Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

After I imported it, I clicked on the ghost type that indicated it was imported. That instantly activated the model and also made it appear in the aircraft collection. Don't know if it is just designed to work that way.
ryem3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #62 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
After I imported it, I clicked on the ghost type that indicated it was imported. That instantly activated the model and also made it appear in the aircraft collection. Don't know if it is just designed to work that way.
Wow, never heard of that! Are you using G4?
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #63 (permalink)
tn
Registered Users

I am using G3. How do I import if I have no import button under the Simulation bar? Is G3.5 needed to get this. I would like to get the 450 to practice on alot before I do anything stupid to my 450 that I am building. I am new to all of this so any help you can give me will be most appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Tom
tn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For most is was necessary to export something first, anything colorscheme, aircraft variant. Then the import function will ungrey itself.

I don't know if this will work with G3, we developed it for G3.5 and above. G3.5 upgrade is a free download if you update via the launcher.

Good Luck,
Frank....
phrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #65 (permalink)
tn
Registered Users

I do not even have a greyed out import under the simulation tab on G3. I can not update to G3.5 as I had to install into a new computer as the old one died. Unfortunately I have lost my original password to do any reregistration/update and have emailed them on what to do. Hopefully should not be a big deal as I am sure I am not the only one to have forgotten their password. G3.5 hopefully will have the import option and then I can get going.
Do I understand correctly that I need to download the EA version, install it and then download the VA ( tamer version for a beginner like me) and install that to use the stock 450 work?
Also does anyone know if a DX-7 will work as a transmitter? I will search the threads if anyone remembers that it can be done and using what cable, etc.

Thanks a lot. Tom
Old 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #66 (permalink)
tn
Registered Users

Just got thur updating the sim to the latest 3.5 and downloaded the 450 EA, 450AV and the Blade CX2.

Imported the 450 EA and Blade no problem but the AV version says in cannot import because it is basted on a version I do not have. I wanted to use the av version as I am just getting started in all this. What am I doing wrong in trying to import the AV version???

Second when I launch the EA version the heli immediatly crashes. Nice!!!! What setting should I use to avoid this??

Thanks for any and all help. I look forward to some great training.

Tom
Old 03-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You always need the EA installed before you can use an AV. Can't get around that one.

Also, you should note that there are several Trex450 EA available on the forums, if you install an AV make sure you installed the corresponding EA.

In this specific thread I am refering to the Trex450SE V2, not any other Trex Version.

As in any heli real-life or simulated, you should reset with your 3position switch DOWN This is the "normal" mode. When ready to spool up, dis-engage your throttle hold and slowly spool up, the bird will lift off when you achieve rotorspeed.

Good Luck,
Frank...
phrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
tn
Registered Users

Yep, wrong model. Downloaded the correct one and now all is well with the sim. Thanks a lot for all your help and time.

Now I have to practice on the sim and be able to keep the heli in the air and in the same place for 1 minute as that is my first goal. LOL. I seriously can't even imagine taking the real one out to even hover it at this time.
Hopefully someone else can check it out for me.

Again thanks. Tom
Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Back to my point a while ago. Yes, when you import something into G4 it shows the model in ghost writing and if you click on it you magically load the model into the sim. It also saves it into the inventory. I actually couldn't get this to work any other way.
BTW, I imported the models from the first page and note they do not fly very well. I've had to add trim to those models to make them hold and they don't hold very well even then. Using my own Dx6i it was even worse. Seems like the max limits don't reflect appropriately in the sim. I'm back to the Dominion 3D, which seems to be a great stable heli for learning.
ryem3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been reading your threads and have been experiencing the same thing as tn. I have the G4 and have gone to the dominion also. I fiound that the bell is also good for just getting the fingering of the tx. I will probably try the trex 450se V2 agan, because I am also new to this and have a 450 I want to get up to speed and get out with it. maxout
maxout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Back to my point a while ago. Yes, when you import something into G4 it shows the model in ghost writing and if you click on it you magically load the model into the sim. It also saves it into the inventory. I actually couldn't get this to work any other way.
BTW, I imported the models from the first page and note they do not fly very well. I've had to add trim to those models to make them hold and they don't hold very well even then. Using my own Dx6i it was even worse. Seems like the max limits don't reflect appropriately in the sim. I'm back to the Dominion 3D, which seems to be a great stable heli for learning.
You shouldn't need to add trim to any of these models. Actually, you shouldn't need to add trim to ANY model, unless you calibrated your InterLink incorrectly.

Try removing everything to do with the 450SEV2, calibrate your controller, and then re-import.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to down load the "tammer" version but I cannot import it into the G4 due to "motor existing" issue. I should be able to have two different versions of the Trex 450, right? Thanks.
BenHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have to say this is a great program and a great Helli this is my first time with a Helli Sim and all though the bird is a little twitchy or most likely i have the Nobie syndrome ha ha ha,man trying to hover is very taxing now i know why you need a Sim for practice i must have dumped the 450 SE like 500 times...i finally advanced to level 2 on the Helli orientation Sim
Trizz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default real flight 3.5 problem

sim seem to be lagging behind me pls help--do i need to update driver or what???
smokdup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #75 (permalink)

Can I install this aircraft in G3?
bonmot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #76 (permalink)

I can't seem to get this model to work, I am using my own controller, works great with all the other models i've tried, but I get no pitch out of this one... any tricks?
mikhael47 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Collective Designs T-Rex 450 SE V2 Import file conflict

I am using Realflight G3.5 on a Windows Vista Ultimate machine. Today I decided to download the Collective Designs T-Rex 450SE V2. I wanted to download both the EA performance version and the stock variant AV. As per the instructions I downloaded the EA version and installed first, it works great.

I then went back to Knife-Edge and downloaded the Stock_AV variant, this is where to trouble came in. When I try to load it into Real-Flight I get the following "Import File Conflict" dialog message. You already have a (n) electric motor named align 430XL 3700KV. It gives me three options, *do not import this file / *select a new name / *overwrite the old file.

I have attached a thumbnail of the message, can someone give me some direction to resolve this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Import File Conflict!.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	46011  
Flying W is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

I did the dowload and install today. When ever I select the SE V2, it loads fine when I increase the throttle the model crashes, simialar to what a few others have described in earlier posts. How can I fix this? Also how can I select a different model for hover training?
RAP66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #79 (permalink)

Default Battery life

How long before the 450 SE v2 battery dies. I've never run out of battery in the sim.
alljeep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 PM   #80 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alljeep View Post
How long before the 450 SE v2 battery dies. I've never run out of battery in the sim.
Make sure you have "Unlimited Fuel" in the Settings menu set to OFF.

The T-Rex 450SE V2 battery lasts about 5-7 minutes, depending on how you're flying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in