Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oy2503 View Post
I believe I'll put an Align 500MX motor on mine,
when the time comes. I'll stick with the 500L for now.

Some write it's Align's best motor ever.

Cheers
Erik
The 500L has been really good to me, just passed 100 flights on it today and its still going strong I fly in idle up all the time and it comes down hot but still goes like a champ. Ive never rebuilt it or oiled it FWIW.
/trex450prov2/mcpx's/DX8
Jonnyrl1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using a 500l also for well over 100 flights plenty of power and no issues besides running hot. Any thoghts on wether this motor needs to be oiled , i never have but wouldnt mind doing it if its going to increase its life or make it run smoother.
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 500MX or Scorpion 3026 For My New 500

Just bought an Align 500PRO DFC and wondering if I should use my scorpion 3026 instead of the stock Align 500BX motor. Looks like the Align @ 1600w and 75 amps continuous vs Scropion's1470 watts and 70 amps continuous would be a stronger motor. What do you guys think? I'm fairly new and for some reason thought Scorpion was a better motor, don't know .
P.S. loved how the Align kit went together. First real kit, did two and a half HK (2 450's and one 500) Fit and finish is is perfect.
HeloMan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: FAQ, Before you purchase, Upgrades & Normal Issues - Summarized

No doubt the Scorpion is the better motor , but I have been using a 500 mx for the past three hundred flights or so on my 500 without any issues. Gives me plenty of power. I wouldn't replace it just to replace it I would wait till the 500 MX fails.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2016, 05:22 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm planning to convert my 500E to DFC. I would like to continue using the tail belt, I don't want a TT yet. Do I need just main rotor holder and main rotor head? that's all?

http://www.mattiolimodellismo.com/de...&categoria=377

http://www.mattiolimodellismo.com/de...&categoria=399

I feel like I missed something..
andrea_farins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

The DFC uses a shorter main shaft, so you'll need to get that too. But otherwise, you should be good to go.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
The DFC uses a shorter main shaft, so you'll need to get that too. But otherwise, you should be good to go.

The DFC main shaft should be already in the box, as the description said, I will ask to the shop tomorrow
Old 01-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, I missed that.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Yep, I missed that.

I ordered the head and since I had a bad tail wag few days ago I also ordered the plastic tail case and plastic tail control arm. I had a bad play on my tail shaft, I moved up and down by hand, and I noticed it on the first lipo when It wag left and right like crazy. I hope it will disappeared replacing all the tail but I would like to go with the metal tail case, would it a good investment or the plastic case does the same job? I would like to stay belted
Old 01-11-2016, 08:19 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would try the plastic tail case first. If it works, then no need to spend extra money on the metal case.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys, I might be getting a brand new 500L minus all the electrics. I could just get the combo but the amount of my tax check isn't going to allow that but I've waited long enough and want my heli, lol! If I do decide to go this route, I would really like to install some pretty good electronics but it doesn't have to be top of the line, but I would like to get maybe something better then what the combo comes with. I don't think there is anything wrong with the included gear, especially now that it comes with the microbeast, but if I do go this route, then maybe I can pick some things a little more high zoot. This would include everything, motor, esc, FBL unit, and servos. I love helis and am familiar with most equipment but it's been since last fall since I flew and really paid any attention to it (I race RC cars int he winter) so there may be some really great stuff that has come out since that I don't know about. Thanks!
gettingthere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLane View Post
I don't do 3D, not interested. Was just wondering if there was some issue and a seperate bec was required.
As has been pointed out by others on this forum the BEC system on a 500 Trex is fine for the model as supplied out of the box....as is the motor. The only thing I have added to my model is a Scorpion Backupguard. I had the ESC fail in a Raptor 550e a few seasons ago and lost everything in the resulting crash. This little device would have at least given me a shot at a damage limiting auto. I now have them fitted to all 3 of my electric helis.
nigel armstrong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in