Fun Fly on Friday and Saturday of Halloween weekend in Grapevine.

Southern Rotary Classic is normally mid to late September in Pittsburg, TX (about 2 hours NE of DFW). I haven't heard whether it is actually going to happen this year.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Apache Pass also lists this:

ICE HOUSE FLY IN
Oct. 15th - 18th 2015
Multiple flight lines (fixed wing, Heli, FPV)
Plenty of room for multi-rotor fun
Lots of trails, suspension bridge, River for FPV
Full RV Hook-ups (Water, Sewage, Electric, Wifi) $10 a night!
Old 04-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
Yeah, I missed you too. I was the guy with a white beard wearing a DT team shirt and cap.
I meant to come by and say hi. I recognized you but each time I came down that way you looked to be involved in something, so I didn't really want push in and interrupt.

I didn't realize you were representing DT, that's pretty cool. Richard was nice enough to let me try his 520 out and I thought it flew great. I couldn't really tell much of a difference in flying characteristics between it and my X5 which is a good thing.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #38 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I meant to come by and say hi. I recognized you but each time I came down that way you looked to be involved in something, so I didn't really want push in and interrupt.
Next time, go ahead and interrupt. I'm sure it was nothing that I couldn't break away from to at least say "hi".

Quote:
I didn't realize you were representing DT, that's pretty cool. Richard was nice enough to let me try his 520 out and I thought it flew great. I couldn't really tell much of a difference in flying characteristics between it and my X5 which is a good thing.
It only happened within the last month or so. The 500-520 class is unique and, as far as I know, the DT520 is the only one in that category that runs a 6S 5000 pack, which makes it a perfect companion to a 700. The other thing that drew me to it was the battery placement on the V2, which allows for setting of perfect CG. I'm glad Richard let you fly his; I probably would have let you fly mine.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 04-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had a great time attending the event and most definitely be back next year. Here are a few pics and videos to share.

Pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=03b1f0762a

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...15+apache+pass
heliguy68 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
HF Support

Awesome George. Great job on both the photos and the videos. The walkthrough was sheer genius. Of course you had to pick a time I was way down at that furthest flight station. Oh well, I'm camera shy anyways. So thanks on all counts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in