Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WHAT KIND OF SCORPION MOTOR ON MSH PROTOS

Hello guys i'm gianluca from italy, i want to replace the msh motor included in the kit with scorpion motor series, what kind of scorpion is indicate to replace it? if is possible i need the code of scorpion motor to replace, thanks in advance
the3dmaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure what model you're talking about, but contact the guys at this link, they're the main distributor for Scorpion in the U.S., maybe they can guide you.
http://www.innov8tivedesigns.com/index.php?cPath=21_25
If it ain't broke, fly it...
JEB123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only Scorpion motor that is close is the HK-3026-1000. The slight difficulty is that the supplied motor is 800Kv and with the smallest pinion available, the 15T you need to run under 100% throttle as otherwise the headspeed will be around 3000rpm, Corrado says the optimum headspeed is around 2600rpm. The Scorpion motor is 1000Kv so you would need to run quite a low throttle % to avoid overspeeding the head.

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, i think is a good idea to reduce the motor efficincy to 80%, in this case the average head speed is around 2700 , i test it
the3dmaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm running 90% throttle to get the headspeed down below 2800rpm with the stock motor and 6S packs. If you look at the long owners thread on RC Groups there are a few using the 1000kv Scorpion motor.

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in