Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ESC for UflyS

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to rc helicopters and recently purchased a UflyS. Yesterday I had an issue with what seems to be the esc. I would pop in a new battery, synch the controller, give throttle and the motor would barely turn the blades. Later on it would barely turn the blades and then go to what seemed about 80% power and then quit. Anyhow, it got dangerous so I shut everything down.
I'm pretty sure the problem is the speed control and I was wondering if there is a "better" esc I could get without needing to upgrade my motor or batteries? My Ufly is the one with the 3 axis gyro.

Thanks in advance,
Roman
romanski is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure all the plugs are fully seated. There is one orange wire that is a battery sense voltage. If it is not fully connected, you will encounter this problem. Other than that, any other descriptions would be helpful. I had the same problem.
docktercolin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks docktercolin, i checked it a bunch of times, took all the connectors off, put them back on but still had issues. the speed control was warm to the touch even without using the motor. it got really bad and now it doesn't work at all.

My Ufly S came with the HM-UFLY-Z-36 speed control as seen on Wow Hobbies but Wow says that this speed control is not to be used on the Ufly (S) model only the Ufly. They recommend using the (FG-BLESC-18A) Feigao BL 18A ESC - 2-4S- Programmable which is what I ordered from them.

I contacted Walkera telling them about this issue two days ago and have not heard back. So far my opinion of their support is less than positive.
romanski is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in