Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CP X vs mCP X vs 130 X

So, I only have 3 flights on my 130x and it definitely has more power than my mCPx v1. Apparently the Nano is the mCPx on a diet with same electronics so that it has a better power-to-weight ratio. How much better is it than the original mCPx?

If you're not into bling (keeping the weight down) and just want the best all-around perfomance (and durability) of 2 helicopters for indoors (using the 130x as a reference) what would you do?

1) Buy a Nano CP X
2) Upgrade the stock V1 mCPx slightly (with better main & tail motor)

If you have flown all 3 models, let me know your opinion as I have not flown the Nano.

Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have all 3.
The Nano is THE current best option for an indoor (small room) CP heli.

I have never flown a brushless Mcpx, mine were left stock. Tail was ok on both but not great. it will teach you collective management, like it or not.

Mcpx and 130x handles wind as well as a 450 class heli. Nano does not.

The 130x is a modelers heli, best used outside or indoors in a gymnasium size room.

The Mcpx is great for thrashing on outdoors.
All three are a lot of fun.
Gaui X5 sweet! Warp 360 KST, B4503D Savox- all beastx, 250 SE flybarred-current shelf queen, 130X, Mcpx BL, Nano cpx, Mini Dragonfly, DX8 AMA #982022 If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
shreddedpaper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
gtr
Registered Users

The nano feels much more responsive than the mcpx. Feels like a step up mcpx heli and the tail hold much better for doing 3d. Mcpx you need to be smooth or your tail kick out especially when close to 4 min mark.

After running a few packs the 130x is the easiest to fly followed by the mcpx. Nano is more fun than the mcpx but has random shakes.
gtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a nano cpx, a hp06s mcpx v1, c05m mcpx v2, and a spin 8800 130x.

The nano at first felt really under powered, the motor has broken in and it still is slightly under powered. I would put the performance on par with a stock mcpx, but with a much better holding tail. I've been flying my nano the most lately and its very well behaved, out of the box there really isn't much to do (unless you want to go brushless), as I have hit everything with my nano and treat concrete like grass with it. With 50+ flights and over 150+ crashes (hard ones too) I've broken a set of skids and bent the spindle (which I bent back and still am flying on). This heli really teaches good collective management as you can do a lot with it if you know what your doing. That being said the novice may find this one hard to flip around. I gave the heli to my friend who has zero experience in R/C, set it at 85% and +20% expo, he had zero problems bringing it into a hover and holding it there. I would say its stability is on part with the msrx, and if bundled with a dx6i, it would be the perfect trainer.

The mcpx feels a lot bigger now after flying the nano, but its too big for me to fly indoors. Being that I only fly my mcpx's outdoors now I ended up selling both. But I didn't have much luck with the higher power mcpx having good tail holding, sometimes it would but sometimes it'd kick hard, causing me to crash. It got really annoying.

The 130x with spin 8800kv/xp12a is like crack, power for days. I have a hard time bogging her, only while doing continuous flips with full pitch pumps in between but with good collective management the tail holds great. When she's flying right and not throwing a tail fit its my favorite helicopter, and after installing a ds35 I've had zero issues. I would compare the stability to my 500. Handles wind great and good visibility yet it doesn't break the bank when it hits the ground. Out of the box I was pleased with it's performance.

Honestly comparing the nano to 130x is like apples to oranges, the 130x is not a beginner heli and requires good setup skills and piloting skills. I know a few people that are fed up with working on their 130's mainly because of tail problems. But as soon as they fix a tail problem, they crash and create a new one.

A couple things to consider when looking at the three:

Budget: How much do you want to spend on repairs, cost goes up with size.
Location: Where will you be flying? The nano does get blown around in the wind (it can handle some).
Mechanical skills: How easily can you diagnose and solve a problem.
Piloting skills: Are you crashing a lot still?

If you are one of those who crash a lot get an electric tail heli, it will save you time, money and frustration. If you can keep her away from the ground the 130x is awesome.

That being said I own both, I fly my nano when i'm flying outside of my comfort zones i.e inverted circuits and such. And I fly my 130x when I want to practice something I learned on the nano, then I practice on the 500. This allows me to fly outside of my comfort zone without a lot of stress and cost in parts, it goes Sim>ncpx>130x>500pro.
Sowa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good info guys. Keep it coming.

I am using the mCPx and will now be using the 130x to practice inverted forward, backward and upright backwards flight. We have a high school gym to fly in for the winter so there's quite a bit of space. A little tight for a 450 but plenty of room for a mCPx or 130x

Since the ground is wood however, crashes are a little harder than grass which is where I prefer to fly.

Sounds like the Nano would be good but it's not much different power-wise from the mCPx. I'm thinking about having my mCPx upgraded to the HP05 main and SR120 tail motor but I've had a brand new stock tail motor and boom for over a year that I thought I'd use up first. As mentioned, the stock mCPx is great for forcing you to learn good collective management.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

YEa.... Exactly what he said (Mitsudriver)..................

P.S. It's not if your gonna crash, but when
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was an excellent comparison review.. Thanks a lot.. I will start with a MCPx to get a bit more comfortable with inverted circuits then get a nano at some point..
livinma1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried it outside yet but I'm digging my new mn130x. It's mcpx base with nano electronics, swinging 130x blades, converted to double brushless. It weighs less than my single brushless hp06 mcpx, has the same motor, but larger blades with tons of lift.

If I was starting out, I would go nano all the way. I love that heli and I fly it in a small townhouse and on a decent sized field with wind. The wind is a challenge though. I think it teaches you the collective mangagement of the mcpx but doesn't discourage you from going inverted like the mcpx did for me. I love the 130x also but the cost of getting it, getting it right, and maintaining it if you crash a lot is very high. Nano has cost me nothing in a crash so far. I have scratched up blades but they are still usable.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post
I haven't tried it outside yet but I'm digging my new mn130x. It's mcpx base with nano electronics, swinging 130x blades, converted to double brushless. It weighs less than my single brushless hp06 mcpx, has the same motor, but larger blades with tons of lift.

If I was starting out, I would go nano all the way. I love that heli and I fly it in a small townhouse and on a decent sized field with wind. The wind is a challenge though. I think it teaches you the collective mangagement of the mcpx but doesn't discourage you from going inverted like the mcpx did for me. I love the 130x also but the cost of getting it, getting it right, and maintaining it if you crash a lot is very high. Nano has cost me nothing in a crash so far. I have scratched up blades but they are still usable.
Are you kidding?!?! That sounds awesome. Be sure to post a vid if you are serious!
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in