Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Brain Wiring Diagrams

Hi,

Here are a few Diagrams for wiring, hope this helps

Standard Receiver ( PPM )

Futaba S-Bus Receiver

Spektrum Genuine DSM2 and DSMX Satellites
kennyrach likes this.

Last edited by Fabien; 08-11-2012 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Adding S Bus+ Spektrum Diagram
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Great job! Thanks. It is good to see the servo layout when pluging them in. Less confusion as to where servos 1, 2, and 3 should should be located.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great diagrams Fabien,

I have the Brain connected with the Spektrum AR7100R and i'm find that the system retains power when switched off and i can't seem to find a reason why.

I am running straight Lipo 2S voltage to everything and i'm running a Futaba voltage step down for the tail servo which is connected inbetween the Brain and servo.

I assume that even though the RUDD/AUX2 outputs from the AR7100R are 5.2 regulated that the Brain will supply the straight 2S lipo voltage to everything?
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,

mmm it depends on how you wire the unit.

If you have direct HV output for cyclic servos and low voltage output ( 5.2V f) for tail, then the best is to use only the HV wires on the receiver side to power the Brain and make sure to have removed the tail " + " (red) wire fromt he plug so it does not feed for example HV throught he elevator connector and in adition 5.2 V via the tail.

I will check the exact spacs of your receiver and will make a wiring diagram tonight for you,

Best regards,

fabien
Old 08-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Online look at HV BeastX wiring setups posted here on Helifreak. You would normally split the signal wires off the cyclic leads so that you have 7.4v going to your cyclic servos only. The Brain + tail servo would be powered from the regulated 5.2v side sending just signal to the cyclic. Common ground is maintained through the battery. You might have to use the aux channel and the tail channel to power the Brain for redundancy.
sixback is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,

sorry for my late answer.

As you have a stepdown regulator between the Brain and the tail servo, you have to remove the red wires on the AUX 2 and RUDDER lines between receiver and Brain, so all servo bus is powered staight from the 2S lipo and the tail servo will be happy with the step down regulator.

On another hand, for that kind of configuration, you can also get rid of the 7100R as it is just useless here for that configuration ( as you can not use the 5.2v regulated outputs), and use satellites instead on the Brain

You will then just need to keep the stepdown between brain and tail Servo.

Most important is to keep signal and ground wires ( normally signal sould be enough but by precaution only remove the 5.2 V red wire) betwen AR7100R and BRain if you keep the receiver

BEst regards,

Fabien
Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm going to put a Brain on my Synergy N5C and will be running HV to my cyclic and tail servos with a Gryphon Duo regulator for my throttle servo. It's my first nitro and have never used a regulator. I didn't find any documentation on the Gryphon Duo. Does the regulator simply plug in between the Brain Throttle output and throttle servo?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbefield View Post
I'm going to put a Brain on my Synergy N5C and will be running HV to my cyclic and tail servos with a Gryphon Duo regulator for my throttle servo. It's my first nitro and have never used a regulator. I didn't find any documentation on the Gryphon Duo. Does the regulator simply plug in between the Brain Throttle output and throttle servo?
You are going to have to run the power and the ground to the regulator and the signal wire to the brain. Otherwise the HV will also go to the throttle servo from the brain.
Tommy Wagner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi to help everyone could the moderators please sticky this thanks andy
andygi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygi View Post
hi to help everyone could the moderators please sticky this thanks andy
All these diagrams are located in your Brain software, Basic Wizard step #3 "Receiver Configuration"
GRIMX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi yes it is located in the software but why not sticky it for a quick reference for the guys that have a problem and come on asking for help and a diagram.
as fabien took time out to do them for the first of us to use them on first release especially as he doesn't work for msh is bit of a waste, these pictures are as good to the newby as his tuning guide is to the more experienced.
andy
andygi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

just wanted to say that I think it's hilarious how i stumbled onto this thread. I'm a neuroscientist and am just doing some basic research on the internet. and Voila! a Helifreak thread pops up at work! I can't escape you, Helifreak!

Brain wiring diagram. LOL!
WonderedUnder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, i will use a voltage regulator from Gryphon.
Should i remove the red wire between reg and ikon for servo 1, 2, 3 and only provide power on CH3/SREC or should i keep all the red wires and provide power width CH3, SRV1, 2, 3.

The Cyclic servos will be powered by the reg (6v) and the tail servo directl by the brain (5.2v).

Thank you for your feed-back.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is it that easy?

I could really use some help on a wiring diagram. I just purchased a new Ikon flybarless system to install in my blade 300x. I have a spectrum receiver with a satellite. the diagram shows using the satellite only.is that correct? if so I don't understand how to make it work with just the satalite.any help would be greatly appreciated.
tisha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 12:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, you can use the satellite only. Set up is pretty simple.
Open the software in "demo mode" to begin with.
In the next window you chose either a full sized or micro unit if you have the newest software, which I would suggest (full size I assume in your case). Otherwise, the software will just open.
In each panel there are instructions on the left hand side. Read them closely.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 05:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wire diagrams in brain software have improved. But in the pic software the gov port layout is not printed. Could this be added?
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 09:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderedUnder View Post
just wanted to say that I think it's hilarious how i stumbled onto this thread. I'm a neuroscientist and am just doing some basic research on the internet. and Voila! a Helifreak thread pops up at work! I can't escape you, Helifreak!

Brain wiring diagram. LOL!
Old 11-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sub'ed

Need to learn everything about heli systems, what a daunting task when you start from scratch...
DX8 & DX9 | Rakon 200 SR X | Nano CP S | Nano FPV QX | Rakon NQX (MMW CL-0615-14 Motors) | ImmersionRC Vortex | Lynx Oxy3 (Building) | Bixler 2 Long Range FPV Project | HK Rarebear War Bird Speedster Project (Goal: 150-180mph) | Misc. HK foamies
The_Norwegian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brain2 HD wiring

Hello all,
so I'm powering my Brain2 HD with the hd power plug, and just want to confirm it is the bottom 2 contacts on the multiplex plug that the power goes thru. It appears that is the intention on the schematic, but not 100% clear.

Also, Why did MSH use a 6 contact plug for a 2 contact job?

Thanks in advance

OK, nevermind, the HD power connector pin melted when i touched it with my soldering iron... Going back thru a servo connector in port 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brain2 wiring.jpg
Views:	3950
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	670612  
Citizen - #202
Dowquest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowquest
nevermind, the HD power connector pin melted when i touched it with my soldering iron...

?? hmm, it sounds like a there is a story here that needs to be told
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in