Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 05:13 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
I’m very close to getting the first FBL FP450 dialed in on the money. This bird is becoming a dream to fly and I’m getting more comfortable every day with the FBL setup. The FBL setup totally eliminates any ballooning and really smooths out this puppy in forward flight.

Okay you guys are probably going to laugh at this video because it’s the first time I have tried to show hands off flying in one of my videos. As both you guys know, I use a head cam rig to film all my flight and for the most part I think the setup works well…But that was before I tried to show the transmitter and helicopter in the same shot. It’s not as easy as I thought and is kind of funny. When I tried to show the transmitter, all I got was the bottom of it and I totally blew at getting the helicopter and transmitter in the same shot. O well…all I can say is…it not easy being cheesy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcl4Csslkw
It is actualy difficult to show both your TX and the bird with the head cam as by habit your attention is at the heli. When you'll be more confident for the FBL things will change.
But hey, we see you holding the TX by one hand and the heli continues its smooth relaxing hover. That says everything. So the goal is accomplished.

I can hardly do it in my livingroom cause the 250FP generates too much airpressure that destabilizes it and because of that i have frequently to play with the throttle cause the ceiling is at 3.2 meters and i dont want the heli pinned there
I use V200D01 FP blades that are near 11* pitch as i've read. The heli climbs like a rocket if i forget to be gentle with the throttle.
Similar with the HK250GT FBL CP with RX2610V. I have a relaxing pitch curve (no negative pitch) and is hovering maybe better than the FP in the livingroom with low headspeed.
That ofcourse cause the blade pitch is less than the FP at the same height.

Anyway your FBL birds are very smooth flyers and combined with the pilot and the flying field we see an excellent result.
I'm proposing this thread to people that want to get off the micro sizes but are concerned with the big scary blenders.
alexaglob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Also had a chance to do some cosmetic work to the md500. I prefer white blades as I am colorblind and white is so much easier for me to see than black. I did want to make the bird more scale like so I compromised and went with black blades with white stripes.

Alex, I figure you would get a kick out of this picture. My son watched me paint the blades and really wanted to help, so later after the paint was dry I let him play with the airbrush gun…He had a ball
Nice painting result.

Cute kid, i wish you the best for him my friend.
You are lucky to have such an ally.
Will not be long that he will start flying, we have to train our allies to help us
When my son was around this age before 16 years, i had him with me painting and assembling a nitro RC car and he enjoyed it.
Best photo i'm keeping it.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW, what paint have you used for the blades? I dont have an airbrush (where could i have and work with it in the appartment) but i wonder if there are any special can sprays with such type of paint.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
That bird is the bomb HH. The pic of your son [modding] Is to cute.

Thanks JC and yeah he’s the future of H.A.R.D
Old 09-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
cool looking 500 Hank. I think I have found your next challenge
This would work good for a tight ass like me Id only need to buy one blade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmas...layer_embedded
That’s definitely a way to save money on blades. LOL!

Hummm…I wonder if the Headspeed is too low on the FP450 to give it a try?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Wow.....that is a very nice setup, the thing fly's like its hanging from a string.You did great as far as the hands off videoand I thought the fb 450 was stable
I wish I had more heli bucks to do some of this cool stuff you guys come up with.
How are you liking the Walkera radio compared to the old HK?

Thanks Bro, I think “hanging from a string” is a good analogy. I know the Walkera 3axis receivers are not autopilot, but man the self-stabilizing is cool to an old flybar guy like me. I think it’s neat to watch the helicopter do corrections all by itself in a hover. It really is like hanging from a string compared to a flybar setup.

The 2801 pro is a nice radio and in my book well worth the $130.00 I paid for it. I would say it is twice the radio when compared to the HK-7x, but I would also say, it’s twice the money. The 2801 pro has all the bells and whistles and is very user friendly compared to the HK-7x. Now on the other hand, if I compare the 2801 pro to my Turnigy 9x…Well that would be a different story. I would say they are equal on functionally and model memory. The Pro is probably easier to setup a model and navigate through the menus, but once you know the 9x, it’s also fairly simple. If it was only base on transmitter not receiver, I would say the 9x wins hand down…Just on the fact that the 9x is half the price of the pro.

Right now for me though it’s not about transmitters, it’s all about receivers, so by default the 2801 has become my favorite radio. Walkera’s all in one 3axis receivers are the cat’s meow in my book. Their are cheap, simple to setup and really do get the job done. I’m never going to be a 3D guy, so the Walkera 3axis receiver are perfect for what I’m looking for and I’m super glad I took Alex’s advice. As you know I’m running the RX2437S in both my FP450s. I have already started the third build using the RX2437S and have plans in the works for four more FBL helicopters, three of which will be CP.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I lean towards the air wolf cause I think the retracts are cool but now I look at your md 500 and you got me all in a tither.
It will bee a while before I can come up with the scratch to do anything...... meantime I live through you guys and your modscarry on

hehehe…I know what you going through on deciding which fuselage to get. I was back and forth for two weeks trying to decide whether to get the md500 or a Airwolf. I too really dig the retractable landing gear. For me it came down to cost, I wanted a cheap fuse to be the guinea pig on the FP450, I just had a feeling that I was going to crash it on my maiden flight (which I did). I figured I could almost get two md500s for the price of one Airwolf, plus I knew I wouldn’t have as much time invested in building the md500, so a devastating crash wouldn’t be so devastating…if you what I mean.

LOL! I am quickly running out of scratch myself. Luckily I ready have the lighting system for the md500. Once I get the over heating issue resolved and the bird dialed in, I will be adding the lights and that should do it for this build. Well…rocket launchers would be nice.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
HH have you weighed the md500, If so how much? :-]

Unfortunately no, I only have a 100gram scale. I keep telling myself I need a larger scale, but I never seem to get one.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaglob View Post
It is actualy difficult to show both your TX and the bird with the head cam as by habit your attention is at the heli. When you'll be more confident for the FBL things will change.
But hey, we see you holding the TX by one hand and the heli continues its smooth relaxing hover. That says everything. So the goal is accomplished.

I can hardly do it in my livingroom cause the 250FP generates too much airpressure that destabilizes it and because of that i have frequently to play with the throttle cause the ceiling is at 3.2 meters and i dont want the heli pinned there
I use V200D01 FP blades that are near 11* pitch as i've read. The heli climbs like a rocket if i forget to be gentle with the throttle.
Similar with the HK250GT FBL CP with RX2610V. I have a relaxing pitch curve (no negative pitch) and is hovering maybe better than the FP in the livingroom with low headspeed.
That ofcourse cause the blade pitch is less than the FP at the same height.

Anyway your FBL birds are very smooth flyers and combined with the pilot and the flying field we see an excellent result.
I'm proposing this thread to people that want to get off the micro sizes but are concerned with the big scary blenders.

Yeah it’s definitely not easy, but with a little more trial and error and some more practices I think I can do a better job showing both…Plus I have a secret weapon. I have a GoPro 960 and as long as the shot is up close, its wide angle Len should work well capturing both the transmitter and bird.

Yeah I imagine it would be real difficult trying to do it in the living room. It does make sense that the CP bird handles the turbulence better.

Thanks Bud, I got to give most of the credit to the FP450...Its one fine machine.
You know I agree with you…I really think the FP450 is a perfect step up from micro size helicopters.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice painting result.

Cute kid, i wish you the best for him my friend.
You are lucky to have such an ally.
Will not be long that he will start flying, we have to train our allies to help us
When my son was around this age before 16 years, i had him with me painting and assembling a nitro RC car and he enjoyed it.
Best photo i'm keeping it.
Thank you my friend
No doubt, he is my pride and joy. In the last couple of weeks he has really become hands on with my builds. Which for me is great…now when I get home from work I can spend time with he and my helicopters…total win win. Yep I know where you are coming from, nothing is better than seeing how much he is enjoying himself giving me a hand.

Seriously he is quite the little helper. Here’s him removing the Xtreme head from my FPKing 2 (with a little help from daddy). This is the next bird inline to go flybarless…Yeah Baby!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2670 (640x480).jpg
Views:	314
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	253410   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2699 (640x480).jpg
Views:	317
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	253411  
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
BTW, what paint have you used for the blades? I dont have an airbrush (where could i have and work with it in the appartment) but i wonder if there are any special can sprays with such type of paint.

I just used Testors flat black enamel model paint on the blades. I had it on hand and figured it would hold up well enough. You can buy the Testors paint in small spray cans from most hobby/craft stores if you don’t have a airbrush. The airbrush is great because you can control the amount of paint being sprayed, which makes it easy to apply without over spraying and weighing the blades down.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you my friend
No doubt, he is my pride and joy. In the last couple of weeks he has really become hands on with my builds. Which for me is great…now when I get home from work I can spend time with he and my helicopters…total win win. Yep I know where you are coming from, nothing is better than seeing how much he is enjoying himself giving me a hand.

Seriously he is quite the little helper. Here’s him removing the Xtreme head from my FPKing 2 (with a little help from daddy). This is the next bird inline to go flybarless…Yeah Baby!!!!

Yep, best company and two birds with one shot as you say, be with him and also do what you like.

Finally i see the V370 head will be in action. Check that there is no horizontal slop of the blade grips on the feathering shaft.
I found today i had slop on the 250FP blade grips and i've piut one 002 o-ring at every side. It came alittle tight, i oiled at that point, but it will wear out. Had no chance to check it enough cause its midnight here and i'm in appartment so i dont want to bother my neighbors.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

hydmech, i should have post this http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=10791 maybe you would be interested.
Two birds with one shot.
I thought about it but ididnt got it cause i think the black angel is not rex compatible so i had to go for specific parts. Ofcourse the total price i bought my fuse is very cheaper.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just received the multi rotor blades, they seem too flexible. I dont know if they should be like that.
But i think if you decide to buy then better give a try the others from http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...0&third_id=156
They must be better as the guys are scale fuse manufacturers.

Also received my RX2702V, it will sit on the shelf for a while till i decide to put it on 450. I'm just preparing and collecting some parts for now.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yep, best company and two birds with one shot as you say, be with him and also do what you like.

Finally i see the V370 head will be in action. Check that there is no horizontal slop of the blade grips on the feathering shaft.
I found today i had slop on the 250FP blade grips and i've piut one 002 o-ring at every side. It came alittle tight, i oiled at that point, but it will wear out. Had no chance to check it enough cause its midnight here and i'm in appartment so i dont want to bother my neighbors.

Yeah I figured the King would be a good platform to try out the RX2437S and.
V370 FBL head

There is some horizontal play between the blade grip and the Head. I will check to see if I have any o-rings that small. I wonder if adding a small flat washer would do the trick.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hydmech, i should have post this http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=10791 maybe you would be interested.
Two birds with one shot.
I thought about it but ididnt got it cause i think the black angel is not rex compatible so i had to go for specific parts. Ofcourse the total price i bought my fuse is very cheaper.

Man I would of gobbled up that deal in a second.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 AM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just received the multi rotor blades, they seem too flexible. I dont know if they should be like that.
But i think if you decide to buy then better give a try the others from http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...0&third_id=156
They must be better as the guys are scale fuse manufacturers.

Also received my RX2702V, it will sit on the shelf for a while till i decide to put it on 450. I'm just preparing and collecting some parts for now.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t place an order yet, as I was waiting for your review of the blades first. I wonder if the ones you just linked are any better.

Sweet you have the RX2702V in hand.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t place an order yet, as I was waiting for your review of the blades first. I wonder if the ones you just linked are any better.

Sweet you have the RX2702V in hand.
Some posts before i gave you a thread link , there they discuss about these. From the page i linked and after.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Man I would of gobbled up that deal in a second.
I know, but i considered that i would have to deal with different parts etc and i already have enough kits.
I should have thought that either you or the other guys should be interested and mentioned that deal since we were discussing about fuses lately.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's right, my bad. Will go back and give the thread a good read.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in