Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Banshee Helicopters

Banshee Helicopters Banshee Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Have all the Banshee's gone to speed freaks?

Or did anyone buy one for any other use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sport flying for me and framing in the living room. can't afford to crash this beauty
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

3D here crashed it twice, both tip overs at the end of an auto. I am starting to hate the rigid landing skids. This time it just landed barely on one skid, and jumped on the other and to the side. Both minor injuries though today I smudged the boom, stripped tail servo gears, blew the tail pushrod off an broke the plastic cap on the tail lever. Canopy got a tiny scrap and one of the Tenax broke too. I HATE that it is not mint any more!!!!!!!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im also using as hybrid speed/3d, only got 4th flight in yesterday though due to bad weather,tweaking beast its getting there, worked mostly on piro flying to get tail sorted, on low 1850 i do 3 d, then 2000 for speed as i need lipos to last for couple mins. Will post some video if only for the sound as my cameraman had some flies up his nose. What i can say is this thing does acare me, mostly because we havent flown really for months, only the odd flight here and there. Its super light and powerful, i' not used to 710's for 3 d work so totally different ball game but loving it. Tbh this has the potential to be the best 3d smack machine ever. But i enjoy the combo setups more than anything though and i think this is the one !
Marcos thats sad news man, i'm really to chicken to do high autos with this thing, only from a meter i flip hold, that flexy skid will act like a giant pogo stick if you dont get it absolutely perfect.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I didnt realise it would be so good for 3D as well, that makes it a very versatile machine

I look forward to more vids

Not good to hear Marcos. Have many been crashed yet do you guys know? I see one on a vid that blew up mid air, was that a Banshee I see???
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
I didnt realise it would be so good for 3D as well, that makes it a very versatile machine

I look forward to more vids

Not good to hear Marcos. Have many been crashed yet do you guys know? I see one on a vid that blew up mid air, was that a Banshee I see???

That was my Banshee in the vid where you see the canopy come off during a speed run and go through the tail blades and shut down the motor at 150+ mph , i was a little concerned , other than a destroyed canopy the heli does not have a scratch , unbelievable if you ask me , how it didn't even damage a blade i do not know , a lot of luck and some exceptional skills by my mate , i'll load up the full vid and you can see it land , he nails it except for the little bushes that tip it over upon landing

, one very fast and very strong Heli the Banshee , i feel very fortunate to own one

and the answer to your question is yes , most owners are setting up for speed runs , to be honest i wont be flying my banshee around like my other Heli's , it will come out on very special occasions and for the Speed Cups
Fasster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got mine to donate to DHL!!!
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey

I will set up mine for fast and wide 3D flying (or whtsoever sport flying is). Speed is not mine.

While we have here now 1m fresh snow (and the same amount of old snow from last week), first flight will be somewhen next year ... wheather forecast is even more snow ...

Cheers
Linus
linus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is scary fast, but feels extremely light for 3D. I agree that it will be a smack machine of note. Just need more flying time...right now the weather is not playing ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
3D here crashed it twice, both tip overs at the end of an auto. I am starting to hate the rigid landing skids.

Marcos, are you flying a vbar or the BeastX? Ordered some carbon sheets and round bar legs so we will be making some custom skids.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cannot resist to speed fly with it! It just loves it
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even as hybrid its faster than the tdr dedicated speed machine, i' m too old for this sh.t, after yesterdays flight i had the shakes like never before, at first i though must be because of not flying the past months, till i realized i actually looked calm compared to the other guys!
Now really you can take all my machines i want another...,!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the Banshee is a “goose bumps” heli…it runs a chill through your spine…now I know why they called it a Banshee.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How is the spares support for this sleek beast?

What if you smash it to bits and its a complete rekit which is possible if speed flying as we know?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will get anything you need they made spares it a priority, only thing difficult to get is carbon canopy but they have fglass.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
You will get anything you need they made spares it a priority, only thing difficult to get is carbon canopy but they have fglass.
OK thats good for you guys.

Well, I wait quietly for more vids to appear. I dont expect many as there only 50 of you
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
OK thats good for you guys.

Well, I wait quietly for more vids to appear. I dont expect many as there only 50 of you
Only 49, some elephants in the Congo are flying mine!!! Banshee team, this is only a joke.....
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been saying the Banshee scares me since the first flight!!! It's not over yet, still have a lot of respect for it every flight.

The 2 tip overs were very light scratches. Not bad at all. However it's not a thing of flexibility of the landing gear, on the contrary, the sharp carbon fiber get's stuck on the grass making the tip over happen. You must end the auto perfectly straight, perfectly level and with the least movement at all, specially sideways, and kind of glue it to the ground, after touch down an immediate slight negative helps it remain in place. Knowing this this last time the heli was moving laterally just a bit, I corrected and it touched the ground on one skid, so stiff into the grass that it pushed the heli onto the other skid and tipped over to that side.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
HF Support

I'm not planning auto practice with mine, plenty of other helis for that! At present I'm stuck in deciding Xera 4530 vs Pyro 800 and HC3-SX vs VBAR and HV vs 451 BLS servos. Have decided on Rail 716s and Kosmik but also stuck on 14 vs 12S. Good dilemmas to be in
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

John, go with Pyro 800-48 and Kosmik on 14S, awesome setup.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abanihani View Post
John, go with Pyro 800-48 and Kosmik on 14S, awesome setup.
Thanks - that was what I was leaning towards

Now which FBL - HC3-SX - VBAR - MB ?????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in