Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #601 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadco View Post
Agreed I really wanted to use a 720BE on my 6hv build but they don't fly well without a FBL Controller.
Has anyone heard if Skookum has solved the hardware supply problem? It would be nice to get an update. Any new customer is currently out of luck if they want to give GPS a try.

Skookum, you should think about offering a package deal for new customers.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #602 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
Has anyone heard if Skookum has solved the hardware supply problem? It would be nice to get an update. Any new customer is currently out of luck if they want to give GPS a try.

Skookum, you should think about offering a package deal for new customers.
Hate to say it but many who don't care about the GPS have given up and gone else where. I went ahead and got an Ikon when it was on sale. If it works well I probably won't be getting a 720BE. Would be nice if they had not stopped production of the original so long ago and you could still get them. I'm going to guess though that even if they wanted to they couldn't do a production run of the old SK720 as I'm sure some part used in it got discontinued.
grimbeaver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #603 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this all depends on whether you are in constant build mode or this happened to impact you when you were getting ready to build something.

I got my last SK-720 in the Spring of 2012 which brings my total to 3 and I have no new builds planned at this time.

If I had been getting ready to build something new, I'm sure I would feel differently.

As it is, my next build will be a rekit of existing electronics as something else, but not until I finish testing the SK-GPS on this least favorite of my helis.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #604 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Hate to say it but many who don't care about the GPS have given up and gone else where. I went ahead and got an Ikon when it was on sale. If it works well I probably won't be getting a 720BE. Would be nice if they had not stopped production of the original so long ago and you could still get them. I'm going to guess though that even if they wanted to they couldn't do a production run of the old SK720 as I'm sure some part used in it got discontinued.
If you don’t want GPS then get a SK540. I have a couple of them and they fly better then my old 720. They are my favorite gyro for 3D.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #605 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a hard reality for Skookum at the moment. The only reason for paying the extra for the SK720 (when it is available) is for the GPS and flight/vibration logging. You can get most of the other features of the SK720 including governor and SL in the Ikon/Brain for the cost of the SK540 and based on my experience it is just as good as a 3d FBL controller.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #606 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default GPS/Black Edition News

So no updates on GPS shipping but they will come on here looking for reps.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #607 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicbunny View Post
So no updates on GPS shipping but they will come on here looking for reps.
I emailed Skookum. They replied "should be shipping within a week"

I'm expecting another email soon asking for more money and to send it to Western Union in Nigeria.
1706/1.5Y, Kontronik Jive 80LV with JLOG2
Skookum SK-720, DSMX Satellites, JR3517MG and MKS BLS990 servos
insertnamehere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #608 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

LMAO!!! That's funny and it could happen.
They are also asking on the main forum.
I started this thread in October because of the empty promises and it should be ready soon BS from Skookum and I can see from this it still has not changed. Glad I moved on or I would still be waiting to fly my newest heli I got in August!!!! I have made alot of flights on it since then.
Banshee # 45 700 LE and 850
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #609 (permalink)
Registered Users

for all we know those teaser videos really just had some guy outside the picture really controlling the heli to a stable hover.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #610 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you don’t want GPS then get a SK540. I have a couple of them and they fly better then my old 720. They are my favorite gyro for 3D.

Did they add SL to the SK540? Did I miss that somewhere?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #611 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Did they add SL to the SK540? Did I miss that somewhere?
No, he is just saying in the meantime the 540 rocks. I concur. The one I had was brilliant. But needed SL for my kind of work. Vibe logging also.

I have little to no interest in the Gps at this point. Although I can see why it is so cool. And also so daunting for Skookum to dial in.

I just want a few blacks myself.

I have the one new Sk720 Skookum replaced brand new this fall that is mounted inside my Warp 360 with a prototype Scorp motor I am testing for them. Gives me something to do as I am sitting up North in 14deg weather staring out at the frozen tundra. And honestly I couldn't have done the work I do without the vibe logging. I am tearing into every aspect of the heli. Got it down to less than .17 vibes overall! That took the logging and a ton of work. It also exposed several things Compass needed to know about. And validated what they did. Then showed me a perfect nasty new vibe free Scorpion that has so much torque it would shred gears if this wasn't belt driven.

But I also have a Goblin 700 sitting on my dresser waiting for spring. Kinda hoping the guy thinking of buying it from me doesn't. If I keep it, I will need data logging. If he gets it he will need both it and self level. This way when and if he has problems? Flying? Hit SL. Mechanical? he can email me the vibe logs. I can nail down every part on the heli from a distance and tutor him through anything.

What other unit can do that?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #612 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep I've only been flying heli for a year, I'm not ready to go without the SL. Saved me from too many crashes. Same here, no interest in GPS. I just do sport flying and hopefully light 3d some day.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #613 (permalink)
Registered Users

"SK-GPS Positioning Module
Available mid-January 2013!
"
amasingh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #614 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has the 720BE shipped yet?
I can’t find any in stores?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #615 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Has the 720BE shipped yet?
I can’t find any in stores?

I'm not sure if this was meant to be sarcasm,if not,then no the SK720 BE has not been released yet.
Have a nice day.
Scorny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #616 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Some news would be nice... its getting a bit ridiculous now. Just a bit.

spikestabber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #617 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1
mbutler6063 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #618 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone really expect anything more? This is a company that has never once met any stated deadline and simply doesn't communicate with their customers when those deadlines are missed. Now they have taken people's money and here everyone still sits without any communication after passing their own deadline over three weeks ago. It's insulting to treat their customers like this.

Not that they care, but my patience is wearing very thin with these guys, and I'm not letting my new Goblin 630 keep sitting waiting for yet another new broken date and promise. As it is now, if people report issues with the GPS, it will be another year before they do anything to correct it. It's been 6 months now that there has been a tail twitch bug in version 3:15 and they haven't even acknowledged it yet, much less done anything about it, so how long do we think it will take to correct the bugs that WILL be found in the GPS?

I'm resisting the urge every day to spend my money elsewhere and walk away from this company.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #619 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GPS/Black Edition News

Ive seen the gps in action about 1 month ago, unless some magical software writing has been done in record time i would be weary
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #620 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can get a Helicommand for 10% off today, last day of their sale at Heli Direct.. I think its time to get something from a real company with more than one programmer whether I end up using it or not. Tarot is already showing teasers of their very affordable GPS setup, and at this rate Hobbyking will have one out before the SK is released.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in