Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by latte View Post
I experienced that first hand! Im unsure of what is little or too much regarding this
well typically you want to keep it in the CG range (especially if your still getting used to the plane) then you want to slowly (IE, very little weight) move it back until it flies the way you want it to.. I typically move my CG back about 1/4" at a time, unless its extremely nose heavy, then i may try a 1/2" jump, and then once it starts feeling really good, i may even use a 1/8" increment.
lookin for another Vibe 50
invertmast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, hardearned experience right here

I was sloppy and will now research how to properly find the cg and try your method of moving it back one bit at a time. And not just throw on some weights in order to win the lottery.

Thanks for great tips here btw!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using the recommended 12x6 prop and e-flite 480 power system. 3S 2100mAH and 2200mAH are seeing about 8 - 12 minutes depending on throttle usage. If i'm just flying around relaxing you can easily conserv the battery. If it's a little windy though, around 5 - 7 minutes.

I used the stock CG, maybe aft about 1/2" by moving the battery back in the tray. Flies great, didn't have to add anything. couple clicks of rudder trim (should have sanded the saddle more :arggg ) I increased the control throws, but found myself reducing the travel of the servos to fine tune it more to my liking. I like it to spin fast, but the wings need to stay on it :o The elevator is HUGE and the plane is pitch sensitive for me anyway, i added about 15% expo to the elevator to make inverted a little less touchy and jerky. Maybe i just drink too much caffine

It really flies good, and in breezes it does okay, but gets bounced around unless you push the power up a bit. Reverse high alpha's are pretty cool though

Forgot : I balanced the plane inverted

Last edited by EDMKing; 08-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
EDMKing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
Got my suhkoi today.. hoping to fly it tomorrow (took about 4 hours to build)..

How is the power with the park 480 for you guys on 3s? I did a bit of a full power run-up inside the house to see how much power the suhkoi had (park 480) and it seemed to lack enough to torque roll.. but we will see tomorrow hopefully.
The power with the eflite set up is great. It will hover and torque roll pretty quick due to the rpms required to hover it, around 3/4 throttle with calm winds. Maybe increase the pitch of the prop to give a little more thrust?
EDMKing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in