Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 05:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Night Magic Blades - V2 RGB version

I'm a very happy owner of a new pair of "Night Magic Blades" 680mm RGB LED blades (used on my 700E).

http://www.nightmagicblades.com/

They are awesome !!

The bundled PC software is a little buggy, and working with only 8 colours can be tricky, but the blades themselves work great.

I've flown only a couple of times (they are a crowd magnet), and I've since programmed in some great new animations. Unfortunately I don't (yet) have any video (my camera broke).

They will play animations up to 20 frames per second, which makes playback look nicely smooth. There is a limit of 576 frames for each blade (can get more frames on smaller blades), but each of the frames can be played again and again and in any order via a user-set 'play list', so I have 10 minutes worth of flying 'video', even including the classic

I'm getting really good at programming these, so if anyone needs any help, or animation clips, feel free to ask.
smeggy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2015, 06:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered the 800mm magic blades. Next week i will test it.
338federal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

is there any place to get images to download? i just received the blades and trying to program some things but it doesn't have much instructions.
thanks
hjscm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

alos i can not get my dongle to work. i tried on 2 different computers and it won't see the dongle. i installed the drivers like it says and they say installed but can't see it.
thanks
hjscm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2015, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The NMB software isn’t 100% solid, so some things may not be obvious. I don’t remember any indication on my PC that the dongle is connected. I think all you need is to connect up the dongle and blade as explained and perform the ‘blade detect’ process. If it detects correctly, you’re in business and you should be able to “Read presentation” from the blade. If so, I recommend the first thing you do is take a backup of the clip on the blade before trying to write anything to it.

I don’t believe the manufacturer has made any ‘image’ clip files available beyond that already programmed into the blades. This is why I made my own clips, based on my own animations or from others I find on the web.
smeggy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up a set of 325 mm RGB blades a short while back, installed on a older T-rex 450 V2 FBL machine. They work amazingly well.

Due to lack of spare time with work and family things as of late, I haven't plugged into the software program yet. Have just been flying with the preloaded images and playlist. It is still good for gathering a crowd at the flight line.

I also have an older set of 425 mm single color Night Magic blades on an older Blade 500 3D. The images seem much clearer and sharper on the RGB blades IMO.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello nmb owners. Were and how can i download other images? Have done some own images and they work fine.
338federal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Night Magic Blades pictures

You would think that there would be a data base of a ton of pictures but I also have yet to find any. I have made up 50 or so on my own that are ok but nothing fantastic. I would like to exchange any that I have for any you have. With the Designer program they are not easy. I have yet to try any from other programs. I do know this. I tried to program the lower blades with just basic colors until I got used to the program. I did also try to add a couple of not default colors i.e. purple, rose and orange. This basically destroyed the program on the lower blade. I got a fix from NMB and it worked out fine. I also started having a problem with the upper and lower blade not working and having the image start to rotate with the blade and eventually no presentation at all. I found out from NMB that the tape that covered the battery box and the sensor became more opaque over time and had a tendency to pick up particles such that the sensor could not see the reflective tape on the boom. I removed the tape from the battery holder and sensor and it has been working fine ever since. I did try for a while to correct this and eventually just tried the fix for the lower blade in the upper blade. This really screwed the upper blade up and so had to get a fix from NMB that specifically worked for the upper blade. It was strange, I was able to use the fix for the lower using windows 7. It would not work with windows 8.1. The fix for the upper worked just the opposite. It worked with windows 8.1, but would not work with windows 7. As for the dongles, I knew that they were very delicate. I treated them as such but still had two just not work for really no good reason. I still have one good one and really support it when I charge the battery. I have three more ordered as well as two sets of batteries. The blades are a big hit no matter where I go. They got a lot of attention at the smack down at IRCHA this year. I would like to come up with some way to make a charger for the batteries. You have to take the blades off every time you want to charge them because there is no way to support the dongle properly when the blades are on the heli. Let me know if you would like to start exchanging any pictures. I plan on doing a lot of work while winter is here...There are certain things about the designer program that are not obvious. It took a while to figure out just how the program works and what you can and can't do. My blades are 680mm...
Groundzero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hi

Hi there smeggy how are you today i need some help if poss with the night magic blades i have the red and green blades made animations and playlists all fine i got a set of the rgb 680 other day fab blades nice manager but i have made a presentation say from playlist 1 through to 10 lasting around 5 mins and i doesn't seem to let me load the entire playlist to the blades im only getting 2 of the 10 then it repeats form start again any help would be much appreciated

many thanks Gary
twistedfirestarter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 12:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you could be hitting a sort of size limit...
Old 06-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are these blades able to just do a normal style night blade pattern out of the box? Looking at having my first night flyer (Logo 550sx) and these blades seem to be the only option. Not sure if I want to have pictures on the disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2016, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a question for anyone using these blades. I have an 800 size cameraship. 1550 rpm. 30lb lift currently with Edge 815's. Would anyone have a warning again using night blades in this application?
Mapoff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in