Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quadcopter n Clouds

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Tukmol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello

On saturday 21st of december 2013, Pampa model fighters held their 12th indoor meeting.
Me and spongebob were there having loads of fun! As a result i can present you this compilation video containing footage recorded by spongebob on my DVR.

enjoy!

Robby_R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wish I could go cloud hopping but I live in a valley and the clouds are usually around 10,000 ft agl. I just cant push that far up until I get my dragon link and directional set up.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter Night Rider

Hi All,

Well what a great start to 2014. Its been a few months since I have been able to fly FPV due to other commitments and terrible weather.

The start of the video is the first full FPV flight I had done in good weather since before the new year and I enjoyed every second of it. I had to calm my nerves doing the close proximity as I had forgotten how much of a rush and fun it was.

2:16 is my first ever FPV flight at night. I have added extra LED's (5050) to the arms so that my spotter had a better chance at understanding orientation at distance in the dark. My hats off to CamSump for being a great spotter in a difficult situation.

The Sony PZ0420 (my FPV camera) performed well beyond anything I had expected in these conditions. At 3:21 I could see all the outline of the buildings and details in-between the lights of the town via my goggles but the GoPro just does not pick out all that detail the PZ0420 could see.

Best viewed full screen @1080p
FPV Quadcopter Night Rider (4 min 17 sec)
JAB1a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter Bad Weather Wind Surfing

Hi All,

Since its been nothing but bad weather lately and when it is sunny I seem to be working I thought I would put together some of the antics I've been up to FPV in the wind.

Some flights were done with Tls Tony as my spotter which he did an excellent job after he got used to my style of flying The wind that day was very strong as well.

I had to add my little wobble at the end, I had been fighting the wind in the Leat and hit with a gust of wind as I left under the tree (quadcopter) and that started my (myself) wobble off trying to keep my balance and it carried on until I landed lol great fun.

Best viewed full screen 1080p
FPV Quadcopter Bad Weather Wind Surfing (4 min 52 sec)
Old 02-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A few flights outside Jerez race circuit.

Literally 30 secs drive from the track which was amazingly handy since we were there for 5 days

Fly about with the DJI Phanton FC40 in Jerez. (6 min 24 sec)

Filming Gareth Trex 700 with the FC40 in Jerez (7 min 7 sec)

A fun flight with some locals in Jerez with the DJI FC40 (6 min 23 sec)
Old 02-27-2014, 03:19 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my summary of winter 2014 hopefully spring and summer will be much better

vladoportos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Post Your FPV Videos Here :)

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]http://youtu.be/NCJZGIbvCa0[/ame]
twofieros is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter Prince of Wales mine works adventure

Hi All,

Now that the evenings are starting to get lighter, me and a few friends had the first "after work" flight of the year. I have never been to these ruins of old Cornish mine buildings so decided to explore via FPV. I used some smaller and lighter Lipo batteries for more performance on some of the flights at the cost of less air time but increased fun factor.

FPV Quadcopter Prince of Wales Mine, Harrowbarrow, Cornwall UK (4 min 58 sec)
Old 03-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My gosh you love to get super-close to the branches and walls!

Great video. A couple times, the video was skipping about once per second. Was that an editing choice to enhance the forward flight, or was that an issue with your camera/recording system?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

twofiero, Charleston WV? It doesn't look like anyone is bothering you on your flights near the government building. Ever been hassled? What's your visor setup, it looked wireless as well.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
My gosh you love to get super-close to the branches and walls!

Great video. A couple times, the video was skipping about once per second. Was that an editing choice to enhance the forward flight, or was that an issue with your camera/recording system?
Cheers for your comment Halley, the 'skipping' is in time with the bass beat in parts of the tune, there are 2 sections that I used the 'skip' just to look like a pulse, I am still learning the finer details for video editing and this was just some experimenting
Old 03-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
the 'skipping' is in time with the bass beat in parts of the tune
I was also thinking of that, I must have had my audio turned down too low to catch that beat on the first showing. Again, nice flying.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing too exciting compared to the beautiful videos on here, but it was great weather here the other day to film.

Spring at Kensington Metro Park (4 min 10 sec)

Last edited by Jon h2; 04-02-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Jon h2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter 'hits' the beach!

Hi All,
Sorry for the pun in the title but the quad did actually collided with the beach more than once this day. Full cloud cover and a strong breeze didn't stop the fun at Blackpool Sands. A few flights were had before even going near the sea after my last experience where I lost my quad for over 24hrs in deep water and had to get a diver friend to rescue it (video link in description).

The good thing about flying around open spaces is that not so many props are damaged with collisions but I do like to have objects to fly around so when I saw the rocks it was game on.

I joined a few fellow FPV'ers at this location who were flying planes but one had another quad with a gimbal who kindly provided the extra footage and of course my spotter for the day was CamSump.

FPV Quadcopter Blackpool Sands, Devon UK (5 min 43 sec)
Old 04-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FPV Qaudcopter Cotehele Playgound

Hi All,

Here is a few FPV flight I got to do after work one day. CamSump and I ventured off to Cotehele in Calstock, Cornwall. Its a beautiful house and grounds but we did not pay to enter the grounds as it was about to close as we arrived.

It was very wind on this day which made me nervous flying too close to the water and made the quad shake in the gusts, so when I was presented with the open field with playground then it was game on for some speed instead. I had not changed the angle of the camera before the flight which is why most of the footage was unuseable because when I accelerate all you can see is the ground.

FPV Quadcopter Cotehele, Cornwall UK (5 min 4 sec)
Old 04-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up FPV Quadcopter Forestry Run Fun 2

Hi All,
A quick revisit to this stunning woods turned out to be great fun. I was convinced that I would be taking the quad home in broken twisted parts but luckily not a single prop was damaged, maybe I just wasn't going fast enough lol.

The woods are part of the Great Devon Consols which has a long history of mining, you can see a spoil heap in the video that I dive off for some adrenaline fun.

FPV Quadcopter Forestry Run 2 (4 min 25 sec)
Old 04-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's a lot of close-calls with tiny twigs and streamers! What radios were you using up and down? Vegetation can really cut down your range when it comes to radio penetration.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:39 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
That's a lot of close-calls with tiny twigs and streamers! What radios were you using up and down? Vegetation can really cut down your range when it comes to radio penetration.
Thanks Halley, I do like to keep my self on my toes while flying, I much prefer a dense wood to fly around compared to an open space.

I am using Spektrum DX6i with AR6210+Sat for my RC control and I am using FatShark Attitude SD goggles with their vTx and vRx, both fitted with Skew Planar antenna. I get really great radio penetration in the woods and very rarely loose signal but I am very aware of my distance from myself and also maintaining a good line of sight (making sure I do not go behind any mounds of earth etc but trees are ok)
Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Post Your FPV Videos Here :)

Quick video edit I did out in Death Valley national forest. Some footage of A friends Rubicon off roading and chasing a pack of wild donkeys. Using the phantom 2

[ame]http://youtu.be/Z2fnrKucil4[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
fpv, heli, video, videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in