Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Othello, WA Fall funfly Sept 26-28 2014

Best grass of any funfly field. BBQ for all to use, limited RV parking- no hookups.

This is most likely the 2nd best funfly in the NW!!

Directions: Those of you coming from Oregon: Come in to Kennewick from Oregon on interstate 82.Stay on 82 and go 3 or 4 more miles to Pasco (over the blue bridge) use Spokane exit to 395 north Stay on 395 for about 23 miles and you will take the Moses lake Othello exit highway 17 Go until you almost get to Othello and you will see a small sign on your right Bench Rd. Immediately after that on the right you will see a little bigger sign saying Adams county Fairgrounds. Take a LEFT there that will be Bench Rd. You�re almost there. Go thru a 2 way stop crossing Reynolds rd. Stay on Bench rd. go 5.6 miles you will come to a 4 way stop there will be a Conoco station on your right. That will cross with highway SR 24 2 or 3 more miles and you will see Mckinny rd. take a LEFT� mile and take a right on Hampton rd. field will be � mile up on you right. From Seattle: At Ellensburg Take I 90 towards Ritzville and Spokane. Stay on I 90 look for highway 26 Royal city Othello exit. Stay on highway 26 until you almost get to Othello and look for SR24 take a RIGHT. Go for a mile or two and take a Right on Bench rd.2 or 3 more mles and you will see Mckinny rd. take a LEFT.� mile and take a right on Hampton rd. field will be � mile up on your right.
Be careful of the sprinkler heads when pulling in We will be supplying a barbeque for those of you that want to use it.
Hope to see everyone there again

Bill Pierce
Sponsors:
Team Lower Heli
Team Rail Blades
Inov8tiveDesigns.com/
Scorpion
Pulse Ultra batteries
VP Racing/
Power Master Fuel
YS engines
Hatori USA
Voltmagic
Progressive RC
Model Avionics
Fromeco
Himilou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

bump
Himilou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 05:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

See ya there! ;-)
Hot Apple Pie Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Apple Pie Guy View Post
See ya there! ;-)
with how many gallons in tow?
lavaandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the question now isn't it? With all the funflies I've been to this year, I've definitely made more than I ever have! So... How much do you guys think would be adequate? I want enough so everyone who wants to can partake... But I don't like to bring any home after the Funfly... Lol.
Hot Apple Pie Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible to camp Thursday for folks that have to drive a fair distance? Thanks in advance

TREX 600PRODFC, ATOM 500, TREX450 PRO, BLADE 130X, MCPX BL, TREX150DFC,NANO QX
Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've shown up on Thursdays myself in the past... And a fair amount do also... Don't think that should be a problem...
Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Phil

TREX 600PRODFC, ATOM 500, TREX450 PRO, BLADE 130X, MCPX BL, TREX150DFC,NANO QX,1Si,51"Slick,VTX1800S
Old 09-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not been to a fun fly yet, but it looks like I will be able to make it to this one.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Apple Pie Guy View Post
That is the question now isn't it? With all the funflies I've been to this year, I've definitely made more than I ever have! So... How much do you guys think would be adequate? I want enough so everyone who wants to can partake... But I don't like to bring any home after the Funfly... Lol.
Hot apple pie guy I hear the guys going to the heli freak fun fly don't know what the hot apple pie is!!!!!!! Think you should show up and show them. The drive is not bad and the fun fly is great. oh yeah food is great too you will not need to bring any, they had breakfast, lunch and dinner last year.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm seriously contemplating it.. ;-)
Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is lower heli coming to this event ?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm noticing there are 3 funflies within a 3 week span...

Othello-
Tri-Cities-
Heli Freak-

Wanna attend them all, but it may be a financial stretch to do so... Gonna have to contemplate which ones I can make it to... As for Lower Heli... I dunno what his plans are... I can send Ken a message in the morning and ask... I'll try to get back to update this thread when I know... ;-)
Old 09-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaandy View Post
Is lower heli coming to this event ?
+1

I plan on crashing lots.

Also what are the pilots field fees, cannot find them anywhere with the googles.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI guys... I did get ahold of Ken from Lower Heli... He informed me that he has unpacked his trailer for the rest of the season.

We THANK him for all of his help with our Heli addiction needs at our funflies... But from here on out, we will need to supply ourselves with our crash parts and blades... And we all know how to get ahold of him online. Every time I've ordered through him the shipment was always faster than expected... So, be sure to get any orders in on time so you can bring your spares with you... And if you buy extras and bring spares... Don't be surprised if I hit you up for my own needs if necessary. Lol

Edit: traditionally, pilot fees at our local funflies have been in the $30-35 range... I'd expect it to be somewhere in that range... ;-)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should also post this info on the Northwest USA R/C Heli Community's Facebook page events calendar.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/394783883969710/events/
Old 09-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately something has come up, and I can't make it out to othello this weekend... :-(

Sorry guys. Have fun without me! I'll see ya at the next one in tri cities, and perhaps HF... I'm gonna try to hit those!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And a fine event it was! Some SERIOUS flying talent, mostly respectable weather, hot apple pie, and fantastic field!! See y'all next year!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

He'll yeah, it was a blast. I think I flew pretty well, but seeing some of those guys fly really inspired me to step it up.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha, I just realized I commented on the thread from Othello 2014. Oops. I was referring to the event this last weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in