Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #281 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I was buying now, I would get the VX1e again, the convenience of the integrated USB port is a big advantage for me. But because you are setting them up via the Datapod and price doesn't matter, why not go with the better sensors of the n? They should be more resilient to vibrations but flight characteristics should be pretty much the same on both units.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #282 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Pinpoint Sensors on the VX1 and VX1n are more resistant to vibration. But the InvenSense sensor in the VX1e is still resistant to vibration. Its like comparing two water resistant items where one is a little better. They both work.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #283 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I figure a 700 deserves the better sensors so I chose the VX1n for the Rush Evo.

The VX1e was on the Rush 750 but the Rush is gone now and the VX1e was installed on the Forza 450. It's working great for well over 30 flights now.
markrj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #284 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Chris. It just might make sense to have the vx1 with the remote sensor. It would help out with wiring and sensor placement most of all. If wiring is not going to be an issue then for the nitro i would suggest the vx1n just for better vibration resistance. If money is no object get the best you can

sent via roflcopter to tapatalk
Boinker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #285 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I agree with you guys. I just ordered 3 vx1n. And 2 vx1e. Sold all my 7 icon units. Now every heli in my fleet will have a vortex I'm now in the family 100% the last straw was my I could not get rid of a tail blowout I installed the vortex e. First flight problem solved. I'm not bad mouthing ikon. I'm sure with a lot of dialing it in it would have been OK bot the voetex. Rock solid first time. More flight time less tinkering loving the vortex
Chris ryan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #286 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys hoping someone can help me with my vx1e. I have it installed on a Jr e6, the tail is butter smooth. So my first problem is I cant get a blue light. The motor beeping is making it solid red, whenever I unplug the motor I can get a blue light, and this may be affecting my second problem

I have a slow tail wag left to right like it's hunting. I can turn it up enough to get a fast wag but never can get rid of the slow.

It also wags when I do a hard stop which I believe to be the stop gain so I'm working on that.

Any help is appreciated
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #287 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The main thing we need to get that light blue before messing with the tail settings. What I do sometimes is put the palm of my hand on the head button and press down on the heli holding it all in place while the gyro initializes. This may help you get the blue light.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #288 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Active thread in the Vortex forum.

Sent via phone
Old 10-25-2014, 12:36 AM   #289 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished up with 250 basher heli. If it holds together and doesn't give me a lot of trouble I'll spring for a VX1e...perhaps maybe a VX1n for my 7hv and use it's e on the basher. Decisions, decisions....
Old 10-25-2014, 02:22 AM   #290 (permalink)
Registered Users

The VX1e on a Trex 250 is a perfect match, easy to setup, totally locked in, and very, very capable.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #291 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just replaced my trusty 3GX with a VX1e... My 700n flys, no corrections, no compromise, just flys :-)
HedgeHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #292 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHeli View Post
Just replaced my trusty 3GX with a VX1e... My 700n flys, no corrections, no compromise, just flys :-)
Good to hear that the VX1e is flying nice on a nitro. The sensor is more than capable of handling vibrations then. I cant justify a VX1n purchase for my 700 instead of an E.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #293 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeHeli View Post
Dude i went from a 3gx 4.0 to a vx1e and there just is no comparison. Its like comparing prunes to peaches. The gyros for the price is just in a class by itself.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:26 AM   #294 (permalink)
Registered Users

Doing my maiden flight with the goblin 500 and vx1e today.
I had almost 300 flights with the mini vbar, i'm curious if i will notice any differences
mr. mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #295 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. mark View Post
Doing my maiden flight with the goblin 500 and vx1e today.
I had almost 300 flights with the mini vbar, i'm curious if i will notice any differences
good luck, remember the best landings, no matter how sloppy, are the ones you can walk away from
hypnotoad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #296 (permalink)
Registered Users

Overall feeling: happy

The tail is super, as i expected. During pyros the heli stays at 1 place, which is nice.
But: during pitch up i see it also gives eleron up, not yet sure where i can change this.

I didn't have to change much though, I increased the tail gain a bit and reduced the main gain as a saw some wobbles after cyclic input

Oh, and i managed to land all 4 testflights on it's feet
mr. mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #297 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Going back into the Spartan family. I never had anything match up to the performance of my Quarks, I've wanted a vortex since I heard about it.

Vx1e on the way!!

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2014, 06:15 PM   #298 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitbse View Post
Going back into the Spartan family. I never had anything match up to the performance of my Quarks, I've wanted a vortex since I heard about it.

Vx1e on the way!!
You will not regret it. That is for sure. The last time i flew i felt like the cyclic was not responsive enough. I figured it would make tic tocs easier so i tried it out. In thre back of my mind i was thinking it would make my.hover not as precise. By was i wrong. Lol. Still holds a great hover at the high rate. However i did over shoot a turn angle one time. Lol. But its a great unit and you will enjoy it.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #299 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinker View Post
Dude i went from a 3gx 4.0 to a vx1e and there just is no comparison. Its like comparing prunes to peaches. The gyros for the price is just in a class by itself.

I just did the same 2 weeks ago for my 450L (I was on 5.0 3gx). It does fly night and day with the VXe1, tuning wise I did nothing but lower my tail gain and change from 3d to BK settings as the BK settings fly smoother to me than the 3d did, but the 3d on its own was much much better than the 3gx.

Where I live its very windy in the afternoons, sometimes I fly in over 20mph winds with the 450L. The 3gx was just flat out scary to fly in winds like that, the heli would Porpoise tail down nose up flying into the wind, as well as raise and fall. The Vxe1 takes it and just blasts through it. It will raise and fall a little but the tail and nose relationship stays very planted.

The G500 in the wind and Vx1e is like a tank, it really is not bothered at all.. even in ~20-25mph winds. That alone keeps me flying in conditions I typically would leave the field over in the past.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #300 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
The VX1e on a Trex 250 is a perfect match, easy to setup, totally locked in, and very, very capable.
Ill know soon enough. VX1e showed up for it today

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in