Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking into various web sites looking for a good deal on G770 I noticed there are two packages labeled as G770T and G7703D.

See below a question (unanswered) with photos of the two

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t380119p1/

Can anyone explain the difference? Is it the same only in a different package? Or two different gyros?
ayash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #222 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

I think they're the same gyro. I believe one (the 'T') is the European packaging and the other (the '3D') is the US packaging. Finless mentioned something in his G770 videos about getting the European packaged version.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
I think they're the same gyro. I believe one (the 'T') is the European packaging and the other (the '3D') is the US packaging. Finless mentioned something in his G770 videos about getting the European packaged version.
He got a JR 770T for his Protos build videos.
mjbrands is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

is this a good gyro? would you put it in T-REX 250?
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #225 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I dont think this gyro will fit in a Trex250.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #226 (permalink)

First of all, thank you for the videos, very, very helpful. It's allways better to see what's going on. I have the 7703D on my 450SE and, with your help, have been able to finally get it set to where it is back in flying order. I just got the Align 500E scale fuse for it. I am going to have to remount the servo (S9650) from the side to straight under the boom to get it to fit and possibly install a new control rod (came with fuse).
Any imput, or will I just need to fly and try?
I know that this gyro is pickey and also likes a certain control rod length.
Any insight, sugestions or ideas will be apreciated.
Thanks
Kratos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #227 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I dont think this gyro will fit in a Trex250.
Agreed. A GY401 barely -- and I mean barely -- fits (at least if a buddy of mine's 250 is any indication) and the G770 is taller.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob great vids by the way do you use Expo on the JR770 as i have piro rate set through Dual rates some say you should dial in 40% Expo true or not thanks
Dave.........
mr wokka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

The JR doesn't ahve expo set IN the gyro like most. So 40% expo is like 0% on most other gyros.

So I would start by dialingin 50% expo before flying, then tweak to your preference.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2009, 01:02 AM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've read through the thread that got Bob into doing this video review (Spartan vs 770 3D), I watched his field test video, and read through every page of this thread.

I have not seen Bob's actual opinion on the performance of this gyro.

If someone has seen it, if you point it out, I would appreciate it.

If he hasn't given one, I would appreciate hearing your (Bob's) official opinion about the performance of this gyro.

I was thinking about upgrading from my 401, because this inconsistent piro rate (especially in windy conditions) is starting to bug me.

As always, thank you Bob for all your work and putting up with all (us) newbies. I couldn't have successfully gotten started on my own without your vids and the help of all the HF members.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 AM   #231 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The one weakness it has IMO is the brutally abrupt stops at the end of piros. Some people have actually reported stripping torque tube gears from it stopping so fast. It's nothing that can't be overcome by changing the way you stop your piros, i.e. easing your way that last little bit to center stick.

It holds rock solid in a hover. When I was breaking in the engine on my T-Rex 600N, the tail held steady even with a brisk crosswind. The piro rates have been consistent left and right, certainly *much* more so than the 401 on my Diablo.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

More expo.

Remember the 770 3D doesn't have ANY interanl expo. So 40% expo is like 0% on other gyros. You want to use 50 - 60% expo with this gyro.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken22golf View Post
I've read through the thread that got Bob into doing this video review (Spartan vs 770 3D), I watched his field test video, and read through every page of this thread.

I have not seen Bob's actual opinion on the performance of this gyro.

If someone has seen it, if you point it out, I would appreciate it.

If he hasn't given one, I would appreciate hearing your (Bob's) official opinion about the performance of this gyro.

I was thinking about upgrading from my 401, because this inconsistent piro rate (especially in windy conditions) is starting to bug me.

As always, thank you Bob for all your work and putting up with all (us) newbies. I couldn't have successfully gotten started on my own without your vids and the help of all the HF members.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing Where does it sit compared to others?

I have a 7703D w/ 3500G coming that I didn't expect to win on ebay (for $150) and I didn't know if it would be worth the trouble to switch it out. (vs 401 w/ 9257)
Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #234 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well comparing the Spartan to the JR770 is an apples to oranges comparison!
The Spartan has far more adjustments and features and can be tweaked more to a certain pilots liking.... If the price of these 2 gyros was the same, I would go with the Spartan any day.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default JR770 Set-Up Issues

First I must say I have found Finless Bob's how to videos amazing. They have been instrumental in learning all about my TREX 450.....as a "planker" I had some knowledge of R/C toys however very little on helos and setup. Thanks Bob!
My issue and question is related to setting up a JR 770 gyro on a TREX 450 with a JR XP7202 radio. I have set up the gyro according to the instructions and Bob's tutorials. The gain lead is on my GEAR channel and I am using gear travel adjustment to set it. When I have the travel adjustments both + and -set to 0%, the tail servo moves left and right coming back to center each time when the stick is centered. If I add some gain on the + side (have tried 30-60% on travel adjust), moving the rudder stick causes the servo and tail rotor to move and just as in the videos, it will not completely return to center since there is gain set in the travel adjust. My problem is that when I move the tail left and right, the gyro is not sensing tail movement and NOT compensating by feeding in tail rotor pitch. I have tried everything I can think of and am still stuck All else appears to be operating as it should and the gyro and servo (JR3500) are both brand new.
Can anyone help me out troubleshooting this one? Iwould appreciate any suggestions on this matter. I am convinced it is a setup issue but don't know enough to sort the problem out.
Hercman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was using this gyro initially with a S9254 servo and I was getting some wag when turning but none in hard 3d. I upgraded to a 8900G servo and I never looked back since. I dont have problems with it even on fast piro's my expo is 50 and my gain on dx7 is 63 on gyro menu using KBDD blades. I find it its better with KBDD than the stock CF blades. backwards flight really holds well even when I try to push it really hard. Im very happy with it.

Edward
Empot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercman View Post
First I must say I have found Finless Bob's how to videos amazing. They have been instrumental in learning all about my TREX 450.....as a "planker" I had some knowledge of R/C toys however very little on helos and setup. Thanks Bob!
My issue and question is related to setting up a JR 770 gyro on a TREX 450 with a JR XP7202 radio. I have set up the gyro according to the instructions and Bob's tutorials. The gain lead is on my GEAR channel and I am using gear travel adjustment to set it. When I have the travel adjustments both + and -set to 0%, the tail servo moves left and right coming back to center each time when the stick is centered. If I add some gain on the + side (have tried 30-60% on travel adjust), moving the rudder stick causes the servo and tail rotor to move and just as in the videos, it will not completely return to center since there is gain set in the travel adjust. My problem is that when I move the tail left and right, the gyro is not sensing tail movement and NOT compensating by feeding in tail rotor pitch. I have tried everything I can think of and am still stuck All else appears to be operating as it should and the gyro and servo (JR3500) are both brand new.
Can anyone help me out troubleshooting this one? Iwould appreciate any suggestions on this matter. I am convinced it is a setup issue but don't know enough to sort the problem out.
Are you sure? The tail pitch slider will move slightly (more the faster you move the tail) while the heli is being rotated, but it will come back a bit when you stop. So you have to watch carefully, WHILE you rotate the heli.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Old 02-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just in case someone needs to print off the manual: http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...structions.pdf
Redfire SVT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Half way down page the 770 is setup for a Trex 500. http://madcow-productions.com/mluciaheli/?p=22
Redfire SVT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Double Checking Formulas

So I watched the Gain 101 video, and the formula given for finding true gain using end points is:

endpoint / 1.44 = true Gain

But when I watch the video, when Bob sets the end point at 150, the gyro reads 113 and in another spot when the endpoint is 32, the gyro reads 25

The formula used to match these numbers is: endpoint / 1.33

What am I doing wrong? Just want to know what the gain is that I'm currently running before I go to the gyro menu, and start setting up my 7703d.

povern

VControl, Neo, Hobbywing, Goblin 570(s)
povern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
101, dual rates, expo, g770, gyro, gyro setup, jr g770, video, videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in