Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > neXt Flight Sim

neXt Flight Sim neXt Flight Sim for Mac, Windows, Linux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking New heli flight sim neXt

There is a new heli sim on the market it is called "neXt" i seen some videos of it today and thought that looks decent and the sound is honestly fantastic!

So being the heli addict i am and at less then $50 i thought what the hell lets give it a shot!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBVXIYysS0&feature=g-user[/ame]

It is also compatible with the realflight 6 transmitter even tho the switches for throttle hold and idle up 1 and 2 have not yet been configured by the sim manufacturer!

I messaged them today when i could not figure out how to get the switches to work and was informed they are still working on that!

If this is the first look at this sim and they will improve on it, this hands down will be a game changer in the simming market!!

So far im really enjoying it and really it can only get better!

Cheers Keith
heli-insane is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sent Klaus the developer some more questions about his sim and here is the message i recieved back from him!

Hi Keith,
thank you very much for your posts and spreading the word.
I'll add an additional volume control in the next update. Then you can set it louder. At the moment, I'm working on a higher panorama image resolution. I have already extended the flight area to 300 meters. Previously it was 250 meters. There are 5 further scenerys in the pipeline where you can fly away over 500 meters. The red security area will be removed in the near future. Yes, until December 2013 are all updates for free. Further helicopters, sceneries and functions are planned. At the moment, you can switch the flight conditions by using the keyboard 1, 2, 3 and 4. Simply press h to see all the keyboard commands. I guess, the switches of the RF controller can be accessed as switches instead of standard channels. I keep you updated.
Thank you very much for your postings.
All the best,
Klaus
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I downloaded the demo. Looks great by the way, but I couldn't get it to work with my usb transmitter(it's only a cheap dynam usb type). I couldn't figure out how to assign the right channels to the tx. Would definitely like to give this a try(maybe I can figure out how to get my FS-TH9X to work.
slykyfox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by slykyfox View Post
I downloaded the demo. Looks great by the way, but I couldn't get it to work with my usb transmitter(it's only a cheap dynam usb type). I couldn't figure out how to assign the right channels to the tx. Would definitely like to give this a try(maybe I can figure out how to get my FS-TH9X to work.
Slykyfox, it does seem alot of people are having problems with trying to calibrate the transmitters! When you open up the simulator press H to open up the help screen!

Here you will see 7 different options! The option you are looking for is Simulator!

The first option you need to definately change is the stick mode! I am sure you are flying mode 2! They give four different stick modes!

Select mode 2 or the number 2 in this option!

Next you will want to calibrate input device! Click start calibration and follow the directions exactly as displayed!

I can gaurantee this will solve your issues and you will get to give neXt a quick sampling!

Let me know if that works?

Cheers Keith

Last edited by heli-insane; 12-08-2012 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: dam typos
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Keith,
Is there a Mac Version too?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking neXt availble for apple computers as well!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuvieleTeile View Post
Hey Keith,
Is there a Mac Version too?
Yes there is a mac version as well!!!

cheers Keith
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just noticed this sim in the mac app store, does it work with the usb cable that comes with the Phoenix rc sim?
ntotheo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntotheo View Post
I just noticed this sim in the mac app store, does it work with the usb cable that comes with the Phoenix rc sim?
I was curious of the same thing. Hopefully someone can confirm, if not I'll download the demo later and see.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSpawn78 View Post
I was curious of the same thing. Hopefully someone can confirm, if not I'll download the demo later and see.
Im not sure if it will work with the phoenix dongle as i sold my copy of phoenix when i bought realflight 6!

I do have one of them 9 in 1 simulator dongles i could try!

I will post back later if that works!

cheers Keith
Old 12-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok. I got the transmitter calibrated(dynam 6 ch USB type). There is some bad lag between my tx input and the heli movement. This could be my pc. It's an older hp. Running xp. It runs clearview sim slow also.

One thing about the demo. You need to open the help screen right away. This pauses the timer while you calibrate the Tx. You only get 2 min of demo time. Once the time is up, just close the sim out and run it again.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ok. I got the transmitter calibrated(dynam 6 ch USB type). There is some bad lag between my tx input and the heli movement. This could be my pc. It's an older hp. Running xp. It runs clearview sim slow also.

One thing about the demo. You need to open the help screen right away. This pauses the timer while you calibrate the Tx. You only get 2 min of demo time. Once the time is up, just close the sim out and run it again.
slykyfox when pushing h to get the help screen you can adjust the graphics under the graphics tab!

Adjust the graphics quality settings, adjust shadows to none disable anti aliasing! You can also set the texture quality to a lower setting as well!

Play around with the setting and i am sure you can get it running alot smoother!

I have a serious desktop and have everything set to the highest possible settings my frame rate is 121 fps!

I have a gtx 580 ti video card, my settings for neXt are quality settins=fantastic, shadows=soft, Anti Aliasing=8x Multi Samplng, Texture Quality= Full Res, Show Frame Rate= On and i have it set to full screen!

Even tho this sim is in its early stages it truly does look amazing!

Hope some of them tips help some of you to get it running alot smoother!

cheers Keith
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I don't see it in the Mac App Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntotheo View Post
I just noticed this sim in the mac app store...
I just went to the Mac App Store. I don't see it under "Next", "Sim", or "Simulator". I know I can purchase it on the neXt website, but I would prefer to purchase it from the Mac App Store if available.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok! I messed around with the graphic settings and I can now get 60 fps(which looks pretty good on this old desktop). All I had to do was turn off the anti aliasing. I really think this has great potential at this price point, to be a truly good sim. I will definitely be purchasing this soon. Hell it's got an inverted trainer I'm just curious how good the support will be.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Calibration Manual, Phoenix Interface

I just saw these tread. Thank you very much for your interest in our neXt.

@ntotheo: The Phoenix interface does not work because the input signals of these stick are scrambled (their copy protection). All FMS compatible interfaces are working with the neXt.

There is a instruction manual: When you press the escape key, select the Simulator tab, press Calibrate Input Device and press Help. Then a browser window opens and shows always the latest manual.

@johnahamelv: You can find it when you type 'heli simulator' into the search field. The version on the Apple Store is 1.135. Version 1.145 will be released today at our store. Apple needs round about three weeks to update the AppStore version. :-(
Klaus Eiperle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Klaus,
got everything running on a Mac, but . . .
How can I change the channels.
I am flying mode 2 and left pitch stick works in your sim as elevator and left rudder stick works as pitch.
Similar problem on the other side.
Is there a way to switch the channels??????

HELP!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Channels

Dear ZuvieleTeile,

simply do follow:
- connect your transmitter to your computer and start the neXt
- press the escape key
- switch to the simulator tab and select there your stick mode
- click onto calibrate input device button
- and then follow the instructions

-> the channels and directions will be assigned automatically
-> it's very important to hold the stick at the end position when pressing the next button

Please drop me a line if you have any problems.

All the best,
Klaus

Btw: the new update is now online.
Klaus Eiperle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Klaus,
Keith (heli-insane) helped me out too.
I didn't see the change of text in the "calibrate input device" button.
And have been trying to change the values in the sliders and inside my TX.
Got it all figured out now.
After some tweaking of the D/R and expo values and playing around wit the resolution, it works like a dream.
I am actually a Reflex Sim fan and have been running this in Windows native mode on my Mac Mini (bootcamp)
The Reflex sets the bar very high . . .
With your Mac option you will have a lot of followers I hope.
Not everybody likes to reboot his Mac just for flying 10 Min on the Sim in between.
Still one question remains:
What doe the Anti Aliasing do??
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tyler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WARNING ON PURCHASE GUYS

Simulator is FAR from a complete and full functioned sim. I requested a refund until development was finished and received a harsh and rude response from Klaus. He denied a refund, refused to respond to contact attempts after his abrupt response. I filed a claim with PayPal and my credit card. He denied PayPal resolution. I have now escalated this to a claim for review.

I believe I was reasonable, fair, and respectful and that Klaus was not.

Sorry, Klaus, but my $47 is valuable to me, even if you state, "what are you complaining about, neXt is cheap at $47 and you should be glad because the price will go up in a few weeks ." You don't value my labor to earn that $47 and your neXt sim does not deliver.

Maybe other buyers don't expect dle up functions from the transmitter or the ability to practice autorotations, but I do. There are no provisions to do autos at all. No normal,idle ups, or throttle hold function. I found no way to zoom while flying to keep model in view (auto zoom). None of these shortcomings are announced or shared before purchase, and a 60 second trial is unrealistic! Who can judge a sim performance from keyboard key input flying, really?

Last edited by Tyler; 12-12-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Mobile device spelling errors
Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Through Paypal I have received a message stating that Klaus wants me to deactivate my license to the software. He offers no instructions for this process. There is no manual. This is not listed in the help section of the simulator software, license section of the software, or anywhere that I have been able to find online, including the online help tab. Klaus has not contacted me via email with instructions to do as he asks, yet I know he has my email address. He has ignored my last communications attempts before making a claim with paypal and now after moving the process forward.

Again, this illustrates that this is not a product ready for sale.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in