Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejeremy View Post
Hello Finless

The swash menu in the sd-10g is very confusing to me do you have a video in the making? Also in one of the videos you said you were gunna cover the surface menu... sorry dude you got me addicted to your videos and this sweet @$$ transmitter.....Johny 5 needs more info!!!!

I ditched my 9303 for the sd-10g and I'm never looking back!! Thanks to Mr Tyler

Can't wait for some more

P.S. I need stick stops asap!!!!
You're not alone. They had me stumped for a bit when I got mine too. Sweet part is once you get it all figured out there is the ability to tune out any pitch interactions w/cyclic movement. Really nice feature although it makes things a bit more confusing. Until Finless gets time to make a vid if you have any questions give me a hollar. I'll do my best to explain. My 450 Pro is up and running better than ever w/this transmitter and I feel quite familiar with it. Now if they'll only manage to get the 6 channel park flyer recievers off backorder I'll get the 250 going too!
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 04:06 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore View Post
Switches are available from Hobby People. No need to send it in.

TM
Hobby People don't sell to foreign addresses. Are these switches available elsewhere?
askiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 AM   #123 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejeremy View Post
Hello Finless

The swash menu in the sd-10g is very confusing to me do you have a video in the making? Also in one of the videos you said you were gunna cover the surface menu... sorry dude you got me addicted to your videos and this sweet @$$ transmitter.....Johny 5 needs more info!!!!

I ditched my 9303 for the sd-10g and I'm never looking back!! Thanks to Mr Tyler

Can't wait for some more

P.S. I need stick stops asap!!!!
Hi Jeremy.... I was away in Hawaii on vacation
I will have the videos up on the surface menus up in 48 hours! Stay tuned!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post

Bob
Tsk...tsk...tsk.... you shouldn't tell lies like that Bob. m Just giving you a hard time man. Been using my 10G for about 2 weeks now and absolutely loving it. Now if Airtronics would get the 6 channel park flyer recievers off backorder I'd have the whole fleet coverted over.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

HAHA!!

I just check to see if the park 6 ch was in at hobbypeople.net and the new back order date is 11-18-09..... SOOOO maybe if they don't chage the date AGAIN you can get one.

nwmtech do you have stick stops? My (9303) that I ditched had a shorter collective.

Ejeremy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I gave up on keeping tabs of the backorder date. I think my LHS has an order in for about half a dozen of them so I'll just snag a couple when they get some in.

No stick stops. Kinda wish I did though. This definitely has a longer throw than the DX6i I came from. It's kinda weird but it really seems like having that longer throw has taught me a lot more collective management as it just didn't "feel" right moving the sticks so far when I first flew it. Maybe it's just a mental thing but I swear it bumped my level of flying up a bit.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stick stops and 6 channel RX's will be here very soon.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I sure hope so. I've got the 7 channel in my poor 250 right now just so I can keep it flying. Want to put a 6 in there. Swap the 7 to the 450, and put the 8ch into the new 600 that's coming soon. I've never flown with stick stops so I'm really not sure what the advantage to having them is.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Weird thing happened today. As I inserted a 2S LiPo into radio after charge, the connector shifted and as a result I connected it with the opposite polarity. I did not turn on the radio, but before I managed to pull out the connector, a smoke came out of the battery connector area. Fortunately, the radio still works when a main switch is turned on, but it stopped working with display button. I am able to fly, which is a big luck. But when I turn off the main switch, the screen shows funny lines. It did not happen when the display button worked.

Probably it might help if there was some protection against wrong polarity when a battery is connected.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the Airtronics doesnt have a fuse like JR and Futaba radios?

i did the same thing with my JR x9303 and only ended up having to change the little fuse inside the radio, nothing else got damaged.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post

Bob
Still waiting

Greg
Greg B is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #132 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You guys asked me to report about Airtronics service, so here it is:

All I can say is WOW, , WOW, the service is unfreakingbelievable.
The switch that got bent when I dropped the Tx broke off, so I took it to the HobbyPeople where I bought it last Tuesday which was 11/10/09. I filled out a service request sheet, and I put on there that it was my fault the Tx was broken, told them I dropped it face down on pavement and broke the switch. The store said the Tx would be shipped the next day, and they would call me when it was in.

I got a call from them today at work 11/17/09, only seven days later, they said my Tx was back and I could come pick it up whenever I wanted. I said cool and told them I would pick it up on my way home from work. I forgot to ask how much the repairs would cost me. So, I went there fully prepared to pay something, and they told me there was no charge at all. Its fixed back to brand new condition for free. I could not believe it.

So, I can report that Airtronics is an awsome company to deal with, they really care about customer sevice, I am 100% satisfied with my repairs, and I was shocked at the fast turnaround time, and the fact they did it for free.

I really love this radio, and after dealing with Airtronics customer service, I love it even more, they will have me as a customer for a long time.
sd0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #133 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Still waiting

Greg
Sorry they are done just not have had time to compress them for upload.... My real job is kicking my ass after having to let a contract go

SOON trust me

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs View Post
So the Airtronics doesnt have a fuse like JR and Futaba radios?

i did the same thing with my JR x9303 and only ended up having to change the little fuse inside the radio, nothing else got damaged.

Apparently, there is no fuse. Worse than that, the radio stopped transmitting also, in the middle of the flight. Surely enough, helicopter crashed. Display and all menus work, both green and red lights are on. I tried to bind with 2 different receivers, green light blinking, but receivers don't bind. So it's not transmitting anymore, perhaps.

Unfortunately I did not order the radio from Hobby People. So I'm still unsure where can I fix it
Old 11-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiba View Post
Unfortunately I did not order the radio from Hobby People. So I'm still unsure where can I fix it
If you check with the dealer you purchased it from they should be able to tell you who the local distributor is. Ripmax is the UK distributor and LRP is the German distributor... I'm not sure if there is one closer to Israel. Global can service your SD-10G regardless of who it was purchased from, they just aren't able to honor the warranty of radios not purchased through their dealers. Since this wouldn't be a warranty issue anyway that would not matter.

-Farrell
Farrell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still cannot find international service able to estimate the repair price. Interesting, how many warranty repairs Airtronics will have because of missing protection for wrong polarity? They suggest using 2S LiPo, and it's so easy to plug it wrong.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bummer you can't get anyone to give you a quote. I really don't think Airtronics will consider it "warranty" work. It's not like the radio failed on its own. If they wanted to get technical they would be correct that the connector is keyed (angled edges on the connector/radio) and designed to only go in one way. From the sounds of it though they've had great customer service and might even fix it for free. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by askiba View Post
Still cannot find international service able to estimate the repair price. Interesting, how many warranty repairs Airtronics will have because of missing protection for wrong polarity? They suggest using 2S LiPo, and it's so easy to plug it wrong.
Are you serious, you plugged in the battery wrong and Airtronics takes the rap for that? The first week that I had the prototypes I switched to a LiPo pack for the TX but it is easy to wire it up correctly. The plug that the battery uses is a pretty tight fit and the center lead is positive while the outside lead is negative so it is really hard to screw things up.......not to mention the fact that the polarity is marked on the case right by the plug socket. Don't take this the wrong way but how can a manufacturer make a battery connection immune to a user mistake in this case?

Send the radio to Global in CA and they will fix it, or send it back to Japan for service. No one can estimate the repair costs until they see what you did to it.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Are you serious, you plugged in the battery wrong and Airtronics takes the rap for that? The first week that I had the prototypes I switched to a LiPo pack for the TX but it is easy to wire it up correctly. The plug that the battery uses is a pretty tight fit and the center lead is positive while the outside lead is negative so it is really hard to screw things up.......not to mention the fact that the polarity is marked on the case right by the plug socket. Don't take this the wrong way but how can a manufacturer make a battery connection immune to a user mistake in this case?

Send the radio to Global in CA and they will fix it, or send it back to Japan for service. No one can estimate the repair costs until they see what you did to it.

TM
+1!! I was just trying to be nice the first time.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Are you serious, you plugged in the battery wrong and Airtronics takes the rap for that?
In 3 weeks I emptied may be 5 or 6 lipo batteries on this Tx, and plugged them correctly, checking the minus marks, etc. On the last battery it shifted when I inserted the 2 wire connector to 3 wire socket, and went opposite. I realized the mistake immediately, but it was too late. You don't even have to turn the radio on to burn it. Of course it was my fault, I did not tell I blame anyone.

But anyway, if someone bought the radio from LHS, he would surely enough demand warranty repair. He will just say "it worked and then stopped working". So I said "interesting how many warranty repairs it will cause", not meaning anything else.
Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way but how can a manufacturer make a battery connection immune to a user mistake in this case?
Could this help? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in