Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can alter the X axis ( horizontal ) positions of points in a curve by using the left and right arrows below the screen. For example on a 3 point curve highlight the mid point and it should be 50, use the arrows to move it where you want.
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Switch Position Audio Reminder

How to set a reminder of the currently selected switch position of your choice using a push button, toggle switch or accelerometers (Ds-16)

I have just worked out a way to call out any assigned toggle switch position at any time, using the accelerometer, switch or slider. This may be useful to some of you and thought i would share my findings!

I know the jeti TX has an option already to assign a switch to announce current flight modes but wanted to announce other switches of my choice.

EXAMPLE:-

In my case I have a 3 position switch (se) for my GPS. Each of the positions are "Manual Mode, "Hard Floor deck rescue" and "Return Home".

Whilst flying sometimes I may of forgotten or wanted reassuring that my GPS was activated and not in Manual Mode (GPS OFF). So I simply shake my Tx or use my slider, and it will call out the name of the my gps switched position by playing the audio file assigned in the sound on event . This does not activate the switch position, it just plays the audio sound associated to that switch.

I have created a pdf file as it is too long for this thread. I am fairly new to logical switch programming so maybe you could adapt a better use for this!

[ame]http://youtu.be/vOg4bXbc8gY[/ame]

The PDF instruction can be downloaded from the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1cufbuo34...4p-e4mzPlW9-aa
Old 05-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bail out with GPS

Just had my DS-16 for 2 days and now I am wanting to get bail out working in conjunction with the GPS unit on my SK 720.

I have got a momentary button coming that I want to use as my bail out switch.
Is there any way where, pushing the button over rides what ever position the other GPS buttons are in? So if GPS switch 1 is in "Rescue - H Floor" position, and I push the button, the 720 goes to cyclic bank 2 and the gps goes into "Rescue Now"?
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
Just had my DS-16 for 2 days and now I am wanting to get bail out working in conjunction with the GPS unit on my SK 720.

I have got a momentary button coming that I want to use as my bail out switch.
Is there any way where, pushing the button over rides what ever position the other GPS buttons are in? So if GPS switch 1 is in "Rescue - H Floor" position, and I push the button, the 720 goes to cyclic bank 2 and the gps goes into "Rescue Now"?
Yes you can. Set up a mix at -100 on the GPS channel that is operated by your new button. That cancels out the operation of the switch you have assigned to change modes. Then a second mix to mix the GPS to the value you need for rescue, again activated by the button. You can do the same regarding the cyclic banks as well using another 2 mixes, one to cancel the standard input and the other to set the value you need for bank 2, all enabled by your rescue button.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flight mode on a timer. Those Norwagians sure are strange

https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/10/...de-on-a-timer/

(I hope it's ok to post these here, please remove if not.)
Old 10-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Miniaturization and antenna repair

I had an crash with a model that I was using this R4L on that resulted in bizzare readings from the antenna signal strength. It was obvious that at least one of the antennas was damaged somehow, so I unwrapped the RX and discovered that the shielding on one of the antennas was broken.

While I was at it, I desoldered the pins in an attempt to further miniaturize the RX (useful for my application), and managed to replace the antenna with a standard 2.4ghz FrSky replacement antenna.

A steady hand, little bit of flux, and it was right as rain.

Telemetry confirms full signal strength restored on the broken antenna, and the ultra small receiver with no bulky pins made it perfect for my application.

It can be done.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_164220.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	674819   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_164414.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	674820   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160916_164422.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	674821   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160917_212418.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	674824  

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

But the black wire goes to the outside!!!

Just kidding. Nice mod. Did you weigh before/after?

Dan
Old 10-22-2016, 06:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fully automatic UltraGuard backup solution: https://www.rc-thoughts.com/2016/10/...lly-automatic/

So simple it's suprising!
Old 11-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Assigning a sound to a switch is easy, putting 2 sounds on the same switch requires 3 seconds of thinking about it, so I figured I would save you the trouble.

I wanted to assign a GEARUP-GEARDOWN sound to my SD switch

1) Go- MENU- Advanced Properties- Sound on Event

2) Press ADD to assign your first sound by pressing the F3 button
then press the rotatry button twice to get to SELECT INPUT CONTROL

3) Flick the switch you want (in my case SD) press ok F5

4) Rotate knob to select a file sound. (Gear up for me)

Voila for your first sound.

Now it is nice to know that your gear is up but it would be nicer to know as well when it is down

Just do the same procedure of adding a sound to a switch but you assign it to the same switch (SD) but reverse the direction of the switch

That means that once you have reach SELECT INPUT CONTROL and you have flicked the switch SD to assign the sound you press Rev. F3 to reverse the switch direction

Assign the other sound you want to that same switch and it is done

You now have a SD switch that will say Gear up when you pull on it and gear down when you push it.

Now if I could only figure out how to give three sounds to a three positions switch
My sentiments exactly. I saw a post or two giving specific directions that I probably didn't follow specifically, and, it didn't work. Everything functions as it should regarding the Heli, it's just the sound at the particular switch position that doesn't work.

I can make the sound work if I use a proportional switch (The "levers" on the far left and right of the TX, switches 5 & 6) I have not yet checked to see if the Skookum 720 BE likes those switches though. I think the SK720 needs a "Null" field. I will find out after I finish writing this.

I did some other experimenting that I didn't learn a lot with. If I give the third position or middle position a delay of about three seconds or more, then toggle the switch all the way up, down, and back up again, the .wav file I want to play at center position will play AFTER the .wav file for the top position. ???

Regarding the proportional switch. It's apparent that if the middle position sees a value of some kind (not NULL) that it will work fine. I didn't have any luck yet by using a trim to give center position a value.

Also, I noticed when I programmed the flight modes using switch Sj ( I think Sj is the default switch for flight modes) I did NOT have the middle switch position problem of the sound on event not working. I haven't looked into it yet, but for some reason, the Sj switch seems to be making the middle position an "EVENT".

I think a previous post touched on this but I haven't wrapped my noggin' around it yet.

So if the proportional "Levers" work on the SK720be to control both GPS1 and GPS2 switches, I'll be happy. I do recall the Skookum manual touching on the SK720 using the "OFF" postion to switch the GPS2 to manual.

I still really want to be able to make the middle position of ALL 3 position switches work with "Sound On Event" I will of course keep trying. Maybe I should actually try asking Jeti.

I hope this can help someone or maybe even return me some valuable info.

(POST EDIT)

Switch SJ is the default for "Flight Modes" on the DS 24. I took a look at the output of that switch and found that it outputs to two channels on one switch. This is why I suppose that the "Sound On Event" works on all three positions of said switch.

Last edited by justwannahavefun; 11-26-2016 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: More info
justwannahavefun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is simple to assign to any position on 3pos sw.
if you want forward position assign you flick from center position to forward and it is assigned (you have back pos OFF, center pos OFF, forward pos ON). If you click reverse this you get (back pos ON, center pos ON, forward pos OFF).

Correct way is:
If you want forward or back ON you go from center position of the switch to forward or back position.
If you want assign center position you go ether from back to center or from forward to center and you get: back is OFF, center is ON and forward is OFF.

I hope this helps.
osat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2016, 09:12 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Justwannahavefun this is an old post you dug up. My early days with Jeti, you tend to forget what now seems easy was baffling at first.

The thing to remember is the switch position needs to move TO the target position you want when you set the switch. So for a three position switch, put the switch in the MIDDLE, then go to assign for the UP position, go to the switch select dialog and flip the switch UP. Leave it there. Go to assign for the MIDDLE position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the MIDDLE. Leave it there and go to set up for the DOWN position, get to the switch select dialog and flip the three position switch to the DOWN position. You've now assigned an action for all three positions of the switch.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Telemetry Control of Th Servo with Temp sensor

Need Help from the tricks dept.

I want to set up the temp sensor in such a way, that if the temp goes above the set value, it should bring the Th servo to 70% or 80% what ever value i inter.

I could not find any video on you tube, if someone has one showing exactly how to do it, great.
Or can give a step by step post on how to do it.
rameshtahlan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshtahlan View Post
Need Help from the tricks dept.

I want to set up the temp sensor in such a way, that if the temp goes above the set value, it should bring the Th servo to 70% or 80% what ever value i inter.

I could not find any video on you tube, if someone has one showing exactly how to do it, great.
Or can give a step by step post on how to do it.
You could set up a flight mode called "temperature", and use the telemetry control as the activation switch. Place it before the idle-up flight modes (but below normal mode and hold mode) in the list so it takes priority.

Then set up the throttle curve with the desired value. As a bonus, it can announce itself when it switches on.
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

R5iL Mod

I have done about the same as Fauropitotto with the R5iL.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=46

Before

Size: 48mm x 18mm x 6mm
Weight: 5.3g

After

Size: 38mm (30mm Without Ext and 5 port pins ) x 18mm x 6mm
Weight: 4g

Note: The R3 is 7.9g, size: 40mm x 22mm x 7mm

That can be an alternative to the R7 nano. The R5iL is dual receiver, Mid range, not so heavy and pretty small.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170215_193713.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	694541   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170215_193728.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	694542   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170215_195400.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	694543   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170215_195411.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	694544  

Last edited by StefSTG; 02-16-2017 at 08:33 PM..
StefSTG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in