Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default can not achieve 8 * in HD set uo

I am trying to set the CP2/ HD and I cant achieve 8 * , no matter how far I move the pitch stick it is still not far enough, With the Beast X , I have 12 pos and 12 neg.. This is a new set up......everything else went just fine..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello n6nev
I to had a few problems in my set up, and if I may offer this suggestion , start from a known point, and that may help pinpoint the problem. what I mean by that is , in the quick set up mode on the IR, set up everything the same as if you had no hard deck installed, just the CPII. Then check your pitch range. It should be +12 -12 just as before. this is how I isolated a problem with my unit, now corrected.
ROGER G is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

same problem, and heres a new twist, unless I disconnect the main sensor the swash plate drops to the rear. After the disconntect, I can do a normal set up. the the swash plate is ok. I am using a 3 way switch , down is HD, middle is off, and up is CP2.
thanks for you reply
Old 11-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only way I can complete the set up is to by pass the " pitch set up" and its fine. I am used to giving some positive pitch so I will try this.....and heres as strange twist, the promp is " set 0 pitch" and I do, then its set pitch to 8* and I do and the promt is " not enought collective. strange I thought I was setting pitch? so I moved the pitch back to 0* and moved the collective to 8* and It accepted that.. I know thats not right so I redid the entire setup and bypassed the "pitch set up" so much to learn, my other heli does not have this problem........
Old 11-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6nev View Post
The only way I can complete the set up is to by pass the " pitch set up" and its fine. I am used to giving some positive pitch so I will try this.....and heres as strange twist, the promp is " set 0 pitch" and I do, then its set pitch to 8* and I do and the promt is " not enought collective. strange I thought I was setting pitch? so I moved the pitch back to 0* and moved the collective to 8* and It accepted that.. I know thats not right so I redid the entire setup and bypassed the "pitch set up" so much to learn, my other heli does not have this problem........
Hi:

You might want to re-check your connections. It sounds as though you do not have the collective channel from your RX connected up to the CPII.

The following sentence is taken from the microbeast user guide. I wonder if this might also be a clue to your problem?

Never enable your radio‘s eCCPM mixing function: this will be done by the MICROBEAST. Always set your radio‘s swash mixer to mCCPM (mechanical mixing) which is often called ‚H1‘ or ‚1 servo‘ mixing.
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The TX is set up with a one servo mode..... thanks for the reply......Larry
Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Larry

I too had an issue setting up the collective, but not with the range. Who knows if range would have been a problem or not, because I couldn't even begin, because the swash was moving all over the place. I put it down to having made some sort of mistake, because I had already been through this process prior to the arrival of my HD module without issue, but having read your experiences I am beginning to wonder.

I reported it in the set-up details thread here.

I was fairly sure I did things correctly up to the point of trying to set the collective, and was cursing that the sensors should be disabled during this set-up step. I figured I must be having issues because I had the MB set-up to be very sensitve by doing the cyclic demonstation to the CPII with 125% travel adjusts from my Tx. At this time I did this on purpose, in order to try and maximise the size of the signal that the CPII would send to the MB during a recovery, as 125% on my radio just about maxes out the MB's performance with my helicopter. My flight settings, where the reaction is intended to be how I like it, I have my Tx set to 110%, and this set-up is now working fine, albeit delivering vey aggressive recoveries.

I was at the point of thinking I would have to disconnect the sensor, just to be able to complete this set-up step, but I decided to try again from scratch, and when I went through the set-up again I had no issue. The swash was still, and level, and not reacting to the sensor at all, suggesting that is was indeed disabled at this point.

When I think about it, there must be some issue with this set-up step where a glitch, or bug, sometimes allows the sensor to remain active, otherwise how can it at one time demonstrate sensor delivered swash movement, and during a second attempt be completely locked out, as it should be?

Maybe if you just try it a few times, you may be able to get it not to be enabled. In the other thread I said I would try to find out why, but I haven't because it is now working and I don't really want to mess with it. You know the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Also, do you have any Tx based travel adjusts set on pitch to create your +-12, or did you set this range in the normal way at step K during the MB set-up? Some choose to allow more travel here, and then cut this back with curves, so that they will have future ready access to increase it from their Tx. If you have a modified curve, or were trying it with a throttle hold curve that was set-up not with a linear profile, you might well have issues with the Tx signal being too small.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just for a test, I set 0* at -12 and 8* at +12 and the same response, collective not move enough... I am going to do a fresh download of the new cp2 version and start over.....Larry
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

a fresh reboot did not solve the problem....still no magic 8* I can by pass it but I would like to resolve this................ I think after flying this morning , I will remove the CP2 from my other Logo and retest..............It does not have HD so I will have to upgrade the firmware to the new version.....Larry
Old 11-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n6nev View Post
Hi n6nev,

Based on what you said "strange I thought I was setting pitch?" is there a possibility you are confusing the terms "Collective Pitch" (throttle stick position) with "elevator Pitch" (right hand stick back and forward) during Quick Setup?

When prompted "Set Collective to 0'Pitch Angle" it is referring to the throttle stick position (left stick) on Tx. Then when prompted to "Move POS to +8' Pitch Angle" setup is still referring to the throttle stick position (left stick) on the Tx.

The right hand stick is not moved.

Note: Collective pitch setup is required for the "Level in HDeck" mode to automatically trigger and provide an ER at the preset altitude.

Jack
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I understand the difference, it was just a test... I am moving the pitch for this, but to no avail no 8* for me .
thanks Larry
Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I still unable to do the 8* set up , can I use the HD without that part of the set up?
Just answer "no" and move to the next step
Thanks, Larry
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you answer 'No' to the question, 120 degree ccpm? Yes would be incorrect, and cause the CPII to be looking for pitch values on all three channels, as it would be expecting pre-mixed values. You want the CPII to look for pitch only on your collective channel, which should then be output via SV03, on the single red wire to the MB.

Did you manage to keep your swash level at this step yet, and do your blades move when you attempt this step?

Cheers

Sutty
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is correct, and entered one servo and I dont recall the blades moving....How ever during some ot the set ups, the swash plate dropped to the rear, so I disconnected the main sensor and proceeded. I also downloaded v 2.40, to see if there was a change and there was not, and now I have lost my com port for the CP.. When I plug in my Beast dongle is shows port 5, ( win 7 ) When I open the C P 2 , program on my XP box the com port shows right away, but I cant down load for some reason
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure I follow. There is no choice for one servo in the CPII set-up. This would be a Tx based thing, and a fundamental requirement for the MicroBeast. I was talking about the set-up option in the CPII, where you have to answer "No" to 3 x 120 ccpm, if you are using a MicroBeast.

Also, I have just re-visited the quick set-up, and the instructions say that you 'must complete the collective set-up for HD to function', though when I chose "no" as an experiment, I still seemed to get to go through to all the normal choices like setting the switch to off and level in HD. Maybe you just wouldn't ever get the green light?

Not sure where the MicroBeast dongle fits into all this, unless you just got muddled whilst typing. If you have an issue now with the CPII comms and dongle, then I will have to defer to Tim or others.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

1 Yes I got my wires crossed, its "no for 3x120" for the CP2
2 the beast dongle was just a test of the win 7 box as I have lost my com port for the set up of v-2.4
thanks for your help , Larry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in